PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Supercross A1 Predictions..

IOWAracer
01-02-2012, 12:13 AM
Post up your top 5 for A1 450 and 250 if you like!

I am just gonna go with the 450 class still not 100 percent sure who is actually racing 250 west yet...

1) James Stewart
2) Ryan Villiopoto
3) Chad Reed
4) Ryan Dungey
5) Jake Weimer

trompen542
01-02-2012, 10:02 AM
rv2, rd5, cr22,kw14,as29
js7 a big crash

Balaz_73*00
01-02-2012, 10:36 AM
Im taking a long weekend from work and heading there! Im so stoked to see everyone in action again. Too bad Canard is injured. I think he'll be a contender for a few mains this year.
1. JS
2. RV
3. CR

finsteratv
01-02-2012, 10:43 AM
I actually got a chance to talk with Canard a little at a signing when a bunch of the other guys we're signing along with big ol 22. Canard has my vote, he's a cool guy. JS7 imo is over rated but still a good rider..hope dungey likes the KTM would like to see him beat RV. If Villapoto can ride like he did at the monster cup, i think he might take JS7.

300ex_#387
01-02-2012, 10:57 AM
I heard Canard might try and ride the first round to salvage points. I feel he will be a contender this year if he can heal up quickly. Here is my prediction.

Stewart
Villapoto
Reed
Dungey
Brayton
Metcalfe
Millsaps
Grant
Stroupe
Tickle
Short
Windham
Tedesco
Weimer
Hill
Chisolm
Allessi
Hahn
Wey
Hanson

That leaves out so many riders that are use to making mains. This class is stacked this year.

BlasterEaten250
01-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Villopotto
Stewart
Dungey
Reed
Stroupe

That's my guess, however, I hope Dungey wins :macho

Hondamaster5505
01-02-2012, 11:46 AM
I'd love to see Dungey do good, but I have a feeling Villopoto and Reed are going to be in the front of the pack.

Reed had a couple seasons way off, like he just wasn't feeling it, but it seems since he started his own team, he's almost inspired again and started rippin' like the old Reed used to.

No matter what, no doubt it's going to be an amazing season.

Senator
01-02-2012, 12:17 PM
My prediction for the Anaheim 1 podium

1. RV 2
2. CR 22
3. JS 7

and Reed and Stewart pick up right where they left off

madskrillz2
01-02-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm gonna say
Stewart
Reed
Villopoto
Dungey
Windham

400exHondaRider
01-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Any one know when the first race is going to be on fuel tv? i like to record all of them, but dont know when the first one will be on.

madskrillz2
01-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by 400exHondaRider
Any one know when the first race is going to be on fuel tv? i like to record all of them, but dont know when the first one will be on.

I think all the sx races are on SPEED and CBS. That is, unless they changed something this year. Anaheim 1 comes on SPEED at 10pm ET Saturday.

rf928
01-02-2012, 05:22 PM
1. Ryan Villiopoto
2. Ryan Dungey
3. Chad Reed
4. Josh Hill
5. James Stewart

I think Hill might make a comeback......

ZBlaster
01-02-2012, 07:34 PM
RD5
RV2
CR22
BM24
JS7

jkiserracing
01-02-2012, 07:42 PM
1 Villipoto
2 Stewart
3 Dungey
4 Reed
5 Windham

jrspawn
01-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Reed...
Then the rest of the pack

:devil:

C41Xracer
01-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by jkiserracing
1 Villipoto
2 Stewart
3 Dungey
4 Reed
5 Windham

is Windham even racing this year?

440racer66
01-03-2012, 12:54 PM
stewart.
reed
ginger kid
sunshine 5

BlasterEaten250
01-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by C41Xracer
is Windham even racing this year? I believe he's retiring either after mx this year or at the end of 2013.

finsteratv
01-03-2012, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by 440racer66
stewart.
reed
ginger kid
sunshine 5
haha

jkiserracing
01-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by C41Xracer
is Windham even racing this year?

