PDA

View Full Version : Esr 350 Vs Polanda

FL-R
12-26-2011, 08:57 PM
My motor builder has a few options for me to go, right now I have a 89 rod, 86 piston, 69mm bore, great mx port job, 38 a/s Carb. It pulls hard but I'm wanting more power. I race harescrambles mainly but also ride mx and freeride slot. HE said he can build a stock bore polanda motor to run on pump gas and push around 75how with his port work and setup, I've seen some of his polanda motors and they RUN, but $$. He also has a 330 ESR kit with a+ 5mm crank he could build me. I've had a bad experience with the new 310 esr motor freezing up the piston on the exh side so I'm kinda on the fence on which route to go. BTW he wants 300$ for the ESR setup but needs a new piston and sleeve. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

C-LEIGH RACING
12-29-2011, 04:28 PM
That Polanda will have the HP, but you'll pay for it in all the work will need to be done.

The ESR, is it the new cast cylinder or one of the old Pro-x castings.
If the casting is either one those, unless you find someone to give you a fantastic cheap deal on re-sleeving, you'll spend around $450.00 to get the sleeve replaced & the cylinder ready to bolt on. That price wont include any extra porting work should any need be done.
Neil

FL-R
12-29-2011, 05:02 PM
It's one of the older pro x cylinders, he wants 300$ for the cylinder and+ 5mm crank

C-LEIGH RACING
12-29-2011, 05:56 PM
Thats not a bad price for both, but with the condition the cylinder is in, unusable like it is your only getting a + 5 crank.

Did he say how many hours was on the crank, who stroked it,what company.
Neil

FL-R
12-30-2011, 05:29 AM
He said it has low hours,and it's a ESR crank.

woodsracer144
01-15-2012, 09:54 AM
I'd just go to LED or some one and buy a new cyl and crank... thats a little high...

I got a Sparks 330 cyl and I paid 250 for it... needless to say by the time I'm done getting all the re work done on re sleeve job im going to be over what a new cylinder cost.