PDA

View Full Version : anyone riding in arkansas

redrider ex
12-07-2001, 03:13 PM
Any one riding in arkansas i live close to arkadelphia and i ride alot in magnet cove at Baroid. redrider ex

86atc250r
12-07-2001, 03:26 PM
We race in Arkansas quite a bit...

There are several riding areas.

Check out the Arkansas harescramble website (http://www.arkansasharescramble.com/) for racing and riding info...

Bspring
12-17-2001, 09:02 AM
I have been to several places in AR. It seams like the best are in the NW part of the state. Tell me about Magnet Cove, I have not heard of it.
Bill.

redrider ex
12-17-2001, 04:12 PM
Its a place that they use to mine clay out of the ground to use in drilling oil wells its in the foot hills of the mountains and people have been riding there for the last 15 years at least theres trails going every where and crystal clear ponds every where people go scooba diving in them . Theres this section were one of the ponds is at that you climb the ponds levie its a big hill climb there are 23 different ways to go up we spend most of our time there, or there is this trail we ride thats like a cross country course its about 2or3 miles long in a big circle we see who can get the best time on it for fun.

Bspring
12-18-2001, 03:33 PM
What is it like when it is wet? I am about 4 hours away but it does not sound like there is enough ridding there to justify the trip. I have been to Mena and several places around there, along with a few visits to St. Joe and Chadwick MO.

redrider ex
12-18-2001, 05:03 PM
It's got some muddy sections but the place where we hill climb does not get muddy , trust me to me its worth the trip its 50 miles one way from me and i go every weekend.I love mena's
wolf pen gap.

Bspring
12-19-2001, 08:06 AM
I was told they closed Wolf Pen last year due to all the trees that fell over the trails. Is that true?

redrider ex
12-19-2001, 05:16 PM
Yes they closed it for 2001 but its suppose to reopen in the spring of 2002 and when it does i'll be there.Oh ye there is a new place opening up in hot springs jan. 1st i forgot the name but its got 1248 acres with a race track and sections for 4 wheele drives
and hill climbs .

Bspring
12-20-2001, 07:29 AM
I will make the trip for the new place. When do you plan on going? I would like to get your opinion before I go.
Bill

redrider ex
12-20-2001, 07:37 AM
Im going this weekend and next weekend if its not pooring down rain or anything.

12-24-2001, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by redrider ex
Any one riding in arkansas i live close to arkadelphia and i ride alot in magnet cove at Baroid. redrider ex

we ride in southern mo looking for places in ar were is baroid it sound like fun but cant find it did you ride at the new one at hot springs yet i live close to branson there are a few places around here but always looking for more

redrider ex
12-24-2001, 09:22 AM
Bariod is in Magnet cove its just a few miles from Malvern
Im going to the new place in hot springs this coming up weekend.

Bspring
12-26-2001, 08:07 AM
I can ride on the 27th, 28th, and the 29th. I have a poker ride on the 30th that I would like to go to. Is anyone riding on Thursday or Friday?

redrider ex
12-26-2001, 08:36 AM
I'll be riding some where im off till the 2nd of jan.

Bspring
12-26-2001, 09:53 AM
What is your phone number? If you would like to hook up I will give you a call and discuss the details. I will need directions.
Bill Springfield

12-26-2001, 11:33 AM
if you all get together on a date i may make a trip usually there is 4 of us that ride all the time we'll come down i would like to check out magnet cove for sure we are riding sunday for sure but haven't decided where

Bspring
12-26-2001, 12:43 PM
8UP we will be riding Friday. I will drive into Little Rock Friday morning and give Redrider a call at that time for directions. If you can make it let one of us know.

redrider ex
12-26-2001, 02:13 PM
That would be great come on down and ride . im going riding right now on a 600 acre farm on the river be back later.

12-26-2001, 05:33 PM
it looks like we are going to ride friday for sure 3 of us possibly 4 we'll need to get together and find out what time and you are riding at the new spot at hot springs right i will have to get your'e number so we can get it all taken care of

redrider ex
12-26-2001, 06:13 PM
email me and send your number and i will call you if you want.

redrider ex
12-28-2001, 07:58 PM
well i had a good time and i hope you did too and i hope you liked Bariod im glad no one got hurt besides the 350x and 400ex but i think they will be alright just poor some yegermister in the gas tank haha talk to you later, redrider ex

12-31-2001, 08:25 AM
me and 350 x were a little sore the next day but the yeger was wearing off we got to hot springs and tried to run then out of yeger but they kept bringing more.had a good time want to come down after you ckeck out the new place got picts back had some good ones of bsprings bike in the air on widow maker!!talkacha later , thanks 8up!

redrider ex
01-10-2002, 07:14 PM
is anyone else riding this weekend ?