Well....I thought he was? I'm actually not completely sure on that though....

300ex_#387
01-03-2012, 09:24 PM
I thought he wanted to make it to 20 years. I believe his rookie year was 1994. I remember him saying he would like to make it to 20 years as a pro.

SRH
01-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by jrspawn
Reed...
Then the rest of the pack

:devil:

lol

stewart
villopoto
reed
hansen
dungey
grant

300ex_#387
01-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by SRH
lol

stewart
villopoto
reed
hansen
dungey
grant

Throwing hansen in the top 5.......bold move. If we were picking heat races I would pick him top 3 but he just cant seem to put a main together. Thats why I have him near the bottom.

madskrillz2
01-04-2012, 02:03 PM
There's a rumor going around that Canard may try and race A1 now. So I'm gonna go ahead and replace Windham with Canard.

madskrillz2
01-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Oh and Malcolm Stewart is looking pretty good on that new KTM too.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6EyJz46EMWk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IOWAracer
01-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Windham will race until 2013...Canard is in for A1!

I think Hanny will impress some of you guys this year...

I noticed no one has mentioned Mike Alessi he is back on a Suzuki this year for Moto Concepts and there muiti brand team... If he can pull some good holeshots he will be up front!

Still not sure what to expect from JS7 guess we will have to wait and see

sangheraent
01-04-2012, 08:16 PM
all Alessi ever did was pull holeshots, hes super fast out of the gate but can't hold on after.

I think Reed, Stewart and Villipoto fight it out this year.

However Stewart is 50/50 he either has an amazing season or he crashes out, apparently he hates the Yamaha maybe being on the factory team might help but I think he signed JGR for the retirement plan (ie nascar).

SRH
01-05-2012, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by sangheraent
all Alessi ever did was pull holeshots, hes super fast out of the gate but can't hold on after.

I think Reed, Stewart and Villipoto fight it out this year.

However Stewart is 50/50 he either has an amazing season or he crashes out, apparently he hates the Yamaha maybe being on the factory team might help but I think he signed JGR for the retirement plan (ie nascar).

i think he disliked his team last season , in interview he said he rode every bike and felt the none were that much better than the jgr yamaha

i think hes going to be fast, hes confident now with the new team , i dont think well see mistakes of last year

Lasher
01-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Here are my thoughts...

James Stewert - if (big IF) he can keep it on two wheels he should walk away with the series. I watched the LA last night and he is just faster than everyone else. I don't know what his issue was the last couple years but I think JGR will be the ticket to getting him mentally ready for the series.

Ryan Villopoto - he is just fast but a tick behind James in speed. In the outdoors, the 2012 bike seemed like a big step up since he looked more comfortable on the bike. Be interesting to see how he does against James.

Ryan Dungy - big gamble going to KTM but with Roger there (who built a new bike just for Ryan) he could have big year. Which would be great for KTM but I don't think he can win a championship on speed alone. Especially with Ryan and James.

Chad Reed - Love the guy since he started his own team. But I think the crash at Millville played with his head, with a kid and owning a team. He should be fast but will he push the limits? I did not see at the end of the outdoors.

Mike Alessi - Forget supercross. Just not something he has done well at. Outdoors is different.

Kevin Windham - solid rider but I don't see him pushing the limits either. He will be there for leftovers when others wad up, but that is it.

As for the others...until they prove to be at the same pace as the front runners, forget about them. The top four will be light years ahead of the others.

A1 predictions...
1) James will win, looking at the track design, he might get holeshot but at least be 1st after the 1st lap.
2) Ryan Villopoto will take second trying to run James's pace but not be able to catch him.
3) Chad Reed will be off the top 2 pace but ahead of...
4) Ryan Dungy. He will put up a good show, but I think it will be a couple rounds before he is on top (and Ryan / James hit the dirt)

KKiowaTJ
01-06-2012, 01:09 AM
IMO JS7 is the fastest and he himself can only ruin a good thing. If he keeps a level head and just enough to win, He will walk away #1.
Everyone else has had to copy his scrub style to keep up, But he still has the edge and more tricks up his sleeve.

