PDA

View Full Version : R not getting a spark

sly400ex
02-28-2003, 08:53 PM
I've got an 87 R I bought with the intentions of making it a little more fun.;) It started fine and ran fine before I started my rebuild. Well, I've got everything back together and I am not getting any sparkl! Does the housing for the lightd/kill switch have to be attached to the bars for a proper ground or something? Also when I bougt it, the on/off kill switch never worked. It's broken, so.... Do the lights have to be hooked back up?? Also, there is a heat sink looking part up in the front that has to do with the electrical system that I cannot figure out where it goes. I will attach a few pics in a minute. Does it have to be grounded? Thanks in advance guys!;)

sly400ex
02-28-2003, 09:04 PM
heatsink, where do I hang it at? Does it have to be grounded??

300exazzkikr
02-28-2003, 11:12 PM
That heat sink goes on the snorkel tube there should be piece of metal that hangs off that it clips on. It's not really a heat sink either, it's actually a regulator for your lights so you don't blow the bulbs.

300exazzkikr
02-28-2003, 11:13 PM
I forgot that all your switches have to be grounded or else you won't get any spark, after i rebuilt mine i dind't have any spark because the kill switch went bad and had to be replaced.

sly400ex
02-28-2003, 11:20 PM
Thanks!

sly400ex
03-01-2003, 05:50 AM
bump;

airheadedduner
03-02-2003, 01:08 AM
Grounding the system kills it. The ground is a heavy green wire with an eye. Mine was attached to where the snorkel bolts to the frame under the gas tank. I have broke my kill switch before, disconect it(or take it apart). If it runs then that is the problem. Check all your connections, make sure they snapped in.