PDA

View Full Version : 06+ trx450r kicker parts in crf450r

deathman53
01-03-2012, 03:19 PM
will it work to have a 06+ trx450r kicker gears in a crf450r motor? Has anybody ever tried this. I would, but I don't have a kicker trx450r to steal parts from. I have 2 hybrids and I need an extension for one, but would like to see if I could put a forward kicker on it. My lsr quad hybrid is the one that I would really want to put a forward kicker on, the trike has a flip-top seat, so it really isn't a issue.

Lquad71
01-03-2012, 04:07 PM
im not completely sure but my guess is no because the crf450 doesnt have to use a countershaft like the trx does so the actual cases probably dont have a spot to put the extra gear that you would need to be a forward kicker. I could be wrong and i have not looked into it.

Rich250RRacer
01-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by deathman53
will it work to have a 06+ trx450r kicker gears in a crf450r motor? Has anybody ever tried this. I would, but I don't have a kicker trx450r to steal parts from. I have 2 hybrids and I need an extension for one, but would like to see if I could put a forward kicker on it. My lsr quad hybrid is the one that I would really want to put a forward kicker on, the trike has a flip-top seat, so it really isn't a issue.

That's a good question. I would think the early CRF's may not be cast for the extra bearing and gear, since that motor was completely different from the first TRX motors, but the later CRF's may have a place for it, since the later quad and bike motors were much more similar. I haven't been into a newer CRF to look for differences. Maybe someone could post pics of a CRF with the clutch cover off.

deathman53
01-03-2012, 07:33 PM
I have a 03 motor in my quad and another that the tranny and top end is toast. I will get a picture of it, any pictures of a trx for comparism? I also have a 05 crf motor. My understanding is they are nearly the same cases, w/ exception to the width of mounts. The later motors didn't use spacers in them. When you get new crf cases, they are 04+ design and they fit everything that the 02 and 03 motors had, as well as fits the 02 and 03 frames.