PDA

View Full Version : Should I Buy A Predator Or A Cannibal???

moto-x-rider-70
02-28-2003, 09:05 PM
SHOULD I BUY A PREDATOR OR A CANNIBAL AND WHY, THANKS SO MUCH GUYS.

TroyLeePred03
02-28-2003, 09:34 PM
not because i have one i say pred but because i really do like it better.....i rode a demo cannibal while waiting for my pred to come in....it was a nice machine but when i got the pred i just totaly loved it....its a bit heavier but faster and handles so much better....it all what u want....if its racing u want they both awsome quads and rath racing is making a 440 kit so it will be able to be run in the 250/440 classes being ama race legal...otherwise u run the open class which it will do very well in....handling i think i would get pred def...look at the price dif. too the predator is a better bang for the buck....i dont care wat neone says i love my polaris....loved my yamaha and loved all my other but pred is by far my top choice...so smooth and easy to ride....loves to get the back end loose but ridden on track your hooked its an awsome quad...plus cannondale is a little:confused: rite now so id go with a stable company....if they do end up closing for good your screwed...no quads, no factory, no parts, no tech help, see what i mean?....lata~TLP

QuadTrix6
03-01-2003, 03:42 PM
i do not have a predator nor did i ride one but i have heard that they are having a lot of problems with them

TroyLeePred03
03-01-2003, 08:32 PM
i own one and am a dealer and have no problems with out nor have i heard of any major problems...ive heard of minor loose bolts like on the front plastics and the recall on the front brakes because of a loose caliper bolt but nothing major....lata~TLP

rookiex
03-01-2003, 10:42 PM
I have ridden a decked out pred. there fast and nice and handle well. However they are heavy, it helps (sometimes) good luck gettin that front end off the ground when ya hitting SX whoops at kenworthys lol.

Get a dale. My dad has one. and its STOCK and it still jams.

I Have just bought the K&K gibson Dale. Have'nt ridden it... its not even here yet its being sent VIA tractor trailer to my door step. And its NICE!

My dads stock dale is faster than a pred?? and its a 440.
I dunno there just somthing about a dale

An don't worrie Cdale is coming back they are just switching owners.

It happens all the time just people never notice it.

Rip_Tear
03-01-2003, 11:59 PM
I would go with the Dale. I havent ridden either, but I just really like them. I would definately suggest test ridding both if possible :D

rob-u/21
03-02-2003, 01:20 AM
I own a pred and I really dont think there is any other production quad right now that will beat it. The cannibal is a real good bike for racing but in time factory parts will be hard to find.

raptor_02
03-02-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by rob-u/21
I own a pred and I really dont think there is any other production quad right now that will beat it. The cannibal is a real good bike for racing but in time factory parts will be hard to find. cdale is coming back. This shouldn't even be a question. Which do people like???? Predator=heavier, slower, worse transmission, less potential and reliability is unknown. CDALE=Faster, lighter, jumps better, goes through whoops better, better tranny, race proven, and has more than 60cc less and can still SPANK a predaturd. THis shouldn't even be a question on which is better. LMFAO good luck to you on your decision

rookiex
03-02-2003, 02:47 AM
well put raptor-02.

But give credit where it is due.. Polaris has risen to the accation.

But Cannondale will come back and people who miss out on cheap prices will be kicken themselfs.....I am tellin ya I am tellin ya...Get one whilst there cheap

4punksdad
03-03-2003, 07:46 PM
:)

RuffRyder400ex
03-03-2003, 09:54 PM
Cannondale I wouldnt want a wouldnt want a sport quad from a company who has never made one.

Pro400EXC
03-03-2003, 10:52 PM
Speaking of Pred's...man ever single one of em I saw at the GNCC had either a ripped off fender,or the front fender's mounts broke or whatever,it looked so funny,but i am not bad talkin them,it can happen to any quad,and it did to others too...

DaveEX7
03-07-2003, 05:27 PM
Go C-Dale....... I personally think that Polaris never did have a good quad making industry.

ex kid
03-07-2003, 09:31 PM
i havn't ridden either, but if you dont care that cannondale is up for sale get the dale. my dad's buddy rode one and said it like an R just not as fast. i would get the dale, look at guys like tyson tomas and ben jackson kickin a*s on stock ones.

MxDale71
03-08-2003, 06:31 PM
I think you should buy a C-dale. Infact, I know of one that is for sale for $4500 and it runs extremely well, has never had a single problem, and has the engine and tranny oil changed every 3rd ride. It has Ohlins shocks, EC 1000 computer, AC Nerfs, Turf Tamers, Douglas rear wheels, and Carbon Fiber headlight delete covers.

You can check out pics at http://photos.yahoo.com/douwe71

If you haven't guessed, it's MY C-dale that's for sale. :) I'm selling because I"m switching to bikes and I have to sell it before I can buy a YZ 250F.

