PDA

View Full Version : need photoshop gurus stat!

dabombdale
02-28-2003, 10:04 PM
Can somebody make a banner for a web site says

"Quad Racers Alberta" and it saying "www.qrab.ca" with like a cool background like someone on a quad doing a trick, I have seen some on here before and thought they were unbelieveable.

thanks

Striker49
02-28-2003, 10:31 PM
If you will PM me with this info so Ill remember it I will work on it. I have some other projects to do and I have to work til 5 tomorrow. But I should have time for it tomorrow night if that would be aight. :)

dabombdale
02-28-2003, 10:32 PM
perfect, thanx, still open to any banners

BrianWrightR6
02-28-2003, 10:48 PM
I will see what I can come up with.....

BrianWrightR6
02-28-2003, 11:29 PM
Give me some comments on this. What needs to be changed or added?

p@iNn3ck
03-01-2003, 01:18 AM
Brian - you do some good work man! Impressive! What if you made "alberta" look like "quad racers", font/style wise? Thats the only suggeston I could make, now I'll go back to my un-artistic corner.

BrianWrightR6
03-01-2003, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by p@iNn3ck
Brian - you do some good work man! Impressive! What if you made "alberta" look like "quad racers", font/style wise? Thats the only suggeston I could make, now I'll go back to my un-artistic corner.

How is that?

03-01-2003, 02:24 AM
Man you got skill

CowsBitePeople
03-01-2003, 02:32 AM
Brian Thats pretty awsome!! :macho You do good work....

MaTT....

dabombdale
03-01-2003, 02:59 AM
I love it, some of you guys are just awesome at this, keep up the good work, I like the lettering, did you do the letter by hand with the mouse?

Fred55
03-01-2003, 03:02 AM
It's just a font choice...like on Microsoft word where you can choose what type u want.

BrianWrightR6
03-01-2003, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by Fred55
It's just a font choice...like on Microsoft word where you can choose what type u want.

True but there is more to it than just that....

dabombdale
03-01-2003, 03:08 AM
do you think you can make one with a bit neater writting too? maybe with shadows on the writting, i just want to see what it looks like, thanx

BrianWrightR6
03-01-2003, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by dabombdale
do you think you can make one with a bit neater writting too? maybe with shadows on the writting, i just want to see what it looks like, thanx

What do you mean by neater writing and what would you like it to say? Any other info would help.......:confused:

dabombdale
03-01-2003, 03:14 AM
like a bit of a not as choppy writting i guess with shadows on it, like not so scribbly, thanx

the same writting, just different text with shadows

BrianWrightR6
03-01-2003, 03:19 AM
like a bit of a not as choppy writting i guess with shadows on it, like not so scribbly, thanx

the same writting, just different text with shadows

Yehh but what do you want it to say? Do you want a logo or banner or what? :confused:

Fender Bender
03-01-2003, 03:29 AM
sry to get off subject but hey brian, where do you get all those fonts? thanks dude:scary:

BrianWrightR6
03-01-2003, 03:32 AM
Just do a search on the web for FREE FONTS and you should be able to find a TON. There are some on KaZaa if you do a search on there also. I have a ton from when I was in college.

Fender Bender
03-01-2003, 03:34 AM
Ok, thanks again dude:)

dabombdale
03-01-2003, 03:39 AM
I want it to say the exact same stuff, same place, same background, only change the font of the wirtting, now do you get it?

BrianWrightR6
03-01-2003, 03:42 AM
I want it to say the exact same stuff, same place, same background, only change the font of the wirtting, now do you get it?

SORRY DUDE, I must be hopped up on crack tonight. I did not even realize that it was you that I was doing it for......LOL Let me see what I can do.

dabombdale
03-01-2003, 03:48 AM
haha no problem, you honda guys are sure nice lol

BrianWrightR6
03-01-2003, 04:17 AM
Is this any better?

p@iNn3ck
03-01-2003, 12:18 PM
Ok thats good, now how bout you center the "alberta", add a quad racing through the words "quad racing", clean up the other quad pic, make the web address a real link, add 3 new colors, and make it all 4D and lifesize!

Ah......maybe I got carried away. I still think the second one was killer! Pretty cool that you can make custom change requests that quick and professional looking.

I'm gonna look for that font,whats it called?, looks like half filled paintbrush.

dabombdale
03-01-2003, 01:26 PM
dude, that was exactly what i wanted to see haha, you are a god, thank you very much.

BrianWrightR6
03-01-2003, 01:31 PM
Ok thats good, now how bout you center the "alberta", add a quad racing through the words "quad racing", clean up the other quad pic, make the web address a real link, add 3 new colors, and make it all 4D and lifesize!

Ah......maybe I got carried away. I still think the second one was killer! Pretty cool that you can make custom change requests that quick and professional looking.

I'm gonna look for that font,whats it called?, looks like half filled paintbrush.

It is all about NOT centering. That is just too predictable. Clean up the quad picture, you mean the wind effect? It only took like 5 min to make those changes to it so I don’t mind. The fonts are Impact and the first one is a combination of different ones and they are each tweaked. Ohhh and the web address IS a real link..... Just try it www.qrab.ca The reason it is the size it is because that is what was requested...Banner size. Thanks for the info.

"dabombdale" Glad you liked it, if I can help and more let me know.

Glow Plug
03-01-2003, 01:58 PM
hey dabombdale where are you from in alberta ? well anyway brain nice work :D

dabombdale
03-01-2003, 08:14 PM
I am from edmonton

I was tired of that banner on the site, it is just a site for the racers here in alberta saying a schedule and some videos of them racing

thanks a lot for doing this for me, their old banner was too simple and plain, this will spruce it right up, the guy who makes the site is out of town all weekend so i will see what he says on monday about the banner, thanks.

Striker49
03-01-2003, 10:47 PM
Well, dabombdale...looks like Brian got ya covered. Sorry I could not get to you sooner. :(

dabombdale
03-02-2003, 12:14 AM
no problem, you are both good lol

p@iNn3ck
03-02-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by BrianWrightR6
It is all about NOT centering. That is just too predictable. Clean up the quad picture, you mean the wind effect? It only took like 5 min to make those changes to it so I don’t mind. The fonts are Impact and the first one is a combination of different ones and they are each tweaked. Ohhh and the web address IS a real link..... Just try it www.qrab.ca The reason it is the size it is because that is what was requested...Banner size. Thanks for the info.

OK, I can see I am going to have to work on my "online sarcasm" skills, or start using them little smilie faces...:o
I sure thought I was making some exagerated and odd suggestions (I was laughing while typing them)..... anywho, the serious side of that post was I liked your second one the way it was, the rest was just me runnin my mouth in a feeble attempt to be humurous. Maybe I'll stick to reading the posts....:ermm:

BrianWrightR6
03-02-2003, 10:10 AM
OK, I can see I am going to have to work on my "online sarcasm" skills, or start using them little smilie faces...:o
I sure thought I was making some exagerated and odd suggestions (I was laughing while typing them)..... anywho, the serious side of that post was I liked your second one the way it was, the rest was just me runnin my mouth in a feeble attempt to be humurous. Maybe I'll stick to reading the posts....:ermm:

I understand dude....I was just explaining my position. :D