View Full Version : Spend Major $$$ And Now Clutch Problem!!!

ohsolow69
12-17-2011, 02:52 PM
Hey guys got an '86 lonestar R and just got a hinson clutch basket, ebc clutch and springs, new inner hub, nut, and lock washer, and the 89 outer hub kit. Ive got a magura hydro clutch. Put it all together and now the clutch doesnt fully disengage. The hydro clutch worked fine before the clutch rebuild. When riding the clutch doesnt slip and with the lever pulled in its not disengaging all the way, it just starts to slip a little. Please help with any advice thanks!

deathman53
12-17-2011, 03:11 PM
you put something together wrong. Get a factory or cylmer manual take it apart and go back step-by-step to the manual.

markk
12-17-2011, 03:43 PM
X2 or mabey try and make sure the hydro clutch is completly blead

mx91a
12-17-2011, 04:49 PM
Did you order the whole 89 upgrade kit or piece it together? The reason I ask is because there is a thrust washer that goes between the needle bearing and pressure plate that isn't on the schematic. Make sure it is there and in the right place. Also make sure the pushrod is the correct length and the actuator is not worn out where it pushes on the rod.

ohsolow69
12-17-2011, 05:09 PM
Ive had the clutch apart many times and yes have a manual, im 100% sure its right, the magura is bled, and yea i have the thrust washer between the bearing and pressure plate, i had the similar prob on my old 400ex while putting in an ebc clutch so i put the old springs in and it was fine. Could it be the ebc springs again? Anyone else use an ebc clutch and have this problem?

mx91a
12-17-2011, 05:32 PM
It could be the springs the coils could be touching each other when you actuate the clutch not allowing for full disengagement. Back off the spring bolts a couple turns and see if you get full disengagement then and you will know it is the springs.

deathman53
12-18-2011, 07:03 AM
did you try it w/ a cable clutch?

Honda 250r 001
12-20-2011, 12:57 PM
We had the same problem with my buddies YZ 125, I assume those are stiffer springs? Well there also thicker. The springs were too thick to fit, and it didnt allow the pressure plate to fully press against the plates. Im guessing you are having the same problem. Id try different springs first, or atleast measure them and confirm that they are the correct size.