RV will give him a good run, Very fast and always comfortable being uncomfortable on any track. The new bike showed a walk away end and a 3 win run in vegas, No competition.

Reed hasn't been or rode the same since millville. When he had to pull the eject cord he has since held back and is timid. Hes getting up in age and last year was the peak IMO, Could be wrong. But after the crap he did to JS, I hope hes just a gate filler.

Dungy was nothing but a paper champ. No one to race, Clear track for SX/MX. Hes a flash in the pan and now on a ktm, Thats just asking for more epic fail. He will never see another title unless he lucks into it again.

Always a fan of K-dub, Hope he can fall into some podium's. But this season will be great if they all stay healthy and keep on the bikes. Oh well, Only a couple more days and we shall see.

IOWAracer
01-06-2012, 01:18 AM
I agree with both you you guys!

I do think that if Canard bounces back quickly its going to be him up with JS and the Ryans this year...

jrspawn
01-06-2012, 08:27 AM
"But after the crap he did to JS, I hope hes just a gate filler."

Yup, because Stewart has never raced aggressive:ermm:

It always cracks me up to hear about him being the fastest out there... For someone that has completed so many series and so many more championships than rest of the field....... Oh yeah that's right, he hasn't completed all his seasons or had the most championships.

His results will follow last years, some wins and the rest mid to last results.

Is he fast, yup. Will he be champion, nope. Way to many other players in the game this year.

madskrillz2
01-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by jrspawn
"But after the crap he did to JS, I hope hes just a gate filler."

Yup, because Stewart has never raced aggressive:ermm:

It always cracks me up to hear about him being the fastest out there... For someone that has completed so many series and so many more championships than rest of the field....... Oh yeah that's right, he hasn't completed all his seasons or had the most championships.

His results will follow last years, some wins and the rest mid to last results.

Is he fast, yup. Will he be champion, nope. Way to many other players in the game this year.

Haha when I read his post I just knew you were gonna be the first to respond.

FHKracingZ
01-06-2012, 01:22 PM
I think this year is JS7's to lose. He is on a new team, he is more focused, he is on a better yamaha than last year. JGR made an alluminum tank, different seat and plastics, moved the motor in the chassis all to make james more comfy on the bike. I think RV2 will be right there with chad, dungey, and canard fighting for 3rd-5th.

skyeryder
01-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Reed
Stewart
Poto
Dungey
Windham

quad2xtreme
01-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Lasher
He
As for the others...until they prove to be at the same pace as the front runners, forget about them. The top four will be light years ahead of the others.

This is so true. 4 guys can wreck anytime on the 1st lap and don't lose but a few points. They only lose major points if they wreck late in the moto. They are in a class of pros by themselves.

quad2xtreme
01-06-2012, 05:16 PM
be nice to have 15 riders go first then release the 2nd gate for the 5 fastest riders - we all know who they are. I have to say I love when these guys go down early so I can watch them.

KKiowaTJ
01-06-2012, 06:09 PM
JS7 has went down many times and went from dead last to the front many times. He is hands down faster than any other rider, But he gets too confident and blows it.

I like #7 for the fact everyone else dont. Just like kyle busch, Hes already a HOF driver and hes just getting warmed up.
Theres never been another driver to win Friday, Saturday and Sunday on top of all the other wins. No championship but everything else.

Its gonna be a good race non the less. When canard can hang it out like the others he will be #1, He holds back and plays it too safe. But always a smile no matter what. I just hope they can keep it a "race" and not a slam fest or equipment failures.

Only a few hours until we shall see..... :cool:

madskrillz2
01-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by KKiowaTJ
JS7 has went down many times and went from dead last to the front many times. He is hands down faster than any other rider, But he gets too confident and blows it.

