PDA

View Full Version : 2003 TQRA Racing Schedule

Razorback
02-28-2003, 02:07 PM
Here is the 2003 schedule for the TQRA (Texoma Quad Racing Association). We get riders from Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Kansas. Very competitive and fun racing. Check out the TQRA Web Site (http://www.tqra.com) for more info.

Round...Date.......Track.........................L ocation
..1.....March 9....Badlands MX Park..............Celeste, TX
..2.....April 6....Caddo Point Motorsports Park..Cash, TX
..3.....May 10.....Village Creek MX Park.........Fort Worth, TX
..4.....June 15....Woodland Hills Off Road Park..Anadarko, OK
..5.....June 29....Nocona MX Park................Nocona, TX
..6.....August 9...Badlands MX Park..............Celeste, TX
Bonus...August 23..Bullet Speedway TT Race.......Brashear, TX
..7.....Sept. 7....Nocona MX Park................Nocona, TX
..8.....Sept. 27...Four States MX Park...........Hooks, TX (Texarkana)
..9.....Oct. 5.....Field of Dreams...............Okmulgee, OK

MxDale71
02-28-2003, 04:30 PM
Do you know what that track in Oklahoma is like? You gonna be at Village this weekend? I hope it doesn't rain on Sunday... it sure would suck to drive all the way over there on Saturday and end up having the race cancelled :(.

Razorback
03-01-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by MxDale71
Do you know what that track in Oklahoma is like? You gonna be at Village this weekend? I hope it doesn't rain on Sunday... it sure would suck to drive all the way over there on Saturday and end up having the race cancelled :(.

Call before you haul ;)

If they have the race tomorrow night at Badlands, I'll be there, otherwise I'll probably come to the Village Creek race, although I'm not too excited about getting another membership. Oh well, at least it goes to the ATVA and that's a good thing, and I want to race part of the TLSS this year. I don't know, I may just wait until Sunday to race period, I haven't made up my mind yet.

MxDale71
03-01-2003, 01:35 AM
The way I look at it, if you plan on racing one of the Nationals you might as well get the ATVA membership and race some of the TLSS races so that you get more out of the membership than just one race.

Razorback
03-01-2003, 01:39 AM
The way I look at it, if you plan on racing one of the Nationals you might as well get the ATVA membership and race some of the TLSS races so that you get more out of the membership than just one race.

Heck, I didn't even think about that. I'm probably going to race 2 nationals, 1 MX and 1 TT, so I'd have to have it anyway. Thanks for the idea. I still may see you Sunday. I'm going to wait and see what the weather is going to be like tomorrow and decide which race I'm going to. I don't want to do both. I like Village Creek a lot better, so I may just go down there.

QuadR8cer12
03-01-2003, 01:43 AM
I wish my quad was here so I can race:( I want to ride sooooooo bad!!!! It is ready except we are waiting on fenders seat hood and seat cover:devil Its going to be sweeeeeet!! I wll get pics of it when uts here!!! You guys better watch out!!! Its going to be Crazy fast!! Hopefully I will be too!;)

MxDale71
03-01-2003, 02:43 AM
Scott - what class are you planning on racing if you go to the TLSS race? I'm gonna race Intermediate... I'm a little nervous about it but I'll see how I do. The TQRA Novice class is faster than most regular race Novice classes and I'm one of the top 5 in the TQRA Novice, so hopefully I won't get blown away to much in the Intermediate class. Ofcourse I also seem to be a LOT slower at Village. I'm gonna go practice at Village tomorrow, so HOPEFULLY I'll do ok.

Austin - Can't wait to see your Ex man... sounds like it's gonna be badass.

QuadR8cer12
03-01-2003, 02:47 AM
your gona ride in the Inttermidiate class!:rolleyes: Good luck with that one....:blah :macho You should ride novice.......since they are using ama/atva cards they are expecting good people to be there I am guessing.........prolly alot of the Intt regulars from the TQRA... One will be me when I get the EX back:devil

MxDale71
03-01-2003, 02:58 AM
D@mnit Austin, I spent all last night arguing with myself about which class to race and then there you go and crap on my whole arguement with one sentence. LOL :D I guess you're right, I should race novice. Last year when I moved up to Intermediate, I found out it was a big mistake cause I got my @ss handed to me and ended up trying to ride to hard just to keep up, and here I go almost making the same mistake.

