PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on white front and red rear plastic?

HAYESTRX250R
01-01-2012, 12:03 AM
I've been thinking about doing a dual color plastic look on this build. Anyone have pics or opinions on this? I'm not the most artistic dude out there but I figure that it could be pulled off with a nice custom graphics kit to tie it together. The frame is going to be candy blue with a jettrim seat cover. The tank and hood black, along with any plastic accessories like chain guides and nerf nets. Black engine cases, and the rest of aluminum bolt ons will be polished. A-arms and Swinger silver vein. What do you guys think?

89trx250r
01-01-2012, 12:50 AM
I have red oem fronts with white oem rears and i think it looks pretty cool im still looking for a good graphics kit to tie it all together

wilkin250r
01-01-2012, 05:02 PM
Sounds too "busy". Most of the coolest quads I've seen are rather simple color schemes with only two, maybe three main colors with tasteful and interesting accents.

I've only seen a small handful of quads that used lots of colors and still turned out well.

HAYESTRX250R
01-02-2012, 09:05 AM
We first had decided red front and rear although I prefer to use silver. You don't see many done with candy blue frame and red plastic, and it looks sort of boring to me. I think the best thing I could do at this point is to buy some of that old trace paper we using in primary shool and get out some crayons lol.