PDA

View Full Version : Nerf bars

B.Rich108
12-24-2011, 04:33 PM
Whats going on guys..Im looking for a set of black nerf bars. If anyone has a set they would like to sell on here let me know. I also would like to know what a Decent make make is. I am relativly new to this and ride mainly trails right now. I dont want a set that will bend/rip the first time i bump them, but i dont want to spend $500 either. Thanks for the help.

Stickman400
12-24-2011, 04:51 PM
I always go with Pro Armor or Blingstar just because of the "brand name" but Ive also heard good things from Tusk or Rock. If you just want the nerfs without heel guards or pegs look to pay around $150-$250.

B.Rich108
12-24-2011, 04:59 PM
I have heard that The rock bend pretty easy, and the nets rip easy also from guys i ride with. The tusk i was looking at and they are really cheap compared to the others. Anyone have any input on this? Would it be better to have them with the integrated heal guards or are the stock ones fine? The stock ones feel kind of floppy to me.

Stickman400
12-24-2011, 05:57 PM
My friend has Rock nerfs and they are holding up well, but he doesn't ride very hard either I guess. CJM has Tusk nerfs with the heelguards and he says they are very good, and he rides pretty hard. I would deff. go with the integrated heelguards if you can afford them. Those stock ones with eventually break into pieces and they'll be useless.

biggyb12
12-24-2011, 08:02 PM
I have the Alba/tusk nerfs with the integrated heel guards and wide pegs they were like 160 or 170 bucks and i beat the crap out of them and haven't had one problem with them in the year i've owned them still look like new

finsteratv
12-24-2011, 09:10 PM
we just got my bro the tusk ones for xmas and i've heard goood stuff about them.

B.Rich108
12-24-2011, 09:21 PM
Awesome..thanks a lot guys.looks like ill be picking up the tusks with the heel guard

CJM
12-24-2011, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by biggyb12
I have the Alba/tusk nerfs with the integrated heel guards and wide pegs they were like 160 or 170 bucks and i beat the crap out of them and haven't had one problem with them in the year i've owned them still look like new

Pretty much exactly what I was gonna say. The alba ones mount slightly different (or not it might changed)-they use the crossbar up front and it tends to not hold up as one guy found out. The tusk ones mount to the motor mounts.

Ive beat mine to death even in rocky PA and besides some scratches and gouges nothing has busted cept for the nets. The nets are somewhat cheap-but a new sets only 15 bucks.

About all I really disliked about them was the fact the bolts they come with felt cheap to me. So far they have held up except I replaced the ones that mount the back bracket with grade 8 metric bolts.

mxdad423
12-25-2011, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by B.Rich108
Whats going on guys..Im looking for a set of black nerf bars. If anyone has a set they would like to sell on here let me know. I also would like to know what a Decent make make is. I am relativly new to this and ride mainly trails right now. I dont want a set that will bend/rip the first time i bump them, but i dont want to spend $500 either. Thanks for the help.

Sent you a PM.....Check you inbox

Thanks

Drfat400ex
12-26-2011, 12:15 PM
I like my Pro-Armours but they dink fairly easy, I slid into a little tree (not all that hard) and theres a ding in them the size of your thumb print. Other than that they're pretty nice but they do stick out about an inch more than the wheels.

backwoods 400ex
12-27-2011, 07:59 AM
i got the motosports products ones and i love them there really strong and there reasonably priced