PDA

View Full Version : My razr tire review

Moded86R
02-28-2003, 04:16 AM
The stock 300ex tires leave a little to be desired.The stock fronts roll over in corners and get holes easy.The rears are to balloony which cause them to roll over on corners,make it hard to slide,and also get punctured easy.I have been running 20/11/9 6ply on the back off my 300es for over 2 years now.They are still decent.

Recently I ordered a set of 22/7/10 6 ply razr's from rocky mountain they where 114 for both shipped.

I had them mounted on my factory wheels.

So far I love them.I have only riden in snow and on black top.In the snow going slow on trails they did great.They hold there line and don't wonder around.They look great and since they are 6 ply I bet they are durable as well.On our track they worked awesome.I was able to pull away from my buddy on his 400ex.Because his stock tires where pushing in corners and the rears weren't hooking up.There is one corner down a 4th gear hill that you is pretty sharp.You could acctaully feel the stock tires flexing in this corner.I didn't feel these doing that at all.They work great.

I would highly recommend razr tires to anyone wanting a set of good high performance tires that last a long time.And look great!

Moded86R
02-28-2003, 04:45 AM
This is when the tires are brand new.Not any ride time on them.

wheeltrax
02-28-2003, 02:01 PM
good review. Im gonna order some in a couple of months for my 250. I think i will really like them.

02-28-2003, 05:08 PM
I woulda got holeshot's, no flaming at me for saying that Im just letting you know

02-28-2003, 05:22 PM
I have HAD holeshots .. :( I ripped a hole in the tread within 45 seconds of riding on a brand new tire
only run razors now & that has never happens ;)

300EXrider02
02-28-2003, 05:26 PM
holeshots do not hook up as well for turning but better ata high speeds

Moded86R
02-28-2003, 05:46 PM
I do have holeshots.I run them on my R.I have ripped a 2 inch hole in sidewall of one.I ride hard and and I ride in rocks.Also my buddy went through a set of holeshots on a polaris trailblazer and I am still running my razr's.I run 21/7/10 holeshots on the front of my R.And 18/11/8 holeshot mx's on the back.I love that tire setup.They are alright for a race only bike.But for all around use I definitly prefer the razr's.

kc 300EX
02-28-2003, 08:27 PM
Thats a biiig can o WD-40

300exracer
03-01-2003, 01:50 PM
I am going to buy razrs for my 300ex but cant decide on buyung 20in or 22in i think maybe i might go with the 20's

remlapr
03-01-2003, 02:00 PM
LOL people are always noticing the stuff in the background of posted quad pics. :blah

Originally posted by kc 300EX
Thats a biiig can o WD-40

300exracer
03-01-2003, 07:52 PM
What do you like better the 20in or the 22in razrs

redroost85
03-01-2003, 09:55 PM
Well, when I put my 22's on I didn't realize how much heavier they are than the stock tire. I really haven't had a chance to open'er up on the track (freaking snow!), but I hope they don't make me bog. I really can't say for sure, but maybe I should have gone with 20's. Again, I can't say for sure, but the 22's weigh much more than stockers.

03-01-2003, 11:33 PM
Yea right the ITP hoelshot is pretty much the best tire out for taril riding and racing! You guys dont knw what your talking about Im not going to argue.. also if you odnt belive me go to the thread that what was the best tire and youll find out becase most people on that thread didnt say stuff they didnt know, only stuff they knew about unlike you guys...

Moded86R
03-02-2003, 01:12 AM
Yeah well lathers I have been riding for over 12 years and have used just about every sport tire out there.Yes I like holeshot for the track.I already said that.But for what I do I like the razr's.Simple as that.It is my opinion.Just like you like holeshots.It is your opinion.I was simply trying to share what I thought about these tires with others.So shoot me!

I rode on them again today.This time in mud.Even my buddies noticed how I could whip the bike right around even in the nasty slop.

We had fun.My bike took a beating though.I flipped down a hill climb and bent my bars.I have a bad tie rod end now,And the axle is loose in the carrier.So it looks like my bike needs a little TLC before it next ride.Which is fine because it deserves it.

03-02-2003, 01:52 AM
Well that sucks lol, your right about the opinion part but holeshots are the better tire ..
We had fun.My bike took a beating though.I flipped down a hill climb and bent my bars.I have a bad tie rod end now,And the axle is loose in the carrier.So it looks like my bike needs a little TLC before it next ride.Which is fine because it deserves it. [/B][/QUOTE]

03-04-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Lathers
You guys dont knw what your talking about Im not going to argue.. only stuff they knew about unlike you guys...
I dont need to argue ..I had a witness to the RIPPING of the last holeshots I will ever buy .....It was pappy...:D
the damn tire only lasted about 45 seconds amybe 1 minute at the MOST!!!...yup its roclky @TCTRI ...but the RAZOR 6 ply's
have not failed yet ;)

dhines
03-04-2003, 12:06 PM
For what it is worth, I had almost the exact opposite experience from you 2-R's. I have run HoleShots (6-ply) exclusively for the last several years and although I have developed a number of slow leaks, I have only had one tire go flat on me while riding/racing - and it was old and already nearly bald. I've never lost a front. My riding style is fast, aggressive trail riding and cross country racing.

I tried a set of Razors (6-ply) a year or two ago and had the dang things rip apart on me in the first race I rode them in. I haven't gone back since. Do I really think that the Razors are junk? No, like 2-R's and his HoleShots, I think I just got unlucky and either got a bad set of tires or simply hit something that no tire would have stood up to.

For those who say Holeshots are junk, if any of you get a chance to go to a local hare scramble or GNCC race, take a look at what most riders are running on. ITP HoleShots are still the number one choice of cross country racers. Razors are popular too, but I'd wager there are more Holeshots by at least a 2-1 margin.

The bottom line is that the two tires are very comparable and a person really can't go wrong with either one. Heck, I'm actually thinking about trying a set of the new Razor 2's up front on my machine!

Peace out

Ex'r Marlin
03-04-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by "2-R's Rider"
...yup its roclky @TCTRI ...but the RAZOR 6 ply's
have not failed yet ;) Nor have my ITP Holeshots XCT's @ TCTRI :D

Sorry Dave (2-R's Rider)... I just had to do it!:)

I agree with Dhines about both brand of tires are very comparable, the only problem is... It seems that only one of them is right for you! And you need to find out which one it is!:D :eek:

I too would like to try the Maxxis Razr 2's... But I think I will wait til they come down in price!

The fact of this thread is... There are better tires out there for certain terrain than the stockers on the 300ex!:) And Maxxis Razr's are one of them.:cool:

Moded86R
03-04-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Ex'r Marlin
The fact of this thread is... There are better tires out there for certain terrain than the stockers on the 300ex!:) And Maxxis Razr's are one of them.:cool:

Thank you EX'r Marlin!

03-04-2003, 04:48 PM
its cool marlin ..:D ,..I am happy with my razors..

I am considering adding my holeshot to Rich's collection of destroyed parts in the trees he has hangin up there
(casualities of TCTRI)...:(
or would you like to adopt it ?;)
theres plenty of tread left :blah
all it needs is a GIANT patch:macho

seriously tho, I know holeshots usually do OK ..but so far the razrs are doing much better in that terrain on my quad w/a
loose nut like me behind bars:eek:

03-04-2003, 11:34 PM
uhhh :huh 2r's... thats why they also make 6 ply tires like the razr's so you kinda just dissed ur "razrs" also..