PDA

View Full Version : Quick question on Eton AXL50 and Viper compatability

Slowprocess
12-19-2011, 07:53 AM
Sorry but I'm super new to the mini scene. I race a yfz450r at our local mx tracks and at loretta lynns national and I now have a child on the way. Can never be to prepared, so I'm already setting up a quad that was given to me for my future female rider.:D Anyway, its a little Eton AXL50. My question is are the frames the same on this quad and the Viper 50? I'd really like to get these ugly plastics off of it and swap over to the viper plastics. If its just mounts that are different, that won't be a problem.
Also are alot of the aftermarket parts(nerfs, bumpers, a arms, etc) that are available for the viper compatible with this quad? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have several years to build this quad, so I'm really looking forward to having a great setup when she's able to get on an mx track!

pitviperacing
12-20-2011, 03:49 AM
Welcome to the mini's! I think the axl & vipers have different mounts for the plastic. There are many aftermarket parts out there BUT IMO & experience in this I wood leave the axl stock and get her started riding then save all the money you wood spend on aftermarket parts and buy a DRR or Apex. I started in the minis before drr & apex were around,I have spent a pile of money on etons getting them "race ready" and none were ever as nice as our drr is.

Slowprocess
12-20-2011, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by pitviperacing
Welcome to the mini's! I think the axl & vipers have different mounts for the plastic. There are many aftermarket parts out there BUT IMO & experience in this I wood leave the axl stock and get her started riding then save all the money you wood spend on aftermarket parts and buy a DRR or Apex. I started in the minis before drr & apex were around,I have spent a pile of money on etons getting them "race ready" and none were ever as nice as our drr is.

Hey thanks for the reply! I'm definately going to take your advice on that one. The Drr seems to be a much better platform for mods now that I've done some research on minis as a whole. I do still want to change the plastics up though because I'm going to have to look at this thing for the first few years.:D I'll get my hands on some cheap viper plastic local and see if I can fab up a few different mounting points.
I really appreciate the advice of someone experienced in the mini's!!! I'll be coming to you alot for advice on setting up a national caliber quad for my future rider!

pitviperacing
12-21-2011, 03:36 AM
You are very welcome!!! Always glad to help,feel free to PM or just post, a lot good guys on here that will offer help & again welcome to the Mini World!! Lol

fastrnrik
12-21-2011, 04:37 AM
I have a whole set of Viper plastics and the seat. Sell em to you cheap!

Slowprocess
12-22-2011, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by fastrnrik
I have a whole set of Viper plastics and the seat. Sell em to you cheap!

Hey man! Could you shoot me a picture of what you have and a price shipped? I'm extremely interested!!! Thanks!

fastrnrik
12-22-2011, 11:16 AM
ok. shipped to where?

Slowprocess
12-22-2011, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by fastrnrik
ok. shipped to where?

Mississippi zip code is 38736

fastrnrik
12-22-2011, 03:37 PM
I will take some pics tomorrow. Give me your email or number to send pics to

Slowprocess