I like #7 for the fact everyone else dont. Just like kyle busch, Hes already a HOF driver and hes just getting warmed up.
Theres never been another driver to win Friday, Saturday and Sunday on top of all the other wins. No championship but everything else.

Its gonna be a good race non the less. When canard can hang it out like the others he will be #1, He holds back and plays it too safe. But always a smile no matter what. I just hope they can keep it a "race" and not a slam fest or equipment failures.

Only a few hours until we shall see..... :cool:

Stewart doesn't get too confident. He just doesn't know how to simply slow down when he gets out front and run a steady pace for the win. He just seems to think he has to record the fastest lap every single lap. Canard knows how to hang it out with the best of em. He wouldn't have had 3 wins last year if he didn't. Especially that bar banger with Reed.

jkiserracing
01-07-2012, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
I thought he wanted to make it to 20 years. I believe his rookie year was 1994. I remember him saying he would like to make it to 20 years as a pro.

So heres the answer to that question. You have got to have plenty of respect for this guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKDpqJLY028&feature=player_embedded#!

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
01-07-2012, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
Stewart doesn't get too confident. He just doesn't know how to simply slow down when he gets out front and run a steady pace for the win. He just seems to think he has to record the fastest lap every single lap. Canard knows how to hang it out with the best of em. He wouldn't have had 3 wins last year if he didn't. Especially that bar banger with Reed.

He can hang it out with them but he even said in an interview he thinks he rides too safe and is working on that. When he's mid pack he rides great, but when he's up front he doesn't quite know how to keep his pace up. Had Dungey passed him any later last year at Houston, Canard wouldn't have caught up to him for the win.

I really hope Canard heals up quick. I just dropped $250 on a signed Canard 48 jersey he wore as lites champ. :D

IOWAracer
01-07-2012, 10:17 PM
Anyone watching?? Looks like Stewart is doin pretty good not 100% sure Dungey is like his setup for this track doesn't look to be pushing it at all but who knows well see shortly!

Anyone there by chance?

KKiowaTJ
01-07-2012, 10:45 PM
IMO this track is a POS. Too many turns and pretty much 99% one line a quad width.

JS7's looking good, But hope he can get out front and pace just ahead of the rest.
I'm surprised reed is doing as good as he is with all the young guys.

But it looks like a Honda night, Cole shot out of there like a bullet and walked away...

BlasterEaten250
01-07-2012, 11:56 PM
STEWART IS DOWN!! :D

I hope first place is a little closer in reach next week, it is more fun to watch a battle first first rather than a battle for second and third.

Lquad71
01-08-2012, 01:33 AM
i kno it is anaheim 1 but it looks like villopoto will be one tough guy to be this year. he walked away with that win like he was racing with amateurs.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
01-08-2012, 01:38 AM
YEAH BOY! Villopoto killed it out there today, that's what I like to see!

Am I the only one who noticed a completely different JS7 in his interview? Was cool to see him not so up tight after the race. I gained a little more respect for him after that one.

Now if Canard can race by Houston he could catch a 5th place or better I hope.

jkiserracing
01-08-2012, 06:45 AM
So did anyone get their predictions right? And how bout Mike Alessi in moto 1. Stayed up front the entire race...not bad! As far as RV, if that dude gets the holeshot in the main, the rest of the pack may have to forget it. Once he's out front its over. I don't think he made a single mistake or bobble at all in the main.

norris19
01-08-2012, 11:17 AM
did anyone catch chad reed's pre-race interview talking about bike setup for the race? he was talking about how the tracks he has been training on were much different than the anaheim 1 layout, and i could have swore that he said we were "****ting in the dark" with bike setup.

