View Full Version : Bored with 100footers? Try this!!

hartwill
12-21-2011, 07:35 AM
This has to be the biggest rush ever..I think given the chance I would definately try it though...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFQc7VRJowk

Scro
12-21-2011, 09:11 AM
That's incredible.

b0rn c0nfused
12-21-2011, 09:45 AM
I've seen this before and always wanted to try it. I just don't know if I'd have the balls to step off haha it would take some big 1's.

Stickman400
12-21-2011, 12:45 PM
I'd like to do that sometime. Not the near-crash skimming the earth part, but just standing on a cliff, jumping off and gliding for miles. That'd be awesome.

rf928
12-21-2011, 12:46 PM
Yea, the goggles he uses there have a HUD in them. They make them for MX too.

Recon instruments. That jump would be rather sketchy for me :)

dchan
12-21-2011, 05:50 PM
Thats crazy!

slightlybent47
12-21-2011, 08:07 PM
There was another guy that I think came up with the idea and I was watching a show where he was going to fly under a bridge.
He miss judged and hit the bridge at like 200 mph. if that wasn’t bad enough there was a bunch of people standing on the bridge filming him when he hit the bridge.
He didn’t hit a pillar or a beam, he hit the railing and he splattered into hundreds of pieces, spraying everyone with human meat.lol Bomb ***!

I have one question. What is the helmet for?lol

If men were meant to fly we would have wings.

hartwill
12-21-2011, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by rf928
Yea, the goggles he uses there have a HUD in them. They make them for MX too.

Recon instruments. That jump would be rather sketchy for me :)
What is a HUD? I want to buy those mx goggles just so I can say I have it, lol..

hartwill
12-21-2011, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
There was another guy that I think came up with the idea and I was watching a show where he was going to fly under a bridge.
He miss judged and hit the bridge at like 200 mph. if that wasn’t bad enough there was a bunch of people standing on the bridge filming him when he hit the bridge.
He didn’t hit a pillar or a beam, he hit the railing and he splattered into hundreds of pieces, spraying everyone with human meat.lol Bomb ***!

Is there a video for this?

Scro
12-21-2011, 08:11 PM
I remember seeing that video on one of the "Caught on tape" TV shows. They showed it right up to impact...he was definitely hauling.

madskrillz2
12-21-2011, 08:19 PM

Yeah Jeb Corliss was good friends with that guy and was the other guy flying in that video.

I really hope one day I can grow the balls to try this. Only thing is, it would probably ruin anything else that gives you an adrenaline rush lol.

rf928
12-21-2011, 08:23 PM
A HUD is a Heads up display. Kinda distracting on the track lol. its just a computer screen feeding you information on your surroundings. hard to focus on anything with that in front of you.

<DRS>GPF
12-22-2011, 05:32 AM
awsome.. what a rush that would be.

Aarons 01 400EX
12-22-2011, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by hartwill
Is there a video for this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvjgvXcxMsU

slightlybent47
12-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Aarons 01 400EX
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvjgvXcxMsU

Yep thats the one.

hartwill
12-22-2011, 05:40 PM
Wow, that sucks...
I looked up those goggles too those things are sick. Too bad they're $500..

buck440
12-22-2011, 06:05 PM
he talked about one of his new stunts he wants to try which is freaking crazy. he wants to jump out of a airplane without a parachute and land on like a big slide and slide on down to the ground.

pretty much the opposite of ramping lol.

bens250ex
12-22-2011, 07:58 PM
These people are nuts

wolfe 21
12-25-2011, 02:48 AM
It looks cool, but I'm not sure I see the rush of it. He's basically flying a hang-glider on a smaller scale. And, he's never actually flying just reduces his rate of descent to the point he can cover a great distance before landing. But he's still always falling. Kinda like buzz lightyear, it's not flying: its falling with style.
Anyway, it looks cool but not on my to-do list anytime soon.

Oh, saw the bridge clip on one of those how did I survive shows on tv. That was just nasty. Like flyin into a cheese grater.

Nate Dogg #76
12-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Batman? We will probably hear about this guy getting killed sooner or later.

bbender85
12-27-2011, 10:16 AM
He miss judged and hit the bridge at like 200 mph....

what do you suppose the last thing to go through his mind was?

:D

OldGuyonaQuad
12-27-2011, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by wolfe 21
It looks cool, but I'm not sure I see the rush of it. He's basically flying a hang-glider on a smaller scale. And, he's never actually flying just reduces his rate of descent to the point he can cover a great distance before landing. But he's still always falling. Kinda like buzz lightyear, it's not flying: its falling with style.

so you are the one behind this push to force the name change of flying squirells to falling squirells.

Falling or flying it still looks pretty intense. As a self proclaimed thrill seeker I have never ever backed out of any ride or attraction but came very close on a simple 75' tower bungie jump. It takes a great deal of nerve just to jump.

wilkin250r
12-27-2011, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by wolfe 21

The initial rush comes from jumping off, your body's natural reaction is an almost paralyzing fear. I've never done base-jumping, but bunjee jumping was the single greatest adrenaline rush I've ever experienced in my life, due to the body's natural reaction of fear to a free-fall. It was truly a paralyzing fear, I never understood how people could scream because I couldn't even breathe.

I think, once you've done it enough times that the initial fear wears off (and thus the adrenaline rush that comes with that fear), I think the suit is about a combination of speed and control.

DEFINITELY on my bucket list, but not as close as he does it. He's like 10feet off the ground, that's insane.

Scro
02-24-2012, 09:58 AM
I don't expect Mr. Corliss to be with us much longer if he keeps jumping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUl8AHnoJsg

Longdong
02-24-2012, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by bbender85
what do you suppose the last thing to go through his mind was?

:D

I would think his feet! :devil:

bbender85
02-24-2012, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Longdong
I would think his feet! :devil:

close, the correct answer was his ***. :D

slightlybent47
02-24-2012, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by bbender85
close, the correct answer was his ***. :D

He probably said I got it! I got it! Oh crap I don’t got it!

wilkin250r
02-25-2012, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Scro
I don't expect Mr. Corliss to be with us much longer if he keeps jumping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUl8AHnoJsg

So when the producer told him to try to get a foot off the ground, it looks like he misunderstood a little bit... :blah: