PDA

View Full Version : Is It Hard To Bleed Brakes

12-07-2001, 04:07 PM
IS IT HARD AND HOW LONG TO BLEED BRAKES!!! HELP

12-07-2001, 05:23 PM
welp i just did mine about 1 month ago and it isn't too bad here's how i did it

1- get extra brake fluid
2 -NEVER let the resiviors run empty when your bleedin the causes serious headace's
3- pump up the brakes and hold them and have a buddy crac the bleeder ( it is the lil 8mm thing that has like a rubbber cap or cover on it )
3-let the fluid run out ( make sure to cover your eyes) and make sure there aren't any more air bubbles coming out
4- tighten up bleader and tell your buddy to let off the barakes and pump emn up to see if they are better or not
5-re-peat steps 4&4 until you have firmer brakes...kinda a messy job that don't take too long maybe 15 minutes or so..let me know if i can help any more...toby

12-10-2001, 08:20 AM
400ex brakes are different than 250R brakes,,,,mainly the front. YOu have to suck the fluid down to the caliper,,,no lie. I had my master cylinder full of fluid,,no brake lines on the front at all,,you could squeeze the front brake all day and it wouldn't let out a drop of oil,,I had to call a dealer and ask how to do it..really sucked,,

Tommy 17
12-10-2001, 01:45 PM
rico i had the same problem but i just kept pumping and pumping and doing it more and more and more and finally little bubbles started to come out and after about 30 mins it started to suck fluid in. i hear they air lock really easy wit steel brake lines...

12-11-2001, 07:17 PM
this was for the 400ex...if you can't get fluid to come out of the caliper then you have to crake the top bleader and do it until fluyid runs out of there.... then you can go to your bottom bleaders... it is kinda a pain ...... i just had to do it like a month ago on my 400 thats how i know...hope this helps...toby