LOL, Thanks dude, I owe you one :). I'm sticking with Novice.

Later!

QuadR8cer12
03-01-2003, 03:03 AM
LOL good choice;) I didnt want to have to land on you when I lap you!:blah :devil :macho

beyer05
03-03-2003, 04:01 PM
So who is going to the race at Badlands this weekend? MrP, are you going? I hope to be down saturday night.

Razorback
03-03-2003, 04:05 PM
I'll be there. Hopefully, everything will dry up a little this week. It's been one wet sucka down here lately.

Chris - what's that Field of Dreams track like?

zerorider
03-03-2003, 04:24 PM
Doublezero and I will be there, are any of you going to try and make it out for the quads only practice Thursday, 6-9pm? We are going to try and make it, see what kind of changes Rus has done to the track.

krazykurtk
03-03-2003, 04:31 PM
I fly back to TX this Saturday and hope to be at Badlands Sunday...there's a chain in my suitcase, I think you guys know why already! And some other goodies... new Razor MX's & another set of HiPers. Oh, and I ordered my trailer on Friday also, I'm pretty stoked. Thing is sweet, check out www.timberwolftrailers.com Then click on race trailer series. It's the white 24' Racer's Choice shown, with a bunch of other goodies of course. Speeking of Nationals you guys, looks like I may be going to a couple this year also.

Razorback
03-03-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by zerorider
Doublezero and I will be there, are any of you going to try and make it out for the quads only practice Thursday, 6-9pm? We are going to try and make it, see what kind of changes Rus has done to the track.

I doubt I will make it, but if you go, please report back on the changes.

Razorback
03-03-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by krazykurtk
I fly back to TX this Saturday and hope to be at Badlands Sunday...there's a chain in my suitcase, I think you guys know why already! And some other goodies... new Razor MX's & another set of HiPers. Oh, and I ordered my trailer on Friday also, I'm pretty stoked. Thing is sweet, check out www.timberwolftrailers.com Then click on race trailer series. It's the white 24' Racer's Choice shown, with a bunch of other goodies of course. Speeking of Nationals you guys, looks like I may be going to a couple this year also.

Holy crap! That's a sweet arse trailer. Party in Kurt's trailer :D

BTW, if you need to dump a set of those HiPers, let me know ;)

MxDale71
03-03-2003, 07:02 PM
Austin - I tried to sign up for Novice but they told me I had to race Int. I managed to finish 1st so I was pretty happy and suprised. I would have been a MAJOR sandbagger in the Novice class. The guy that got 2nd is in 1st place for the series so far. In other words, the Intermediate class in the regular races is not at the same level as the Intermediate class in the TQRA races. Ofcourse, the turn out for the Village race wasn't very big, so I don't have any idea how I would do in that class at Swan when it's dry, and the quad turn out is a bit bigger.

Kurt - Thats a good looking trailor. You getting any stickers or anything like that for it?

I don't know if I'll be able to make it to Badlands. I gotta check out my motor cause it's making a noise (prolly just the valves though) and I have to fix some of the damage done to my plastics. That mud from this weekend was hard on my plastics.

QuadR8cer12
03-03-2003, 11:39 PM
Austin - I tried to sign up for Novice but they told me I had to race Int. I managed to finish 1st so I was pretty happy and suprised. I would have been a MAJOR sandbagger in the Novice class. The guy that got 2nd is in 1st place for the series so far. In other words, the Intermediate class in the regular races is not at the same level as the Intermediate class in the TQRA races. Ofcourse, the turn out for the Village race wasn't very big, so I don't have any idea how I would do in that class at Swan when it's dry, and the quad turn out is a bit bigger.

Kurt - Thats a good looking trailor. You getting any stickers or anything like that for it?

