PDA

View Full Version : GNCC/XC/Harescrambles

HondaRacing83
12-30-2011, 02:07 PM
Hey guys, as alot of you know im prepping my bike for xc. I'm 14, and will be 14 for quite some time more. I've got a 400ex. I don't really think there is any classes I can run, because I'm only 14 and on a 400. I'm new to the racing scene. I plan on going and watching the powerline park gncc in october. Where can I found local races and harescrambles though? I've rode woods all my life, and love it and would like to start racing. Is there any possible class I could race in? Some places have there own little mini series, does NW PA? Thanks for the help guys

fastredrider44
12-30-2011, 02:21 PM
14 with a 400 puts you in a bad spot. The 400 class is 15+. Some local series may fit you in, but most of the C classes are 16+.

HondaRacing83
12-30-2011, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
14 with a 400 puts you in a bad spot. The 400 class is 15+. Some local series may fit you in, but most of the C classes are 16+. So I could run next year? I can wait a year I guess and just get more practice. What about Sportsman A and B? Can I run those? I don't see an age or motor restriction for that.

finsteratv
12-30-2011, 02:45 PM
i'd like to know the same thing for 15 on a 450.

fultz416ex
12-30-2011, 02:46 PM
Pretty sure you have to be 16+ to run sportsman A or B. Being that you have never raced before i would say dont run in the sportsman classes. Those guys are fast. That class is for A and B riders who dont want to run in the afternoon race and dont care about points. I run sportsman B and I have been racing for some time now. They are fast up there. I would wait a year and practice then run the 15+ class. Good Luck.

HondaRacing83
12-30-2011, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by fultz416ex
Pretty sure you have to be 16+ to run sportsman A or B. Being that you have never raced before i would say dont run in the sportsman classes. Those guys are fast. That class is for A and B riders who dont want to run in the afternoon race and dont care about points. I run sportsman B and I have been racing for some time now. They are fast up there. I would wait a year and practice then run the 15+ class. Good Luck. well if i cant run anything this year thats probably what im gonna do. weve got alot of property behind our house that we own, scattered with trails, so theres my practice track

Scro
12-30-2011, 02:57 PM
Move up slow. Start out in beginner, and work your way up. The quickest to get burnt out on racing is to jump up in class too fast. The most fun you will ever have racing is in the beginner/C class.

I know of some people that were able to sign up at very small, non-sanctioned races under the age of 16. The promotor weren't really enforcing the age rules, but the sign up sheet clearly said 16+. I'm not saying it's right, but it's been done before. That won't fly at a GNCC, though.

HondaRacing83
12-30-2011, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Scro
Move up slow. Start out in beginner, and work your way up. The quickest to get burnt out on racing is to jump up in class too fast. The most fun you will ever have racing is in the beginner/C class.

I know of some people that were able to sign up at very small, non-sanctioned races under the age of 16. The promotor weren't really enforcing the age rules, but the sign up sheet clearly said 16+. I'm not saying it's right, but it's been done before. I just don't know where to even find local races. The closest thing i have to a local race is me and my buddies messing around back in the woods.

Scro
12-30-2011, 03:05 PM
Check around at your local dealerships. They may be able to help you find one.

HondaRacing83
12-30-2011, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Scro
Check around at your local dealerships. They may be able to help you find one. My local dealership is a straight up ***. Its a huge place, they wouldnt help me do anything. Theres a couple quad and bike shops close to me that would help me

jkosakowski
12-30-2011, 05:57 PM
theres 2 series in ny state harescramblechampionship and wnyoa i was in the same boat as you and it was my first year and they put me in college b class and it was fast but ended 1st overall in points for the one series and 6th in the other series. It was a good experience because now im alot faster.

Rich250RRacer
12-31-2011, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
My local dealership is a straight up ***. Its a huge place, they wouldnt help me do anything. Theres a couple quad and bike shops close to me that would help me

You need to do a little more research, better yet, I'll steer you in right direction. You live in one of the best places to find races. The CRA (Competition Riders of America) is one of the best local series in the country. We have a harescramble series, MX series, and flat track series, and is probably the only series in the country that offers races EVERY weekend from the first of March to the first weekend of December, and also an indoor MX series that starts in mid-January. In fact you can find Saturday and Sunday harescrambes on some weekends, and if you want to race MX most weekends have races Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The tracks are located mainly in northeast Ohio and a few in western Pa. The year-end banquet is coming up on January 14th, and the 2012 schedules will be released then. You can visit the website, www.racecra.org

HondaRacing83
12-31-2011, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
You need to do a little more research, better yet, I'll steer you in right direction. You live in one of the best places to find races. The CRA (Competition Riders of America) is one of the best local series in the country. We have a harescramble series, MX series, and flat track series, and is probably the only series in the country that offers races EVERY weekend from the first of March to the first weekend of December, and also an indoor MX series that starts in mid-January. In fact you can find Saturday and Sunday harescrambes on some weekends, and if you want to race MX most weekends have races Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The tracks are located mainly in northeast Ohio and a few in western Pa. The year-end banquet is coming up on January 14th, and the 2012 schedules will be released then. You can visit the website, www.racecra.org Wow, Thanks a lot!

beastlywarrior
12-31-2011, 11:14 AM
Yep cra woodsman is your class

HondaRacing83
12-31-2011, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by beastlywarrior
Yep cra woodsman is your class you have to be 18 or older. open quad or 4 stroke quad is my class, i dont see an age limit on that

Robin Hood
12-31-2011, 02:41 PM
If your parents sign the waiver, just sign up as a 16 year old.. I see it done all the time.

ZBlaster
12-31-2011, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
If your parents sign the waiver, just sign up as a 16 year old.. I see it done all the time.

QFT. Steve is really 13 years old.

Rich250RRacer
01-01-2012, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
you have to be 18 or older. open quad or 4 stroke quad is my class, i dont see an age limit on that

CRA Woodsman starts at 16, Jr. Woodsman is for 13-15. I know of someone under 16 who has raced in the regular Woodsman class though.

beastlywarrior
01-01-2012, 07:57 AM
Jr woodsman is only up to 300cc though
But some kids i knew were racing 450s at 14 in woodsman mx

Robin Hood
01-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by ZBlaster
QFT. Steve is really 13 years old.

I just look 22. :blah:

Jake250ex
01-02-2012, 07:32 PM
kinda off topic here but when I first started racing I found that I used more energy and wore myself out more going slower. I was overwhelmed by the idea of going for 2 hours so I paced myself to the point of riding slow enough to feel every bump on the track.

then one day i got stuck real bad, and was stuck there for a long time. I got my quad out and was thinking oh well what have I got to lose now and tried to lay down as fast as a lap as I could and noticed I felt alot better at that pace. your suspension is absorbing things alot better when your hitting obstacles with a little force as opposed to just rolling over them then its you that absorbs everything

ZBlaster
01-02-2012, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
I just look 22. :blah:

I'm 22 and I like 30. :confused: