PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Junk OEM Stator

mx91a
12-29-2011, 12:02 PM
I'm looking for a non working stator in good physical condition if anyone has one laying around they wouldn't mind parting with. I prefer it has little to no rust and physical damage is allowable only on the wiring.

I'm thinking about rewinding all 8 poles for powering a CR CDI/coil on my XC racer build. Now that should make some spark that jumps a sizable plug gap on a high compression engine....

bholzgen
12-29-2011, 05:17 PM
I have one, as far as I know it does not work at all. Good shape though. PM me if interested

Skyman
01-11-2012, 10:34 AM
Still need one?

C-LEIGH RACING
01-11-2012, 02:45 PM
I wish ol Teamgeeks6 was still around, now he was the guru on the ol stock TRX ignition.
I remember he re-wired one would jump a 10" spark, might even been wider than that.
His fix to the ol TRX ignition, re- wire the stator with a different size wire, then soilder it all together, NO connectors in the system for any chance of a bad connection, but get a new CDI box, because an old one has been pulled apart & put back together to many times & then soilder the wire harness to it.
Neil

mx91a
01-11-2012, 03:30 PM
I have one coming from Blake already but couldn't hurt to have another. PM me with what you have.

Yeah Neil I read a lot of his posts over on 3WW he sure knew his stuff about ignitions!