PDA

View Full Version : Gt Thunder

Yfz245
12-21-2011, 10:55 AM
I just got a 2006 450r I was wondering if anybody has the gt thunder mx link with a stock rear shock and how well it performs. I'm thinking of getting this link and let them revalve and respring my oem shock
Thanks

chronicsmoke
12-21-2011, 11:15 AM
the link will lower your rear end, but it will be too soft on a stock shock. Sure you can ride around like that, but I wouldn't be too aggressive unless you weigh 150 or under.

The set up works pretty good, night and day difference better than stock anyway.

fomospede
12-21-2011, 11:23 AM
ive used that link
and the 2 xc links of theres as well
and have found that they all need more or a higher spring rate
add 50# to your request to them
or try a different vendor
ive seen some great stuff from JET that seems sprung correctly
with happy customers

understand i am loyal to no one service company

dont forget C+D this forums sponsor!!!

Yfz245
12-21-2011, 11:55 AM
Thanks for yalls help I was looking on gt thunders website and and I guess you would call it a kit you get the link and rear shock revalve and respring for 345

quad71
12-24-2011, 02:14 AM
Get the high flow piston also and air box lifter kit.

rummerd
12-28-2011, 12:53 PM
I have the XC link on my 07 that is set up for the dunes. Jet did the long travel conversion on my front shocks and converted the rear. Works like a dream, money well spent. I use 20" tires in the rear on this machine. I have the MX link with a custom built Axis shock on the rear of my brothers 85 ATC250R. Not the application it is designed for but it works extremely well, Jet built this shock as well. I am putting the short link on my TPC, Jet is building the shock. I have the GT Thunder shifter springs coming...they make a very good product.

fomospede
12-28-2011, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by rummerd
I have the XC link on my 07 that is set up for the dunes. Jet did the long travel conversion on my front shocks and converted the rear. Works like a dream, money well spent. I use 20" tires in the rear on this machine. I have the MX link with a custom built Axis shock on the rear of my brothers 85 ATC250R. Not the application it is designed for but it works extremely well, Jet built this shock as well. I am putting the short link on my TPC, Jet is building the shock. I have the GT Thunder shifter springs coming...they make a very good product.
shifter springs will they help?
not cheap for sure but cheaper than a trans!

rummerd
12-28-2011, 04:04 PM
30 bux plus 14 for the side cover gasket is pretty cheap and worth trying. It really makes sense and the stock shifter does have a really light spring. We will see