PDA

View Full Version : Axle Carrier O-Rings

Stickman400
12-24-2011, 12:45 PM
This is kind of stumping me. I've got some new o-rings for my axle carrier (I've already checked my bearings) and I figured out where 3 of them go, but I'm not quite sure where the 4th one goes. Here's an exploded view of the swingarm. http://www.motosport.com/atv/oem-parts/HONDA/2005/TRX400EX/SWINGARM The two 32s go on the actual carrier itself, on each end of it. Then the left 31 goes in the brake stay, but then where does the other 31 go? I had the old one pinched between the brake stay and the right side of the carrier, but I don't think that's right.

powerbomb400
12-24-2011, 02:02 PM
I wonder if you buy the complete package as number 1 o-ring part 31is included. I went thru the same thing. Its so tight I couldn't get the clip on.

hocman123
12-24-2011, 02:56 PM
i think u have to strech it over the carrier untill it is next to the adjustment holes so it seals the out side. thats just what i think i dont know for sure

Stickman400
12-24-2011, 03:18 PM
Thats what I think Im gunna end up doing Hocman, unless someone else chimes in here. Thats the only sensible place to put it, since the other end is sealed by the brake stay.

powerbomb400
12-25-2011, 05:52 AM
I bought a carrier from Mazur's ATV which I believe the carrier is a Armor-tech. It has grooves in the carrier for the O-rings to go. It came like that. I tried putting them on my factory carrier like the drawing o-rings next to the spocket side and it was still too tight. Use the one in the brake stay and put anti-size around the carrier that way it will rotate easily.