PDA

View Full Version : new apex owner

flooringit
12-16-2011, 08:26 PM
Well I just bought a 2006 apex 100lc mx hasnt been rode in 2 years and a 9 year old girl was the owner.
Im wondering are all the apex motors the same I want to buy a few spare parts and not sure,
the quad has a 1.5 inch extended swingarm on it and a after market intake, slight port job, and different reeds. the clutch needs rebuilt but he gave me all the parts brand new for it. I know some on the clutches I used to drag race snowmobiles.Any advice pn weights and rollers and such/? I seen there different engagment springs ill get the 1500-2000 im assuming you want more weight and spring for one your riding in the sand dunes.
I seen a 08 cylinder ported by hetrick with pistonand rings on here for sale I pm'd him id like those if theyll fit.
any other tips are appreciated

flooringit
12-17-2011, 07:00 PM
34 viewws and no advice? surely someone has something to add

o4twinpeaks
12-17-2011, 07:15 PM
On the apex 100 you should have a 53mm bore and 45 stroke crank. If you are looking at the cyl I think you are its off a 90 and your bore is different. Port timing will be off with the longer stroke.

Info you need to know

crank is a lg spline (90)clutch But a small taper on the flywheel side.

We use an overange so our clutch set up wont work for you. These are torque motors so heavy weights imo.

Get your self a tach. Will help greatly with clutch set up.

PM if you need more info

flooringit
12-17-2011, 07:37 PM
the cylinder I was looking at said it was a 100 cylinder lc. What rpm range do these things make power at. I already got a tach for it just waiting on quad to get here. Ill have to get a spec sheet to see whats in it now.

o4twinpeaks
12-17-2011, 08:11 PM
With porting and pipe my clutch hits at 6200 and he turns 11700 on our 300' runs. above 12000 hp drops off on mine but that's the way its ported and the pipe that I'm running.

If you are doing the sand thing I have a set of paddles that will be looking for a new home. 5 paddle gliders I need more paddles for the racing we do.

nordic quad
12-18-2011, 05:14 AM
http://apexatv.com/#

Go to tech support and troubleshoot you will find some ballpark info.If you have a LC engine.The newer engines are basicaly the same internaly but they come with slipper sprocket and reversed intake etc.
Stein A

flooringit
02-24-2012, 07:02 PM
so a 2000 spring in front and a 1500 in the rear, got the quad today is takes off slow but pulls good on top im sure its missing the shims, i thought the spring combo is stock? Any ideas
quad has a fmf fatty pipe on it, any one know where the jetting should be? im gonna take carb off to clean it tomorrow, right now it idles a little low and stalls out after a few minutes, leaks fuel from the bowl plug. Im sure its dirty.

selbygirl
02-25-2012, 08:13 AM
you may mave a weak torq spring if you have slow start . or your roller wgts are to heavy . you can take one or two rollers out and do a test run . but just a test run . back wen my son use to race 50 cc we would go threw a lot of springs .i would lighten up on the rollers ever so often to get longer life out of the spring . thats back wen he was bliping the throttle on the track .he sounded like the grave digger on the track, but now he is full throtlle from start to finish and a well vented cvt cover . and now the springs last a lot longer

flooringit
02-25-2012, 08:27 AM
Ok. I'll try it. Makes sense. I was gonna order some new springs and weight also. Where's the best place to buy parts? I'm gonna get it running good then put a ported cylinder on it I think. It's ginna take the kid a few rides to get used to this. It's way faster then his ds90 (pos) was. I was reading people drill the shoes a little to lighten them. Ever try that?

selbygirl
02-25-2012, 09:02 AM
we get all our stuff from hot quads , realy good peaple, and there tech help is golden . go to there web sight and e mail marc www.miniquadsracing.com

farmboyquad
06-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Hey...I know this is a bit late but if you go to www.recmotor.com and click on RecTech Tools, you'll find a mini tach that's actually affordable and a tool for testing springs. If you go to youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSR04OjP6fU you can see the tool being used.