PDA

View Full Version : Which sprint blackberry to get, Pro's con's?

backwoodsracer
01-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Im getting a blackberry which one should i get? (Im not getting the pearl)

Quad18star
01-02-2012, 05:32 PM
I have the Torch and if I were to do it over again I'd go with a different phone. I don't use the touch screen and prefer the keypad , so I would go without the slide. I'd probably go with a Blackberry Bold.

tyltr450
01-02-2012, 11:57 PM
I have a blackberry curve 8530 I will sale u if u want take 50 for it, I had it for about 2 months and then I went and got a IPhone.

Exrider434
01-03-2012, 12:16 AM
Best advice is to just stay away from blackberries there are no pro's to them at all

Wired
01-03-2012, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Exrider434
Best advice is to just stay away from blackberries there are no pro's to them at all

Thats what i was going to say. Blackberry's are definitely on their way out. I'd go with a new android phone. You wont be disappointed! Android > Iphone > Blackberry

quad2xtreme
01-03-2012, 10:12 AM
I am a 10 year Blackberry user and wouldn't use one if my employer offered an alternative...that is finally happening in 2012.

If you are stuck on one, I'd definitely go with one that has a keyboard.

backwoodsracer
01-03-2012, 08:38 PM
ehhhh ive gone thru 2 android's. they always stop charging and get slow.

jkiserracing
01-03-2012, 09:04 PM
I have the curve now. I like the phone pretty good but the camera on the curves suck. I might try the blackberry bold next

beastlywarrior
01-03-2012, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Wired
Thats what i was going to say. Blackberry's are definitely on their way out. I'd go with a new android phone. You wont be disappointed! Android > Iphone > Blackberry
You got the first 2 switched

rf928
01-04-2012, 10:48 AM
I would wait and see before buying a blackberry.

Apple,Microsoft, and google (android) have all offered to buy RIM. But they have all been declined. The playbook, which was supposed to compete with the iPad, is being liquidated here (alberta) for $150

If you HAVE to buy a bb, I would suggest a bold. The torch have been reported to turn the screen from the keyboard, breaking the phone VERY easily.

Just my 2 cents

Sjorge450R
01-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by rf928
I would wait and see before buying a blackberry.

Apple,Microsoft, and google (android) have all offered to buy RIM. But they have all been declined. The playbook, which was supposed to compete with the iPad, is being liquidated here (alberta) for $150

If you HAVE to buy a bb, I would suggest a bold. The torch have been reported to turn the screen from the keyboard, breaking the phone VERY easily.

Just my 2 cents

Where do you get your information? Not one thing is true, minus the liquidations. And for 150? Send me a link. 199 was the cheapest ive seen them and RIM is offering them all for 299 right now.

As for the phone. I own a torch 9810. I also own a torch 9800. I work construction. Neither phone has given me and issue, software or hardware. Also, I am a huge active member on Crackberry. Never have I ever heard of a torch screen separating from the keyboard.

Its up to you. I for one. love the organization and feel of a blackberry. iphones dont do anything for me as in order to do anything, you need to jailbreak them.

Androids, I like. But they are too disorganized within the OS for me. I have a $2000 desktop to play games on. I dont need a phone that can do that. Messaging on a blackberry is unmatched by anyone.

rf928
01-08-2012, 07:10 PM
Future shop red deer alberta was blowing out the smallest for $150 from dec 24-28. And heres the latest: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/blackberry-blackberry-64gb-playbook-with-wi-fi-prd-38548-003/10166451.aspx?path=f53792d24b5f171eb57571df79dd046 5en02

I said REPORTED to break. I did not say they ALL break. That is what I have seen on the track, and agriculture.

I am excellent friends with the Apple. inc Alberta Rep, who (lucky me) works very close. You will not see anything about the companies offering to buy it, because if you know Apple (and I am assuming you don't) is very secretive. Microsoft/Windows Mobile, Google/Android
Apple/Apple have all offered to buy it. It is coming very soon.

Back on topic now.

I did some more looking, and I suppose anything is durable if you add a otter box or any other heavy duty case. But, I still suggest the bold.

Quad18star
01-08-2012, 07:26 PM
There's plenty of talk that RIM is falling on hard times ... the playbook was/is a flop and there's been a few too many issues with networks and operating systems on the BBs.... so I wouldn't dismiss the fact that they will eventually be bought out by another company unless they come out with something to grab market shares.

Business people enjoy the blackberry because of it's functionality and it's buisiness oriented softwar. Teens love it for the Messenger feature which saves them a ton of texting fees.

The iPhone is more of a "fun" phone... so people that love browsing the net and using Apps find it handy but it doesn't have much of a business sense to it.

Sometimes I wish I had an iPhone for different fun features , but I enjoy the business feel of the Blackberry operating system platform.

Like I mentioned before, my only regret is that I got the Torch ... I should have gotten the Bold ..... I realized after the fact that I don't like the slide and always type using the keypad.