PDA

View Full Version : College Basketball Fans....

cheetah
02-28-2003, 01:50 AM
Well the season is almost over with only a few games left for most teams. So who's looking to make the final four? My picks are :
Arizona
Kentucky
Texas
Kansas

I'm a die hard UK fan so I'm pulling for them as hard as I can. We're sitting on a pretty good 17 game win streak and undefeated in the toughest conference in the nation. I think it's anybody's race though. So what do you other college fans think?

Striker49
02-28-2003, 01:54 AM
KY. This is actually the first year ive supported them somewhat since Tubby came in. This is his first year to actually have a good team, now that he got Saul out of there. The only reason he won the title the first year he was there was b/c of Pitinos boys.

This year, looks like UK could pull it off. :)

cheetah
02-28-2003, 02:00 AM
If Tubby has finally got the wheel rolling and can keep it together, I say keep Tubby as long as he will stay. He is playing the best defense I have seen in my lifetime. I really believe they will pull it off this year. Ky-Zona for the championship. I just hope we get some good recruits because if we lose Camara and Estill, where is our big game presence? Oh well, let's just bring the trophy back this year and worry about the next one later.

luvmyex
02-28-2003, 02:06 AM
I have to say the ACC is the thoughest div.Especially before Dean Smith retired.My poor ol tar heels aint squat no more though.But there is still Duke,Wake forrest,Maryland all in the top 15.Not sure where NC state is sitting,But they have done better this year.And i agree Uk is strong this year.

cheetah
02-28-2003, 02:09 AM
They said statistically SEC is tougher. But I would rank Big VII at the top. That is an extremely tough conference, I still say SEC is tougher than ACC. We have Florida, Ky, Georgia, Alabama, Miss. St, etc. Some may be struggling right now, but they are all tough as nails it's just hard to win against each other. It's a personal opinion though.

Ben
02-28-2003, 02:10 AM
Kentucky is going all the way! :D :D The ACC is not even close to the best or toughest conference this year - it is the SEC followed by the Big 12. Virginia and UNC are just pitiful this year and that kills the ACC. I think Oklahoma is going to go far as well and I think Syracuse could make a decent run as well. But UK is going to win it all :macho

zephead400ex
02-28-2003, 02:31 AM
KU will choke like they do every year!

DUKE!!!

kentuckycat
02-28-2003, 02:42 AM
Kentucky has what it takes to go the distance. Everyone was tooting Louisville's horn for a while there, but they're a fraud. 4 losses out of the last 5 games proves that there's only ONE real basketball school in KY! If Estill graduates this semester, he'll be coming back for his extra year of eligibility next season. Whether or not they win it this year, that should make them one of the preseason favorites. Mark my words: Hayes and Daniels are going to be superstars, either next year or the year after. As for the SEC vs. ACC, the SEC is looking to send 7 teams to the tourney. The ACC will be lucky to get 4 there.

Ben
02-28-2003, 02:47 AM
Yep I sure loved watching Louisville get creamed tonight at home. What a joke their high rank was/is - if they didn't play such creampuff schools in such an easy conference they probably wouldn't even be ranked. :rolleyes:

Ben

kentuckycat
02-28-2003, 02:52 AM
Yeah, everyone around here was talking about a UK - UL final. I knew that wouldn't happen. Like you said, they have a creampuff schedule and a crappy conference. They may make it to the sweet 16, but not much further.

remlapr
02-28-2003, 03:11 AM
Nooooo :eek: :eek: :eek:

This place is infested with Hard Core UK fans. :D :D

I just got back from watching my beloved Cards fall. I'm a die hard UofL fan - I have season football and basketball ticks. Hey Ben, I hope being a Cards fan isn't grounds for getting banning around here :D :D

own2424
02-28-2003, 11:44 AM
Texas...Arizona...Kentucky...Syracuse
I was gonna sneek Pitt of ND in there somewhere, but they just dont have what it takes to win it. I think AZ will most likely take it home, if not then the Horns will seal the deal!

02-28-2003, 11:53 AM
Go Cats

spincr4hire
02-28-2003, 11:58 AM
Luvmyex...ACC the toughest conference?? are you smoking crack?:rolleyes:
1) SEC
2) Big 12
3) ACC/Big East tie

Final Four:

Kentucky
Florida
Oklahoma
Arizona

The bad thing is, even if UK brings home a championship, all the UK haters (UofL fans) will say "UK is number one in the nation, but number 2 in the state":rolleyes:

BornOnFire
02-28-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Kentucky is going all the way! :D :D The ACC is not even close to the best or toughest conference this year - it is the SEC followed by the Big 12. Virginia and UNC are just pitiful this year and that kills the ACC. I think Oklahoma is going to go far as well and I think Syracuse could make a decent run as well. But UK is going to win it all :macho

You want to put some money on that Ben?:D I tell you what, if Arizona wins, I get an Ex Riders shirt and a sticker. If they loose to KY I will buy a shirt and a sticker and post a thread that "Arizona got spanked by KY?" Deal???:confused:

By the way, I wear an XL....LOL

zephead400ex
02-28-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by spincr4hire
Luvmyex...ACC the toughest conference?? are you smoking crack?:rolleyes:
1) SEC
2) Big 12
3) ACC/Big East tie

Final Four:

Kentucky
Florida
Oklahoma
Arizona

The bad thing is, even if UK brings home a championship, all the UK haters (UofL fans) will say "UK is number one in the nation, but number 2 in the state":rolleyes:

ACC not the hardest conference? are YOU smoking crack?
Duke, Wake Forest, Maryland, North Carolina, NC State...that doesnt look like a tough conference to me?

not flaming, just stating facts:eek:

spincr4hire
02-28-2003, 05:53 PM
UNC, you have got to be kidding me...UK has stomped them the past 3 years by an average of 20 points. They ain't even going to make the tourney this year, good luck getting into the NIT.
Who is your team, BTW, or are you a band-wagon fan like most?

