PDA

View Full Version : R&D POWER BOWL for fcr carb ??

Cturner03
12-29-2011, 02:23 PM
i was looking around on the internet and read a little about a r and d power bowl for fcr carb, i am running a fcr 40mm what does the bowl going to do? is it worth 250?

mx Eli
12-29-2011, 02:47 PM
search function will provide all awnsers

Cturner03
12-29-2011, 02:54 PM
thanks, i was looking at your signature and seen where you have a carb bored to 41.5. how do you like it? and who did the work for you?

mx Eli
12-29-2011, 08:17 PM
i bought mine bored (by janssen motorsports) but i have compared it to a stock carb, bottom end seems the same but it makes more power mid-top end.

If i was going to have someone do it i would have rage bore it to 43.5,

as for the powerbowl, i have yet to notice a terrible bog with stock but the powerbowl eliminates any bog that is there, is it worth 300 bux (i think thts how much it is) thats up to you

Cturner03
12-29-2011, 08:21 PM
thanks

mx Eli
12-29-2011, 08:23 PM
if your racing A nationals or pro am i could see buying it but I know A guys who dont have it too

eastside 400
12-29-2011, 08:58 PM
a properly setup carb will be fine without the powerbowl... 250f bikes have more of a demand for the power bowl, i think because they dont pull as much air in but im not sure. Jet your jetting right and Oring or wire your accel pump and you wont have any bog at all

OutlawBill
12-30-2011, 06:43 AM
I like mine because of the ease of adjustment In SOCAL I ride from sea-level to 5000 feet and the weather can be cold and damp in the AM and hot and dry by noon With the R&D power bowl it just take a second to get a smoth running engine.

Dave400ex
12-30-2011, 11:28 AM
I had one and took it off before I even rode it! We had better luck getting it dialed with the stock stuff, including the stock air/fuel mixture screw. A bunch of little stuff that's just not needed and adds up quick...

DnB_racing
12-30-2011, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by OutlawBill
I like mine because of the ease of adjustment In SOCAL I ride from sea-level to 5000 feet and the weather can be cold and damp in the AM and hot and dry by noon With the R&D power bowl it just take a second to get a smoth running engine. I dont have one ,and maybe i dont understand their entire function but .... arnt they just an adjustable leak jet?

and once tuned with the right size leak and acc pump mod, whats the difference besides a couple hundred dollars, spend 5 bucks on the 35 or what ever size leak jet compared to the power bowl price??

how would this affect the jetting for elevation and temp changes???

eastside 400
01-01-2012, 12:47 PM
yea the adjustable leak jet is really only a first time setup feature, once you find the right leak jet you shouldnt really have to change it. temp doesnt usually effect the leak jet much. They claim that the redesigned accel. pump keeps air from being mixed in with the system.