PDA

View Full Version : Get Kids to Ride!

Drfat400ex
12-29-2011, 04:33 PM
My little brother is 10, been driving on and off for a few years, my dad bought him a four wheeler, and I even bought the kid a mini bike and let him use my go kart, but he wont even come out and ride for like 5 minutes! I`ve tried everything, I just can`t get him out there, and I`m getting fed up with it. Does anybody have any ideas on how to get him out there

01boneless
12-29-2011, 04:36 PM
chances are it just isent his thing :( or is he afraid of crashing??

Drfat400ex
12-29-2011, 04:45 PM
Idk what his problem is. If I ever do get him out there he has a friggin blast! But then the next day he says he hates it. And if I say I'm selling his mini bike then he complains so my dad says that I'm not to sell it.

OldGuyonaQuad
12-29-2011, 05:34 PM
Invite one of his friends to go with you, most kids are natural born show offs at that age.

bad450r08
12-29-2011, 09:47 PM
Goodluck my brothers do nothing but sit inside and play xbox. One just got a mini rzr and the other has a blaster

HondaRacing83
12-29-2011, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by bad450r08
Goodluck my brothers do nothing but sit inside and play xbox. One just got a mini rzr and the other has a blaster i dont know how kids do that. i cant stand it. i dont even want a ps3 or xbox. im still rockin a ps2 that i play like 10 times a year lmao. id rather be outside doing something

finsteratv
12-29-2011, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by bad450r08
Goodluck my brothers do nothing but sit inside and play xbox. One just got a mini rzr and the other has a blaster
Same with my little brother. 2005 400ex with some bolt on's i did he's 13. Pretty much all he does is video/computer games. unless i take one of his friends along too he doesnt really wanna ride. Funny thing is that he actually rips pretty well and when he rides he's decent.

Drfat400ex
12-30-2011, 10:18 AM
My brother doesn't even play video games, he just sits in his room all day and plays lego. Man at that age my dad got my an lt125 I would have been in my glory if I could have had that, a minibike and a go-kart!

HondaRacing83
12-30-2011, 10:30 AM
geez i think i had my 250ex at 10. or my bayou i dont remember. i know i was on atvriders at 11! i loved my 250ex and bayou, greatest things in the world to me

trailrider894
12-30-2011, 02:36 PM
When i was 13, rain, shine, snow, ice, mud, hail, raining rocks, i would be outside riding... ha ha BUT, my little bro, just sits around and toys with airsoft guns and video games. He likes his KX85 i scored for him last summer, but he never rides it, i rebuilt it, got the suspension worked, and got some sick Monster graphics and gear for him, i probably put 1200 into the thing, its now sitting behind the Camaro in the shed with an inch of dust on it... I'm asking 1600 if anybody wants it??? ha ha

HondaRacing83
12-30-2011, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
When i was 13, rain, shine, snow, ice, mud, hail, raining rocks, i would be outside riding... X2. but im only child hahaha. but alot of my buddies do the same. ill go over to hang out and theyll wanna play black ops or mw3 and ill get bored within like a half hour and be like **** this lets go outside and do something.

slightlybent47
12-30-2011, 04:22 PM
Reverse psychology, don’t invite him anymore and don’t talk about it. Don’t push the idea and let him do what he wants. He may or may not start ridding but you can’t force someone into liking something. I have tried to get my brother to do things for the past 50 years and he never wants to. His thing is just not my thing and vice versa.
If he ask to go, then make room for him and just let him tag along. If he does ride with you don’t run off and leave him in the dust. Stay with him and just ride at his pace so he doesn’t feel like he’s holding you up or being left behind.
When he is with you make it fun for him.

CJM
12-30-2011, 06:31 PM
My brothers the same way. There are 2 kinds of people in this world: Those who ride and those who dont. Either you ride or you dont, some just arent as die hard as others. I been trying for months to get a friend of mine to go and he (albeit he has a kid) always says no...oh well his loss. My brother-forget about it,his think is to be stupid and go party and get drunk-so be it. he wont go riding.

BoneStockHonda
12-31-2011, 04:45 PM
He'll change. My brother was the same way. I got my first quad when I was 3 and I've loved it ever since. Rode the hell out of it and then started riding my dad's old 86 200sx then finally bought my 400ex in 07. I rode every chance I got and my brother just wasn't that into riding then he started to and bought his own quad now all he does is ride and watch riding vids when he can't. Just give it time.

wilkin250r
12-31-2011, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Drfat400ex
My brother doesn't even play video games, he just sits in his room all day and plays lego.
He doesn't go out and ride with you for the exact same reason that you don't sit inside all day with him and play Legos. When you DO play legos, you have fun, right? But you don't want to do it all the time because it's just not your thing.

It's a lost cause already. You're never going to be able to force it.

jettquad17
01-01-2012, 01:22 PM
UNPLUG whatever electronics keep him inside. Problem is we LET our kids today stay inside. My stepfather didn't let me in till dark. At the time I cussed him, now I praise him for that. He is the kid!!! MAKE him be active. Quad, dirt bike or baseball who cares? Outside is where life is at its best.

Tommy Warren
01-01-2012, 01:27 PM
duct tape his feet to the foot pegs and tape the throttle open....he'll get used to it

jettquad17
01-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Tommy...i like your train of thought.

powerbomb400
01-01-2012, 04:10 PM
My son is the same. But if you try to force him most likely he will never get out and ride. My wife and I ride all the time and at first I would ask him to go. If I made him he would make the ride a pain. Someday in the future I'm hoping he will get the idea and get out and ride. So now I don't even ask to go. I believe he will get into it in the future.

250rsforlife
01-01-2012, 05:09 PM
i know im not that old but its todays time they have electronics to play with an thats what they like to do thats all my bro does at age 11 hes better than me at xbox hahaha

jettquad17
01-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Try taping a Xbox control to the handlebars

finsteratv
01-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by jettquad17
Try taping a Xbox control to the handlebars and a twinky with mountain dew. Dont get me wrong, i like junk food too but it'd be another insentive for them. haha