PDA

View Full Version : What kind of pc do you have?

honda400ex2003
12-16-2011, 06:46 PM
Lets here it, see pics of it, specs on it, whatever you have. Was just on the laptop forum i belong to and thought it might be cool to see what my fellow exrider peeps are running for brands and such.

steve

honda400ex2003
12-16-2011, 06:50 PM
My setup:

finsteratv
12-16-2011, 07:17 PM
alienwares comps. are sweet!

Kickstarts-suck
12-16-2011, 07:41 PM
I have a IMac now :macho

Drfat400ex
12-16-2011, 07:49 PM
I have a dell, and it ******* sucks!!! We've always ran dells and they always screw up! It doesn't let me type on facebook all of a sudden, can't save videos onto my computer that are over like 2 minutes, sometimes it takes 10 minutes to get the internet up, it always freezes or the internet locks up, slow as hell when you're finnally on the internet, if you open files like my videos or my pictures it often temperarily freezes for 3 or 4 minutes, and it takes 1 HOUR after you start it to use it otherwise it freezes up and you have to wait even longer. POS don't buy a dell!

CJM
12-16-2011, 08:17 PM
^ That aint your dell man, its some sort of virus/malware or your pc is so full of crap its bogged down.

I chose "other" I build my own desktops and have been doing so for years.

I did have (this is older since I dont do much besides write papers and surf the net these days) till it blew up due to an electrical storm: Intel P4 800fsb 3.4ghz overclocked to 3.8ghz, 2gb ram, ati radeon x800 pro oc, intel based board, etc.

Now Im running my old desktop: asus intel based 865 chipset, P4 2.66 oc to 3.2ghz, 1gb ram, radeon 9800 pro gfx, etc.

I used to play ALOT of online FPS games competitively, but got so sick of it to this day I can hardly play one for long even on xbox. So the above works fine for me. I did have a nice super duper laptop from 2004 that was like 2500 I paid 1800 since I worked for a pc store at the time, but the integrated gfx blew and good luck finding a board these days for it.

I NEVER buy brandname, no point when I can build 3x the pc with better parts for 1/4 the cost. 800 bucks can build me something that will be so advanced it will last for years, my gears a testament to that lol.. What I would like is a netbook tethered to my phone carrier, but I dont want to pay the internet charges they are $$$$

Steve, your setups impressive.. bet it cost a bundle lol//

Drfat400ex
12-16-2011, 08:29 PM
^Well whatever the hell is wrong with it I'm getting pretty sick of it.

CJM
12-16-2011, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Drfat400ex
^Well whatever the hell is wrong with it I'm getting pretty sick of it.

Format it man, dell comes with rescue discs built in usually. Just need to figure out how to activate them-that or there are actual discs to do it. Returns the pooter to factory specs and deletes all your stuff-so save your stuff on a disc or something before you attempt it.

OldGuyonaQuad
12-17-2011, 08:46 AM
try spybot search & destroy, it's free and better then most similar programs that charge $30-$40.

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html

Honda#4
12-17-2011, 10:05 AM
I like my HP for running my Autodesk programs but the processor capabilities is getting maxed out because I do alot of rendering. I plan on building a render farm sometime soon if more money would come my way.