Balaz_73*00
01-08-2012, 12:12 PM
I was there. This is what I saw. Villapoto simply was the best there. Calm as can be (stalked him in the pits), cool, and confident. It showed. Stewart was fastest qualifier but layed that lap down on his last lap of timed practice. He was going slow the whole time, came to the mechanics area toward the very end of that practice and made a tweak to his bike. Very next lap put 1 hot lap in and was the only guy to double into that turn after the whoops right after the holeshot. Prob put a lil rebound in his rear shock to make that jump. Anyway, James didnt seem to have that fire. He couldnt get passed Dungey, looked lk he was riding with no sense of urgency. I was most impressed with Dungey. I am not biased towards any of the riders. I think he will be running top 3 all year.

madskrillz2
01-08-2012, 01:04 PM
Can't really say I'm surprised. He honestly looked kinda nervous to me and timid. Oh well, it's a long season so we'll see what happens. Last night does kinda make me nervous though. Villopoto has the speed to keep up with him now and all the consistency in the world. Starting to sound like RC all over again.

madskrillz2
01-08-2012, 01:12 PM
Oh and another thing that'll come into play is track design. Anybody else notice how tame and easy looking that track was for a supercross track? I mean I by no means could get out there and bust out 20 laps on it but considering what a track usually looks like.

Senator
01-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by jkiserracing
So did anyone get their predictions right?

...I was 2 for 3 on my podium picks :D ...

Originally posted by Senator
My prediction for the Anaheim 1 podium

1. RV 2
2. CR 22
3. JS 7

quad2xtreme
01-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
YEAH BOY! Villopoto killed it out there today, that's what I like to see!

Am I the only one who noticed a completely different JS7 in his interview? Was cool to see him not so up tight after the race. I gained a little more respect for him after that one.

Now if Canard can race by Houston he could catch a 5th place or better I hope.

X2. Maybe his dad isn't as large an influence now?

rf928
01-08-2012, 07:01 PM
I saw stewart seem to play it safer, and I think thats a good thing.

Little disappointed in dungey, but I hope he will win, and I know RV1 will win :)

trompen542
01-09-2012, 01:28 PM
I got 2 things right, rv won, and js7 big crash:devil:

SRH
01-09-2012, 03:06 PM
as tommy hahn said, the track was the replica of a state fair track lol

madskrillz2
01-09-2012, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by SRH
as tommy hahn said, the track was the replica of a state fair track lol

Haha exactly. Someone else, I wanna say Reed, said it reminded him of an endurocross track.

IOWAracer
01-09-2012, 03:20 PM
A lot of riders got together last season with the promoters and the track builders and discussed what they would like the tracks to be like and from the looks of Saturday the riders ideas don't seem to matter to the guys making the big money...I hope that Phoenix is a much better track when the racers don't even enjoy the tracks it kinda takes the fun out of watching the race...

300ex_#387
01-09-2012, 03:50 PM
It looks like Phoenix will be a better track. Looks like there might be more options for the rythm sections and not as many walls to hit and slow you down. The 180 turns will make for some better racing.

SRH
01-10-2012, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
It looks like Phoenix will be a better track. Looks like there might be more options for the rythm sections and not as many walls to hit and slow you down. The 180 turns will make for some better racing.

if you remember the track map from A1 was a bit diff than the preview, all the teams complained about that

i almost feel like there building tracks to highlight diff riders strengths to make up there own exciting season

jrspawn
01-10-2012, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by SRH
if you remember the track map from A1 was a bit diff than the preview, all the teams complained about that

i almost feel like there building tracks to highlight diff riders strengths to make up there own exciting season

Couldn't agree with you more on that!

madskrillz2
01-10-2012, 07:18 PM
This video, I think, does justice to how awful the track was. Look how it's constant stop, go, stop, go, roll, stop, go. All of them look so out of rhythm. Now I already know abunch of you are gonna comment with "Oh it's just Stewart blah blah blah." EVERYONE he comes up on just looks like they're riding an endurocross track. Seems like there's almost no rhythm to it at all.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3eNgHl95PGE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

madskrillz2
01-10-2012, 07:22 PM
And if you think I'm going just by this video, listen to this interview. Mainly Reed's opinion on the track.
http://www.vitalmx.com/photos/features/Podium-Speak-Anaheim-1-450s,36642/Slideshow,0/GuyB,64