PDA

View Full Version : Ebay stole a bunch of my money? WTF!

SpasticR450
01-01-2012, 10:06 PM
On my ebay I got this message what the hell is it saying?!

Your eBay invoice for the period from November 16, 2011 through December 15, 2011 is now available to view online.

Amount Due: $81.95

You have set up PayPal as your automatic payment method. Your invoice amount will be automatically deducted from your PayPal account between December 30, 2011 and January 1, 2012. The amount deducted may vary based on recent payments or credits.

To view your invoice:
1. Go to http://www.ebay.com and click "My eBay" at the top of most eBay pages. You will need to sign in.
2. Click the "Seller Account" link under the "Account" Tab at the top of the page.
3. Select the invoice you wish to view from the drop down menu located in the Invoices box on the right side of the page.

Remember: eBay will not ask you for sensitive personal information (such as your password, credit card and bank account numbers, Social Security number, etc.) in an email.

Thank you for using eBay.

Regards,
eBay

McCrillis
01-01-2012, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by SpasticR450
On my ebay I got this message what the hell is it saying?!

Your eBay invoice for the period from November 16, 2011 through December 15, 2011 is now available to view online.

Amount Due: $81.95

You have set up PayPal as your automatic payment method. Your invoice amount will be automatically deducted from your PayPal account between December 30, 2011 and January 1, 2012. The amount deducted may vary based on recent payments or credits.

To view your invoice:
1. Go to http://www.ebay.com and click "My eBay" at the top of most eBay pages. You will need to sign in.
2. Click the "Seller Account" link under the "Account" Tab at the top of the page.
3. Select the invoice you wish to view from the drop down menu located in the Invoices box on the right side of the page.

Remember: eBay will not ask you for sensitive personal information (such as your password, credit card and bank account numbers, Social Security number, etc.) in an email.

Thank you for using eBay.

Regards,
eBay

It means that eBay is charging you for something that you have sold within the past month, could be a sellers listing fee or total value fee. I basically make a living off eBay and thats what it looks like to me. Have you sold anything on there within the last month that was expensive??? The more expensive an item you sell the more money eBay takes in final value fees. Hope this helps.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
01-02-2012, 12:59 AM
Yep^ You owe fee's for selling something.

Thumpin440ex
01-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Yah you owe for something you sold or listed...

John

SpasticR450
01-04-2012, 11:39 PM
I sold A-arms for 900 2 months ago. So I need to pay $80 because that? Then why does it cost me money to post my add? And I only sold on ebay 2 times before this the last 2 things costed around 200 and 800 and them to things were years ago.

Thumpin440ex
01-04-2012, 11:43 PM
Ebays prices have went up.. Yes now they charge you for everything, hit your more for the final selling fee.. It is rite there in the agreement, also a letter was sent out when the prices went up..I even think they are hitting ya on your shipping price.. Sucks but thats the way it is, I have been selling alot less on there, also go around them if i have a potential buyer that emails me.. I will end the auction and do it.. Also paypal hits you.. So you get F^&KED all around..

John

SpasticR450
01-05-2012, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Thumpin440ex
Ebays prices have went up.. Yes now they charge you for everything, hit your more for the final selling fee.. It is rite there in the agreement, also a letter was sent out when the prices went up..I even think they are hitting ya on your shipping price.. Sucks but thats the way it is, I have been selling alot less on there, also go around them if i have a potential buyer that emails me.. I will end the auction and do it.. Also paypal hits you.. So you get F^&KED all around..

John

So including shipping to sell A-arms for $930 and buy a $280 fish tank in one year it costs me $82?

Thumpin440ex
01-05-2012, 12:09 AM
The 80 bucks is prob from the arms alone.. It does not cost you to buy.. Look in your ebay summery, in accounts then click fees.. It will show you rite there what you were charged for.. If you had a reserve it cost you if you had a buy it now it cost you more.. If you had more then 1 picture it cost you, if you had a diff border it cost you.. It is all in there..

John

Pappy
01-05-2012, 05:37 AM
So you are blaming Ebay because you were to "Slow" to read the seller fee's?

Want to by some beach front property?

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
01-05-2012, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
So you are blaming Ebay because you were to "Slow" to read the seller fee's?

Want to by some beach front property?

Just when I thought everyone forgot who they were talking to!

Honda5
01-05-2012, 06:01 AM
That's less then 10% Hell that's good. Go to a auction house that charges 25% seller and 10% buyer fee andonly have 50 people buying.

chucked
01-05-2012, 07:33 AM
Pappy already said it, but they do list the fees at the bottom of the page before you list it. Fees vary depending on starting price, buy it now price, reserve price, amount of pictures, etc. Its clear as day that they charge. It always has in parantheses how much each specific feature costs.

McCrillis
01-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by chucked
Pappy already said it, but they do list the fees at the bottom of the page before you list it. Fees vary depending on starting price, buy it now price, reserve price, amount of pictures, etc. Its clear as day that they charge. It always has in parantheses how much each specific feature costs.

True, but they don't tell you how much the final value fee is going to be. They just say that you will be charged a final value fee if and when your item sells. Makes sense that you sold something for 900 bucks, and then they charged you a final value fee of 80 bucks that's close to 10% do the math. As a matter of fact go to your account on eBay and check out your statements over the last month or two, it will tell you exactly what your being charged for and why.

dxcody
01-05-2012, 10:04 AM
Guess now we know how the joint owners of ebay turned over 22 billion $$ in 2007.

Just imagine if you would have sold something for like $10,000...

You would have really pooped when you saw a $1000 fee at the end of the year rather than an $80 fee..

SRH
01-05-2012, 12:10 PM
lol

smh

trailrider894
01-07-2012, 06:33 PM
Slow...................................... :devil:

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
01-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
Slow...................................... :devil:

Hi Slow 2.0. :D

trailrider894
01-07-2012, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
Hi Slow 2.0. :D

Hey now, are you referring to me???

McCrillis
01-07-2012, 09:41 PM
^^^ WTF??? Do You guys just insert random words in threads to get your post count up???

01boneless
01-07-2012, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by McCrillis
^^^ WTF??? Do You guys just insert random words in threads to get your post count up???

if you was not new and you new spastic you would understand :devil:

iwhip86
01-07-2012, 10:13 PM
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

tman12345
01-07-2012, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by McCrillis

"Slow" is a infamous user of exriders. He is also SpasticR450.

McCrillis
01-07-2012, 11:39 PM
Gotcha:huh