PDA

View Full Version : Burgard balljoints

brewster426
12-19-2011, 06:32 PM
I broke a lower balljoint yesterday causing me to have a pretty nasty wreck. Needless to say I never want to do that again. Where can I buy some balljoints that aren't 40$ a piece. I just don't see how they are that high?!

big bad beny
12-21-2011, 06:31 AM
Depending on the balljoint you might be able to get it threw Bus Depo. If you look at the number on it and tell me what it is I can look at a old one I have and give you the phone number and part number you need to get one. Last time I bought them they were like $12.

brewster426
12-21-2011, 08:24 AM
My cousin used to run 4stroke proam in the 90s. He told me that the balljoints used to be a volkwagen part number. It's the same ball joints that larger and everyone else have used for years.

slainwarrior
12-21-2011, 10:50 AM
i recently replaced the balljoints in my lsr a arms.. i got them at autozone they were 91 geo tracker tie rod ends... i dunno if bugards are the same or not but here's some advice.. i wanted to save some money and bought the cheap 16$ ball joints and they were made in china they are way thinner and weaker looking then the ones i had.. they offered multiple other brands up to 40$ the most expensive being moog ball joints which were also greasable.. being able to get them from an autoparts store is deff a plus for the convinence but i wouldnt cheap out for safety reasons i think im gonna end up replacing the ones i got with a better made in usa brand.

brewster426
12-21-2011, 12:41 PM
I want the strongest ones on the planet. I never want to wreck like that again! When it broke the a arm dug in the ground and catapulted me. 3rd gear pinned. I was seeing all kinds of pretty colors lol

ride red 14
12-21-2011, 01:57 PM
you can used 78 vw transporter tie rod ends. cant remember if they are the outer or inner ones, one or the other is lefthand threads. i used napa brand, they were $18 each i think. they are 14mm and should be the righthand thread.

brewster426
12-21-2011, 03:12 PM
Thanks bud!!