PDA

View Full Version : LT80 Wont Start

dmnewland
12-28-2011, 04:15 PM
My sons LT80 set for several weeks and now will not start. I checked for spark and it was fine. I took the carb off and cleaned it. While it was off I took the reed cage out and cranked the engine. The engine would crank and crank and then backfire and blow fire out the intake (where the carb and reed cage should be). The exhaust pipe was also getting warm. it would then crank a little more and backfire again. I did this until I couldnt get it to backfire anymore and then put everything back together. Now it still will not do anything. Could it still be flooded? I havent checked the compression yet but plan to as soon as I get a gauge. Any ideas out there. Thanks

fearlessfred
12-28-2011, 09:13 PM
the petcock/fuelpump goes bad often on these bikes and when they do, the crankcase can get filled with fuel just sitting .the gas goes thru the diafram in the fuel pump right into the vaccum hose that goes to the carb and then into the crancase. when this happens sometimes they wont even turn over because the piston becomes hydrolocked . i would pull the sparkplug and crank it over and see if raw fuel spits out

LT80
12-29-2011, 07:27 AM
Maybe a plugged pipe also..