PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding Brakes

12-07-2001, 03:25 PM
IS IT HARD TO BLEED THE BRAKES, I JUST GOT STEEL BRAIDED BRAKE LINES, BUT IM WONDERING IF ITS HARD TO BLEED THEM, HELP!!!!!

Tommy 17
12-07-2001, 04:40 PM
i have them on mine and it took about 30 mins for the front and 2 mins for the rear.

the front was being a pain it got air locked on me and it wouldn't take no fluid down so thats what took so long... all u have to do is hold the lever in crack open the bolt then quickly close it and pump the lever... it makes ur breaks so nice u can stop on a dime...

12-07-2001, 05:10 PM
WHAT BOLT, THE LID YOU MEAN AND FILL IT, OR WHAT?

Tommy 17
12-07-2001, 05:59 PM
guess i didn't make it detailed enouf for u wit the bolts and stuff i thought u knew what i would mean sry heres really detailed... i didn't mean to get u lost there.

ok for the front take off the top cover of ur front brake resavoir its right by ur trottle. ok take it off out should come a white piece of plastic and a black rubber filler. take these out and fill it wit fluid. alway remember never let it run dry or u got to start all over again. ok fill it up wit fluid then hold in on the brake lever. get a buddy to go down to one of the calipers and crack open the little bolt( its 8mm and it has a black little cap on it, its like a nipple so u can hook a hose onto it). as soon as he cracks open this bolt fluid is goin to shot out so watch ur eyes, clothes and anything around u. soon as he cracks it open and it shoots out close it and dont leave out the lever untill its closed. the lever should be the whole way in bc it shot out the fluid. now pump the lever it should be gettin harder to pull in.ok now hold in on the lever again as hard as u can and crack open the bolt then close it and pump the lever. once its starts to get really hard to pull in the lever do the other calipar a few times like if u did the right one do the left now it should be rock solid to pull in the lever.

do the same for the back except ur resovre is a clear thing thats above ur left foot. take off the cap up there and add fluid.

trueblue450
12-08-2001, 03:00 PM
Do you need to randomly do this sometimes? Cuz my 300EX brakes will lock for me sometimes and sometimes they wont. But then I have to pump the front brake lever to get em to lock. Then sometimes they will just work. So would it be a good idea to bleed em?

Tommy 17
12-08-2001, 04:12 PM
it won't hurt to do it... if u want really good brakes just go buy the steel one they are so much better...

MichaelS693
12-14-2001, 10:20 PM
you can also put a little clear rubber tube or any rubber tube you have that will fit over the bolt to bleed them and bleed them into a cup where it wont squirt out wildly

stevengates45
12-14-2001, 11:22 PM
A friends dad can make some really good brake pads really cheep. All he does is you give him your worn out pads & he gets them & does something to them(cant remember) & they're restored back to new ready to use. He used to pads on the river all summer long this past summer & this day they'er still in great shape.