PDA

View Full Version : Fox high end coil over?

jjohns5
01-02-2012, 09:12 AM
Just curious, why doesn't Fox make a high end coil over front shock to match their floats? I know they do produce them for the rhino, trophy trucks, prerunners, sand rails ect...The only pair I have seen are on the factory polaris a few years back and I know these aren't their best?

scotturban
01-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by jjohns5
Just curious, why doesn't Fox make a high end coil over front shock to match their floats? I know they do produce them for the rhino, trophy trucks, prerunners, sand rails ect...The only pair I have seen are on the factory polaris a few years back and I know these aren't their best?

I guess that is kinda a good question,, My opinion is that there good at making air shocks, and people like them, I think if they were to come out with a spring shock I would guarantee it would not be on the level of a p.e.p or axis...

Just my opinion,, A spring shock is more custom.. meaning it would be more work for them. They have two valvings for rear shocks they sell Normal and heavy. They have one front shock they sell to everyone, If they were to want to become competitive in the coil over front shock market they would have to build each shock for the rider for it to be on the level of a p.e.p or axis and that would be way more for for the people at fox to do...

jjohns5
01-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Yeah, I just think it would be interesting to see fox produce some high end coil overs to compete with all the other top builders. I agree with your statement, they probably do just fine profit wise and it is less work...I think they should put some out just because they are so successful with all other desert toys.

hontrx265r
01-10-2012, 07:15 AM
pretty sure fox has a coilover, there are different versions of the podium, they are offered for the front.