PDA

View Full Version : The Badlands, Indiana

400exc
12-20-2011, 05:33 PM
What are you guys' experience with this place? Myself and a bunch of my buddies are going there this summer and would like some feedback. Thanks

smr
12-21-2011, 06:20 AM
hope your not driving far. It's OK but is only good for a day ride. Gets a little boring after that.

We drove 6 hours and left early the 2nd day.

Like I said, it's not bad but it wasn't worth the 6 hour drive we took.

400exc
12-22-2011, 05:07 AM
We have about a 4 hour drive.

400exc
12-22-2011, 05:08 AM
What was the downsides of the place?

smr
12-22-2011, 05:40 AM
really it's nothing more than an old rock queary. The rocks are real fine and act a little like sand but not really what we expected. Like I said, it was fun but you will cover the whole place in a few hours.

If I lived close I would ride there often.

Not sure what your really into but I wouldn't drive four hours to ride there.

DragonGunner
12-23-2011, 01:34 PM
I live over 2 hrs. away an have been there alot over the last decade. Usually with friends an its a blast! Now my friends don't go an I usually go by myself. Yes its gravel pits, but also has woods, mud, creeks an some pretty steep hills you can get hurt on if you want to try. My buddy loved going with his Banshee an would amaze us at his hill climbing skills. If you go with friends you will have a fun time. There isn't alot or for that fact any places to really open it up for top speed. You might check out Haspin Acres on the way back, its located a little South an east of Indy. I like the Badlands alot better. Haspin is terriable after a rain, Badlands is great after a shower, can be on the dusty side when really dry. I think they have a website, check it out...I would go once an see how you like it. I've gone probably about 30 times now, but since gas prices have gone up it has slacked off.

400exc
12-24-2011, 05:26 AM
Ok cool. We were going for a weekend thing to get away and have a good time.

DragonGunner
03-02-2012, 06:26 AM
I'm kinda getting the fever to ride the Badlands here soon....just looking for a good Sat. when its going to be a mild night an around 60 or so for the day.

Anyone else?