I don't know if I'll be able to make it to Badlands. I gotta check out my motor cause it's making a noise (prolly just the valves though) and I have to fix some of the damage done to my plastics. That mud from this weekend was hard on my plastics. Great job man! how many were in intt? Also hw many were in pro....... where any of the pro guys good??I will prolly race in that for that series then If I do any.... I wish I woulda been there to roost on you!!:blah

MxDale71
03-04-2003, 12:24 AM
Austin - Roost is a good way of putting it. It was sooooo friggin wet out there at first. I rode one lap in practice and then just pulled off. I wasn't worried about it since I practiced the day before. The track was pretty good for the races though. There was some really loose muddy sections in the back but the front section was actually pretty good. I liked the layout of the track a lot more on Saturday for practice cause they had the triple step-up open. That thing is a monster... I was hitting it 4th gear pinned and casing the triple part of it... maybe I can make it if it's dry. I definitely want to try that jump again. There was only 3 people in my class, and since they combined 3 classes there was like 10 at the gate. I was second to cross line after that pro guy on the 450. I was pretty happy w/ how I rode.

Razorback
03-04-2003, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by QuadR8cer12
Great job man! how many were in intt? Also hw many were in pro....... where any of the pro guys good??I will prolly race in that for that series then If I do any.... I wish I woulda been there to roost on you!!:blah

Brandon Raymond won the pro class, so that should give you an idea, however, a lot of the regulars weren't there, like the Miller's.

QuadR8cer12
03-04-2003, 01:49 AM
Oh OK I will run pro in that series then if brandon is winning it
:D

Razorback
03-04-2003, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by QuadR8cer12
Oh OK I will run pro in that series then if brandon is winning it
:D

Of course, keep in mind that normally Johnny, Hunter, Cody, and Todd (Mr.P) will be at many of those races :D

Buzzsaw
03-04-2003, 02:16 AM
I saw Austin 440 today it's coming along nice. I'm going to be out sunday watching the races to close not to go. Hey Scott, Conrods has a swaybar for like a 150.00 also.

Razorback
03-04-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Buzzsaw
I saw Austin 440 today it's coming along nice. I'm going to be out sunday watching the races to close not to go. Hey Scott, Conrods has a swaybar for like a 150.00 also.

Cool. I'll have to see how much I'm going to like this TT stuff, and I may get that from him. I need to see your setup sometime. Can you bring it this weekend?

QuadR8cer12
03-04-2003, 10:52 PM
I saw Austin 440 today it's coming along nice. I'm going to be out sunday watching the races to close not to go. Hey Scott, Conrods has a swaybar for like a 150.00 also. :eek2: You saw itr!!?? How is it coming?? I am so BORED !! I want my Baby back!! LOL.. where the fenders there wen you saw it?(Blue Maier):confused:
Razor- I can take Johnny and the miller boys!!!;) :blah J/k someday tough:rolleyes:

Buzzsaw
03-04-2003, 11:30 PM
No fenders as of monday. But that looks like all it's missing.

QuadR8cer12
03-04-2003, 11:35 PM
I think it was the fenders ad a seat and seat cover is what we are waiting on......and maybe a vavle guide or something like that:confused:

Buzzsaw
03-05-2003, 08:43 PM
Cody is going to try to race his 90 Mod. on sunday too. And, Austin I think your bike may be ready this weekend but, don't quote me.

QuadR8cer12
03-06-2003, 06:16 PM
It wont be ready by sunday becausethe fendes wont be here and someing else.. My dad talked to matk today:( Oh well i wouldnt have been able to race it anyways.. But I wanted to ride it before we left for our trip... I would much rather stay and race but my parents wont let me race by myself on the new quad since it is faster :( oh well I am still stoked about just getting it!! Good luck everybody at the race!! Later!:D

MX26
03-06-2003, 08:07 PM
Kurt, ever visit www.36redrocket.com?? Know a guy named Brad Burglund? Guy that announced the quadlympics? :D

Does Brad Coonrod ever ride anymore?

Buzzsaw
03-06-2003, 08:56 PM
Yes, Conrod race TT now, And i just got back from Badland and the track is sweet lots of changes.

krazykurtk
03-07-2003, 05:28 AM
Ya, I'm 99% positive I know who he is, I'm bad with names. I've talked to their whole bunch a number of times. DJ's little quad is pretty sweet. Brad did some ice racing this year, I just double checked their standings and saw his name under a rubber (non studded) class. How do you know them?