Bspring
01-11-2002, 07:31 AM
Holly Springs National Forest in North Mississippi this weekend and Land Between The Lakes in Kentucky next weekend.

redrider ex
01-11-2002, 07:34 AM
what is it like at holly spings ? and did you get your wives swing arm fixed

Bspring
01-11-2002, 07:58 AM
Holly Springs is all dirt, no rock in sight. The trails are for the most part tighter than the ones you took us on. The hills are rolling; nothing that would cause anyone a problem so speed is usually the challenge. There are no open spaces – all woods some mud, and some off camber. It is not near as fun or challenging as Land Between The Lakes but it is free.

The swing arm is fixed. We will see if it will hold this weekend. If not I will get her an aftermarket one.

Let me know if you want to come. If you can only do one next week would be my pick.

redrider ex
01-11-2002, 08:56 AM
how far is land between the lakes from you? I think i will go over to broken bow ok. tomorow there is supose to be a trail system over there and it's only about 90 miles from here.
How far do you think it would be from here to land between the lakes i am 45 miles south of malvern.

Bspring
01-11-2002, 12:44 PM
350 Miles and 6 hours from Little Rock according to MSN’s map page. It is a 3.5 to 4 hour drive for me. Pro GNC racer Joe Byrd invited me to bring any of my friends by his house on the way. He may even get to go with us but I would say that was a 30% chance. I am off that Monday so we will probably stay an extra day. There are Hotels close by or you can camp. So far we have about 15 riders of various skill levels lined up for this trip. It would be a good one to make.

redrider ex
01-12-2002, 05:15 PM
today and rode there was about two hundred people riding
had a good time.

Bspring
01-14-2002, 08:44 AM
Redrider ex, have you been to the new place yet?

redrider ex
01-14-2002, 02:58 PM
I'm probly not going to i emailed the place for imformation and the guy emailed me back and said that it cost $25 dollars to park and another $20 dollars to ride for one day thats alot of money for me i might go if my buddy wants to but i don't know plus it has'nt even opened yet the guy said they were behined on opening it up and its going to open this coming satarday the 19th
oh yea and if you want to come and ride in a jeep or 4x4 it cost
$78 bucks thats a little high i think . Hey went to bariod sat and sunday had a good time .

Razorback
02-04-2002, 01:56 PM
hey redrider, do you know if there is a website with info on that new area in hot springs? i live in the Dallas area, but my in-laws are in DeQueen, so hot springs would be easy for me to get to.

also, do you know for sure if wolf pen gap is going to be open? i've heard a lot of good things about this place and was wanting to go there this year.

thanks.

redrider ex
02-04-2002, 06:31 PM
I for got the name its something like ORV super lift park i had a flyer that had the name and imformation on it . I emailed them and they told me that it was $25.00 to park and $15 dollars to ride and it is 1248 acres of land and it has hill climbs and there supose to be building a track there to but i'll tell you what if you want to go to my favorite place to ride and its free its called Baroid mines they mine clay out of the ground but the section where we ride theres no clay on the ground it has small pieces of shale all over and there are enough trails to ride all day but when we go up there which is every week end we ride in the same spot all day there are these big hills that we climb there are 23 different ways to the top and we get a running strat and shoot up the hills , we were up there satarday and sunday and both days there were about 200 people there riding and watching us it was a blast i promise you if you come you will like it its about 4 miles from Malvern on I 30 let me know if you want to come.

Bspring
02-05-2002, 07:38 AM
Try www.orvpark.com

Razorback
02-05-2002, 09:10 AM
bspring - thanks for the link

redrider - i'll definitely take you up on that sometime. i don't know when i'll make it up that direction, buy i'll contact you when i do. sounds like a great place to ride.

redrider ex
02-09-2002, 10:33 AM
Me and 3 of my buddys are going to bariod today and we are camping out tonight and riding allday tommorow thought you might want to come.

Bspring
02-11-2002, 08:10 AM
I did not get to ride this weekend, but we are planning on going to Land Between The Lakes on the 16th. Let me know if any of you can come.