YamaWarr0121
03-08-2003, 08:11 PM
definately get a bull..this is my new one

raptor_02
03-10-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by YamaWarr0121
definately get a bull..this is my new one how do u like the DALE lemons????? I'm sure you love it. Not being nosy or anything but how much did you give for it????

zroost
03-10-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by rob-u/21
I own a pred and I really dont think there is any other production quad right now that will beat it. The cannibal is a real good bike for racing but in time factory parts will be hard to find. Dont worry about parts to find..In fact I bet alot of aftermarket companies will jump at the opportunity to sell parts for the cann.......

zroost
03-10-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by YamaWarr0121
definately get a bull..this is my new one Nice ride.
A little jealous over here.......

03-10-2003, 08:31 PM
Hey i was just wondering "say" cannondale does go out forever which it wont anyways .... Cant you still buy aftermarket stuff for a dale?

400exdad
03-11-2003, 06:32 AM
Personally, I have never liked the engineering of a Polaris. Just my opinion. A friend of mine sat on one and it felt just too wierd. He didn't even want to ride it. The Cannondale is probably the best quad going right now. However, with the sale of that side of the company, it would be interesting to see what happens in the following months. While the C-dale is technologically advanced, it "seems" to have motor problems. When I say "seems", I mean, I have heard that while in warranty, the shops don't even try to repair the problems. They just swap motors. With that being said and with that being understood as second hand knowledge, what will the purchaser do to correct this problem? Will they replace the motor and not support the existing product? Just my 2 cents and it is a tough decision. If I were dead set on the Polaris, I would wait and see what the reliability of the quad is before I layed out my cash. You don't want to be an owner of a "2001 Raptor" by Polaris. :)

4punksdad
03-11-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by raptor_02
how do u like the DALE lemons????? I'm sure you love it. Not being nosy or anything but how much did you give for it????

jealous?

raptor_02
03-11-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by 4punksdad
jealous? VERY!

MxDale71
03-11-2003, 11:48 PM
Raptor_02 - I really hate to see you like this. I mean, a man like you shouldn't have to feel jealous. Thats why I have the perfect solution, and I think you know what I"m talking about.

;) 02 Cannibal for sale for $4500 :D The answer to all your problems :).

stevengates45
03-12-2003, 04:25 PM
I say predator without a doubt. They are the fastest bone stock quad out there without a doubt & if something were to tear up the bike will be under warranty. Like I said in my last thread about a predator, I beat a banshee that runs 4.8 seconds in 300ft on a bone stock predator except for tires & a longer swing arm. Thats pure power!!

danyeo
03-13-2003, 09:02 AM
A Cannibal and a Predator should be close but a Speed should be able to take Predator.

wyndzer
03-13-2003, 10:17 AM
I would get the Cannibal due to fact that it uses Titanium muffler bearings and the predator uses some new alloy for the muffler bearings. The cannibal also comes with a kevlar adjustable powerband, unlike the predators teflon coated powerband. I hear there are going to be changes to the tire pressure on both of them though.:huh

MxDale71
03-13-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by wyndzer
I would get the Cannibal due to fact that it uses Titanium muffler bearings and the predator uses some new alloy for the muffler bearings. The cannibal also comes with a kevlar adjustable powerband, unlike the predators teflon coated powerband. I hear there are going to be changes to the tire pressure on both of them though.:huh

LOL

4punksdad
03-13-2003, 03:45 PM
dont forget that the predator looks like an insect and the cannibal looks like a frog. and we ALL know what frogs eat. :D

Guy400
03-13-2003, 04:16 PM
dont forget that the predator looks like an insect and the cannibal looks like a frog. and we ALL know what frogs eat. :D lmfao :uhoh: :D

YamaWarr0121
03-13-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by raptor_02
how do u like the DALE lemons????? I'm sure you love it. Not being nosy or anything but how much did you give for it????

I LOOVE IT!! its soo nice u wouldnt understand..haha im doin the changes right now and its not too hard at all..i definately say get a cannibal or cannondale for that matter no matter what!

LapTraffic
04-04-2003, 09:01 PM
I own a dale, I just cant describe how awesome it is.

I rode the Predator the other day and will be picking it up for my Wife who is in love with it. It's fast but I dont think it would hang with my C-Dale. Be tough to call.

I was extrememly impressed with the predator, it looks to be a great bike.

QuadJunkies
04-05-2003, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by LapTraffic
I own a dale, I just cant describe how awesome it is.

I rode the Predator the other day and will be picking it up for my Wife who is in love with it. It's fast but I dont think it would hang with my C-Dale. Be tough to call.