Razorback
03-07-2003, 06:29 AM
Yes, Conrod race TT now, And i just got back from Badland and the track is sweet lots of changes.

Good or bad? What is your impression of the changes? You're still going to be there Sunday, right, as a spectator?

krazykurtk
03-07-2003, 07:37 AM
Has it dried up down there? Am I going to have to bring the pressure washer on Sunday?

Razorback
03-07-2003, 08:01 AM
It should be a ton better than it was last weekend. We've had no rain this week and the sun finally came out, and the weather looks good through Sunday afternoon (of course that could change). I'm sure the track will still be a little soupy, but after practice, it should be in great shape. Russ does a great job on that track.

MX26
03-07-2003, 08:17 AM
Ya, I'm 99% positive I know who he is, I'm bad with names. I've talked to their whole bunch a number of times. DJ's little quad is pretty sweet. Brad did some ice racing this year, I just double checked their standings and saw his name under a rubber (non studded) class. How do you know them?

ATV Connection Chat :)

Razorback
03-07-2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by MX26
ATV Connection Chat :)

David - are you coming to Badlands for the race Sunday (either as a rider or spectator)?

Buzzsaw
03-07-2003, 07:07 PM
I like it, very technical, I will be there, going to try to race if I can find a bike to ride.

MxDale71
03-08-2003, 05:01 PM
I might be there as a spectator w/ a 4-Sale sign on the C-dale.

Buzzsaw
03-09-2003, 06:37 PM
I might be there as a spectator w/ a 4-Sale sign on the C-dale.

What's up with that?

MX26
03-09-2003, 09:47 PM
What's up with that?

Read the stupid bull***** in his signature. Trader :rolleyes:

Obviously I wasn't there. Money's still tight from the trip I took last week. Hopefully I'll make the next one. Some guy from Oregon has been holding me up with my quad.. He says he wants to buy it, but I haven't heard anything. 1 more week goes by and it's definately not for sale. I need a new base gasket.

krazykurtk
03-10-2003, 09:48 AM
Badlands track kicks arse! I like it, but want and obviously need more track time. Are any of you riding/racing anywhere in the next 2 weeks? I have 2 weeks left before I start working 13 hr days again. I was thinking about heading back to Badlands on Wednesday night. Danielle said they are open today (Monday) and next Monday until 4 for spring break also. Anyone riding this weekend anywhere? I forgot how much dirt you get to eat when your in the back of the pack also! Oh well, eating dirt cake makes me work harder. I had fun.

Razorback
03-10-2003, 10:19 AM
Badlands track kicks arse! I like it, but want and obviously need more track time. Are any of you riding/racing anywhere in the next 2 weeks? I have 2 weeks left before I start working 13 hr days again. I was thinking about heading back to Badlands on Wednesday night. Danielle said they are open today (Monday) and next Monday until 4 for spring break also. Anyone riding this weekend anywhere? I forgot how much dirt you get to eat when your in the back of the pack also! Oh well, eating dirt cake makes me work harder. I had fun.

Hey! I thought you did really well yesterday. That pro class was loaded, and I was impressed with you hanging in there. There are races the next three weekends (two in Fort Worth and one in Weatherford). These are part of the quad/dirt bike series going on. Check my site for the schedules and links to the tracks. http://www.scottandbiccy.com/quad/racing/2003_schedule.html

I'm planning on going to all three. You should go and run pro next weekend. Most of the crew that was there yesterday won't be there next weekend, because of the nationals starting up. Be a good chance to get some money ;)

beyer05
03-10-2003, 10:54 AM
I am going to have to go hang out with Carmichael and get some supercross experience under my belt. Damn!!!! I need more practice, we don't have stuff like that in Oklahoma.

krazykurtk
03-10-2003, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragement. So that would be this Saturday night at Village Creek right? I see they have practice on Tuesday nights, do they allow quads on practice night? I'm hobbling around like a retard today. I really slammed my heal down when I flat landed on the option double double yesterday. Pain is just the weaknesses leaving the body!! ha ha

Good job yesterday Beyer, how much money did you end up with?

If Georgia wasn't so far away, I'd love to go there this weekend. And the fact that I'm not going alone! I guess that's the main reason.

