PDA

View Full Version : nitrous

murph812
01-03-2012, 03:59 PM
So I'm new to this forum, I'm sure my question has already been posted and beat up pretty good.

Here it goes, has anyone ever sprayed their 400ex? Last year I did the whole motor rebuild. Went with a 440 big bore wisco 10:1 stg 2 hot cam full race exhaust. I don't wanna spray it all the time just occasionally when running my buddies 660's. I kno a lot of the dangers of nitrous from havin it in my car.

Any kind of criticism would be alright, I wanna hear the pros and cons of nitrous. Thanks guys

JOHNDOE83
01-03-2012, 04:59 PM
ask 400exshop you can find him in the drag racing section.

just PM him

ish416
01-03-2012, 07:34 PM
If you run nitrous in your car then you should already know the pros and cons.

The pros - more power when you want it, doesn't hurt anything when your not using it and cheapest way to add considerable power to your engine.

Cons - Must be tuned correctly otherwise your engine goes kaput. Not as easily tuned on a quad as a car since you probably won't have a wideband to make sure you don't run spray it lean. A window switch or something similar I think would be extremely helpful by making sure you don't scatter your engine by controlling the rpms when the spray will well, spray.

400exshop
01-04-2012, 05:07 PM
murph812

I sent you a pm.....If you look up ericcrip's post on here you will see alot of my stuff and pic's of the set up....... Hope this helps you out....And johndoe if you call me or text me ill tell you how to set up your cr250r on the spray...... If thats what your going to do.....