PDA

View Full Version : Quick Q about my LRD Frame

dquarton
12-21-2011, 09:32 PM
My LRD alum frame currently has a no link setup. There seems to be a bracket in the normal area of the frame that a link would attach to for a linkage setup. Can these frames be used for no link and linkage applications?

dustinshuler
12-22-2011, 08:29 AM
I D K but just wanted to say congrats on your DirtWheels pic!

dquarton
12-22-2011, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by dustinshuler
I D K but just wanted to say congrats on your DirtWheels pic!

Thanks! I had a lot more in there about wanting Honda to stop discontinuing parts, but needless to say, that did not make it in the article.....

superman
12-22-2011, 07:04 PM
Dale, I had 2 of those frames myself and built a few when I was a mechanic on Team Nac's and from what I recall due to the way they were jigged up for welding they all had the stock linkage bracket on the bottom main tube, but the no-link frames are different at the top where the shock mounts. You could try bolting it up but unless you had a special ordered length rear shock I don't think it would set right. Good luck, Ryan

fastrnrik
12-23-2011, 08:13 AM
The LRD I had was a stock link only setup

doctorace1
12-28-2011, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by superman
Dale, I had 2 of those frames myself and built a few when I was a mechanic on Team Nac's and from what I recall due to the way they were jigged up for welding they all had the stock linkage bracket on the bottom main tube, but the no-link frames are different at the top where the shock mounts. You could try bolting it up but unless you had a special ordered length rear shock I don't think it would set right. Good luck, Ryan

thats correct they were all jigged with the lower but the no link upper is angulated different in the frame,you can still run a no link shock but it would have to be a custom length and you will loose around 2 inches of travel