400exTN
02-28-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Ben
if they didn't play such creampuff schools in such an easy conference they probably wouldn't even be ranked.

Not so, C-USA has three top 25 teams(Marquette, Memphis and Louisville) Cincinnati plays Memphis tomorrow and with a win could move into the top 25. Depaul is a long shot but still a possible bubble team. If Memphis stays and Cinci moves in the the rankings that is four top 25 teams in one conference. Other than the SEC or ACC who else has four teams in the top 25 with a possible at large bid, Depaul. Louisville is on their way out losing 4 out of their last 5 but they do have quality wins against 14 Kentucky, Tennessee(possible bubble team), 20 Indiana and 11 Marquette. Just looking for a little respect for Conference USA since my Memphis Tigers are in there.

Final Four: Arizona, Kentucky, Texas and Oklahoma.
Kansas will fold early as nomral. It doesn't help them losing Simien for the remainder of the year. Louisville doesn't have a chance with the way their playing plus losing Myles to the knee injury last night and Stokes' NCAA troubles. Hopefully, my Memphis Tigers(reigning NIT champs) will have a respectable showing and not fold as they have in the past. Go Tigers!

own2424
02-28-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by 400exTN
Hopefully, my Memphis Tigers(reigning NIT champs) will have a respectable showing and not fold as they have in the past. Go Tigers! Only reason they are reigning champs is because of a NJ NATIVE froM Camden....Dejuan Wagner

400exTN
02-28-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by own2424
Only reason they are reigning champs is because of a NJ NATIVE froM Camden....Dejuan Wagner

I'll agree but disagree. Wagner was our team last year. We lost two guys last year, Wagner and Kelly Wise. This years team is out performing last years by far and we lost three players to the NBA. Wagner who everyone knew would leave, Amare Stoudemire who signed but declared for the draft(right decision) and Quyntel Woods who also signed but declared for the draft. As good as Wagner is/was he didn't get us to the NCAA tournament.

Ben
02-28-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by 400exTN
Originally posted by own2424
Only reason they are reigning champs is because of a NJ NATIVE froM Camden....Dejuan Wagner

I'll agree but disagree. Wagner was our team last year. We lost two guys last year, Wagner and Kelly Wise. This years team is out performing last years by far and we lost three players to the NBA. Wagner who everyone knew would leave, Amare Stoudemire who signed but declared for the draft(right decision) and Quyntel Woods who also signed but declared for the draft. As good as Wagner is/was he didn't get us to the NCAA tournament.

I agree - Wagner didn't do much for Memphis except distract everyone from their longterm goals (i.e. after Wagner left at the end of the year). He was good but he wasn't good enough to get them into the NCAA tournment and everyone just kind of rode his back. Now that he's gone Memphis will actually play like a team again. I firmly believe Memphis would have been better off without him. As long as Memphis beats Louisville consistantly I'll be rooting for them! :blah

400exTN
02-28-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Ben
As long as Memphis beats Louisville consistantly I'll be rooting for them!

We'll take all the support we can get!

Bart
02-28-2003, 07:23 PM
Did I miss something? Didn't Louisville spank Kentucky earlier this season? Now Louisville is considered overrated and not any good?

Go Bearcats!!! Time to make up for all of the years when they had great regular seasons and early exists in the NCAA.

bakerboyz
02-28-2003, 07:28 PM
Watch out all. Seton Hall is on an 8 game winning steak throught the Big East. Go Pirates!!!

Ben
02-28-2003, 07:35 PM
Yep UK lost to Louisville early in the season when UK was still finding its legs. I suppose you would also say that Alabama is still the #2 team in the country right now because it was back in late December during the UK/UL game? Alabama is now a joke. Teams grow and teams deteriorate - UK grew and UL is dying :eek2: The Bearcats haven't been anything to watch sense Kenyon Martin left them ;)

:D Ben

cheetah
03-01-2003, 02:58 AM
I agree Hayes and Daniels will be stars at UK, but after Estill and even on the bench we will need someone else who can step forward as a true center. Hayes and Daniels are superb, at the FW position. They lack the size to be a true center. As far as Memphis and Marquette, they are ranked because they play creampuffs as well. Stick Memphis, Marquette, or Louisville in the SEC or Big 12, and they we be somewhere near the very bottom. As far as the UL loss, Hawkins was out at that time and Daniels was just getting back ( I believe). If you watch Ky quite a bit then you know how important these two are to Ky. But a loss is a loss and **** happens, it's part of the game, I'm not gonna whine and make excuses. Just think though, if Ky would've pulled off that win, how big would the streak be?:devil