PDA

View Full Version : Take a lap with Jam on 2 wheels

Ride1Rob
12-23-2011, 06:25 AM
I haven't posted here on Jams 2 wheel progress since we left quads. Only 10 months into it and he has taken to it very well. Better than he ever was on the Typhoon in 3yrs of riding it. Here's a lap from yesterday.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxakw24zmy4

#404's Dad
12-23-2011, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Ride1Rob
I haven't posted here on Jams 2 wheel progress since we left quads. Only 10 months into it and he has taken to it very well. Better than he ever was on the Typhoon in 3yrs of riding it. Here's a lap from yesterday.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxakw24zmy4

Looks Good, quads aren't for everyone thats for sure, bikes are quite a bit easier to ride.

Ride1Rob
12-23-2011, 09:36 AM
Completely disagree with that. A quad glides across sand while a bike sinks into it. A bike rider has to have proper body position and technique or he/she will go down quite often. I gave up dirtbike riding and got a quad bc I would be so exhausted trying to keep up with my buddies on their quads. A bike is in no way shape or form easier than a quad. It requires more balance and better throttle control. Jam has said his quad was easier to ride but he gets more satisfaction on the bike. And he was a pretty good rider on his quad btw.

jplltz50
12-24-2011, 10:19 AM
100% true. I bought a crf450 a couple years back, at the time I had street bike, trx250r quad and hadn't been on a dirtbike in 18 years...... it kicked my butt and sent me home wondering what happened......I thought I was fast in my teen years.

I guess the older you get the faster you used to be.

It took time but I love riding dirtbikes again and sold my trx250r

Rich243
12-24-2011, 01:26 PM
Nice!!! How old is Jam? Does he miss the quads at all?

My son races both quads and dirtbikes and continues to want to do both.......we will try........

jfarrar30
12-24-2011, 08:30 PM
I have raced both ad liked quads better because to me they were more challenging especially off jumps. I could ride both at an A level ( well maybe back in the day lol) a quad requires alot more body english to go fast but its not really fair to compare the two they really require two totally different skill levels that some adapt better to than the other. With either one if you dont know how to handle it or your machine isnt set_up right its going to kick your arse.

Cool vid by the way.kid looks good

Ride1Rob
12-24-2011, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Rich243
Nice!!! How old is Jam? Does he miss the quads at all?

My son races both quads and dirtbikes and continues to want to do both.......we will try........

Thanx for the comments guys. Jam is 10 and doesn't miss quads at all. There was a lot of issues about his quad last yr and he told me a couple weeks ago that was the reason he wanted to make the change. It took its toll on the both of us. Can definitely say its been a pleasant experience since we've been on bikes.

Ride1Rob
02-02-2012, 06:38 AM
Here's another vid from this past weekend. I'm pretty amazed at some of the things he's doing so early in his bike career. Next month (Feb 18th) will make it a full year since he's been riding dirtbikes. In the vid there's a 16yr old Supermini rider on a CRF150r that can't catch him. Already scrubbing jumps as you'll see in the vid. I do miss looking at the old Typhoon. I put A LOT of time, effort, and research into that quad. Most of all I really miss hanging out with the old quad family. Dirtbike races aren't quite the same in the pits between races. But we enjoy it still.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIEGCRwiB9s