I was extrememly impressed with the predator, it looks to be a great bike. So.. You ended up getting it for her ??? VERY COOL!!!! Let me know how she likes it!!...(I remember you tellin me about it at the predator forum)...I think the Dale is gonna beat it for sure, I think once it has a pipe its gonna help ALOT on getting rid of tha sluggish start . Some one done a drag test,wasnt it atvconnection or something?? Seems it was almost a tie for that test run... But IMO a dale will still take it

LapTraffic
04-05-2003, 08:15 AM
not yet, but soon, very soon. I work in California, but live in Washington. This weekend is a working weekend so Im not going to be home. Makes it tough to wheel and deal on a bike, but the dealer I work with is aware of that and doesnt mind working over the phone. I'll be calling in a little bit to see what we can do.

The predator I think has a ton of potential. Looks like a lot of improvement can be made to the air delivery to get some more horses out of it.

Either way it's a completely capable bike and I am extremely impressed with it. Overall it's a great package

stroked300ex
04-07-2003, 05:33 AM
ok check this out.. a couple of guys that i ride with have a cannondale and a predator. When the cannondale idles, it sounds like every single bolt is coming lose on it. On a predator, everytime we ride through the trails, the predator has to stop or it stalls for some reason?.. but anyways speed wize, the two guys raced on our drag strip and the cannondale left the predator no questions asked.. but the good thing is that both of the quads keep up with the yamaha banshee. IF U REALLY WANT ONE.. GET A CANNONDALE.. it handles great, and it revvs out fairly well.. its good enough to keep the adrenalin rush at top level :devil

LapTraffic
04-07-2003, 05:57 AM
That 'Bucket-o-Bolts"(tm) noise was patented by Cannondale, that's why no other bike make that noise.

I hear it has to do with the gearing or timing chain or something. It goes away when you hit the throttle.

I imagine once the guy on the predator gets comfortable with the shifting the margin will be a lot closer.

The predator shouldnt be stalling at idle either, makes me wonder if there isnt something not set up just right with the bike.

QuadJunkies
04-07-2003, 06:07 AM
That 'Bucket-o-Bolts"(tm) noise was patented by Cannondale, that's why no other bike make that noise.

I hear it has to do with the gearing or timing chain or something. It goes away when you hit the throttle.

I imagine once the guy on the predator gets comfortable with the shifting the margin will be a lot closer.

The predator shouldnt be stalling at idle either, makes me wonder if there isnt something not set up just right with the bike. my exact thoughts;)

moto-x-rider-70
04-07-2003, 07:24 AM
what happened to the original ?. GO to another post to talk about this craap

QuadJunkies
04-07-2003, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by moto-x-rider-70
what happened to the original ?. GO to another post to talk about this craap Im not a BROS!:grr (im a girl) you wanted opinons on what we thoht for you to buy, well I think we allhave said what we thought right??????:huh PREDATOR but only YOU can decide what you think is best for YOUR riding needs...;)

LapTraffic
04-07-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by moto-x-rider-70
what happened to the original ?. GO to another post to talk about this craap

Get bent you little Moderator wanna be. Read the title to this thread then read our conversation agian.

DaveEX7
04-07-2003, 07:50 AM
Get bent you little Moderator wanna be. Read the title to this thread then read our conversation agian.

Rookies:rolleyes: ......

LapTraffic
04-07-2003, 11:29 AM
:)

4punksdad
04-07-2003, 02:45 PM

nacs400ex
04-07-2003, 03:21 PM
I would say a dale because the polaris is having a lot of problems. The guy who I bought my 400ex off of, almost didnt want to give the 400ex up because the tranny screwed up on it. He also said the only reason why he is keeping it is because its got the power of the ex. He said with the Elka suspension the ex handles better, so I know that a dale is better then a ex so I would say go for the dale.

Paul400ex2002
04-07-2003, 03:43 PM
speaking of cannibals... what would one expect to pay for one right now?

batgeek
04-07-2003, 05:03 PM
:D
nice prices!! (http://www.worldofpowersports.com/cannondale/)

QuadJunkies
04-07-2003, 06:59 PM
............ WOW... What beautiful eyes you have!!! LMAO...:p :D

LapTraffic
04-07-2003, 09:37 PM
That's a heck of a lot of bike for 5 grand.

4punksdad
04-08-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Paul400ex2002
speaking of cannibals... what would one expect to pay for one right now?

around 5000 + or -

DaveEX7
04-11-2003, 10:53 AM
around 5000 + or -

WOW up here they are 7!

4punksdad
04-11-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by SpeedDemin85
WOW up here they are 7!

alaska jim just got a new cannibal for under 5000.

anywhereEx
04-12-2003, 03:50 AM
It all depends on where you look:D If you really want one make the 15 or so phone calls and you will walk up on a great deal.... and no world of powersports does not have annymore...I tried them a while back and called a few times sence...Best bet is to find someone that is scared of it or afraid to work on one and you can pick them up for real cheap. I picked a 02 Speed with 8 hrs on it with some mods done at the dealer for under $5k and am now looking for another with less hours for $4k......:devious: