PDA

View Full Version : Atco MX is closing

tyler70t
12-22-2011, 02:34 PM
I just read on the Atco website ( drag strips, not mx) that the Motocross track is closing for good due to parking issues during the big drag race events!..........Sucks for us since it's only 10 minutes away. Time to start traveling:confused: :confused: :( :(

jplltz50
12-23-2011, 05:32 AM
I had heard the rumor, now its reality. Sucks. After 2 full seasons at Atco Mx we were gonna try harescrambles for 2012 and since there are only 10 rounds run up at Atco on weekends we are off.

tyler70t
12-23-2011, 06:17 AM
We saw Joey's quad on Craigslist, did you sell it yet? Are you going to be @ the Atco Banquet?

jplltz50
12-23-2011, 06:36 AM
No we still got it. We decided to keep it, and run it one more year in pa state harescramble series and also run bikes in the northeast off road championship.

I got to take it off Craigslist, my price is high to weed out knuckleheads and Joey was really bummed at the thought of selling. I feel like a hoarder with all our bikes/quads.

Well see you at the banquet, and thank you for the pm about my wife, you sent it back in Sept. , but I just checked my pm's today and read it.

selbygirl
12-23-2011, 06:57 AM
that was our closes track little under 3 hrs , the middle ford seaford track ,they turnd that into a parking lot for for the ovel track cars ,, and the easton track is just a pratice track, our closses track now is budds creek over 3 hours away , and they dont allow the mini quads on the full track only for the nats they allow minis on the full track,plus budds isnt very quad freindly.

jerkyboy
12-23-2011, 01:18 PM
Sucks for sure. I dont get what they are taking about not haveing enough parking. To the right when you come in there is about 2 football fields of weeds. Why not throw some stone down and leave the track alone.

tyler70t
12-24-2011, 04:23 AM
I hear ya Mike, I'm sure Kevin is bummed about the whole thing but it was probably out of his control. Sure looks like with a little heavy machinery there should be a way to create plenty of parking but maybe the Pinelands has their hands in what is allowed to be done to the land.:confused:

jerkyboy
12-24-2011, 06:56 AM
I know it is out of Kevins hand, at the last race he talkrd about trying to make the track bigger. And you might be wright about the pinland commision thing but there are no trees there to be cut down.

coffing918
12-25-2011, 12:05 AM
it sure does suck,, JJ had his first race ever there when he was just 4 years old :(

coffing918
12-25-2011, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by jplltz50
I had heard the rumor, now its reality. Sucks. After 2 full seasons at Atco Mx we were gonna try harescrambles for 2012 and since there are only 10 rounds run up at Atco on weekends we are off.
harescrambles are awesome we ran them in 2008. awesome for sure, the only thing is that for these little kids a
45 minuet race is alot.. JJ was 5 when we ran them,,he never complained about them being to long but when each lap is 10-12 miles long you start to get worried where ur kid is!