Razorback
03-10-2003, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragement. So that would be this Saturday night at Village Creek right? I see they have practice on Tuesday nights, do they allow quads on practice night? I'm hobbling around like a retard today. I really slammed my heal down when I flat landed on the option double double yesterday. Pain is just the weaknesses leaving the body!! ha ha

Good job yesterday Beyer, how much money did you end up with?

If Georgia wasn't so far away, I'd love to go there this weekend. And the fact that I'm not going alone! I guess that's the main reason.

Yes, that is this coming Saturday night at Village Creek.

Village does not allow quads at their practices. They are really buttholes about it, but the track is great. This will be the night track, which is considerably shorter than the day track. It's also got a fair number of jumps, but there's not quite as many, and they are more spread out than Badlands.

Razorback
03-10-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by beyer05
I am going to have to go hang out with Carmichael and get some supercross experience under my belt. Damn!!!! I need more practice, we don't have stuff like that in Oklahoma.

LOL. You do have to be on your game to do good and stay safe there, huh? There's never a dull moment and no place to rest for a second just cruising full throttle.

You need to tell Art to race intermediate or something :) I'm tired of racing against all these guys who used to race pro :D

MxDale71
03-10-2003, 12:57 PM
Sounds like everyone had a good time at Badlands. I didn't have the money to make it out there to watch.

Kurt - I'd like to ride this weekend but I"m not going to ride anymore until I either sell my quad or trade it in for a YZF. I don't want to take the chance of breaking something now.

David - That guy that wants to buy your quad PM'ed me and from the sound of it, he's still interested in your R. He said his brother wants to buy my Dale, so maybe we'll both have our quads sold sometime soon. If that doesn't work out, me and my dad might just go trade the Dale in for that bike. I'm about to call the dealership up and talk to them about it.

Buzzy - I'm selling my Dale cause I can't afford to make a quad race ready, so I"m going to switch to bikes. I've got my eye on a 03 YZ 250F right now, only 2 months old and costs $4200 (they cost $5600 new).

MX26
03-10-2003, 03:40 PM
Sounds like everyone had a good time at Badlands. I didn't have the money to make it out there to watch.

Kurt - I'd like to ride this weekend but I"m not going to ride anymore until I either sell my quad or trade it in for a YZF. I don't want to take the chance of breaking something now.

David - That guy that wants to buy your quad PM'ed me and from the sound of it, he's still interested in your R. He said his brother wants to buy my Dale, so maybe we'll both have our quads sold sometime soon. If that doesn't work out, me and my dad might just go trade the Dale in for that bike. I'm about to call the dealership up and talk to them about it.

Buzzy - I'm selling my Dale cause I can't afford to make a quad race ready, so I"m going to switch to bikes. I've got my eye on a 03 YZ 250F right now, only 2 months old and costs $4200 (they cost $5600 new).

I dunno.. If I don't have some cash in my hand by next weekend I'm going riding. He'll just have to find another 250R or wait a season for mine.

Razorback
03-10-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by MX26
I dunno.. If I don't have some cash in my hand by next weekend I'm going riding. He'll just have to find another 250R or wait a season for mine.

David - let me know if you're coming to Village next weekend.

BTW, Check out the 'where to ride' forum about the Arkansas post. I'm going to start planning the Wolf Pen Gap II ride pretty soon. Let me know what you think.

krazykurtk
03-13-2003, 09:00 AM
I don't know if I'm going to go to Village Creek yet. My foot still hurts from Sunday. I tried to ride last night at Badlands, but it was still agrivating me, so I might just stay off it for a week.
Russ changed the track again...filled in the second double in the option double, double. He also changed the section just before the tunnel. The last part right before you head down in the tunnel is now a long table top. He filled the little dip part in. He said he was going to change it some more yet and put a camel back on it about 10 feet closer, so guys can jump just the camel back and not be flat landing or clear the whole table top as JH was doing.

MX26
03-13-2003, 10:20 AM
Good luck guys. I sorda doubt I'll be out much this year.. Maybe. I just got back from an eye doctor and he seems to think there's a tumor on my optical nerve.:rolleyes: