PDA

View Full Version : LT80 no fuel in cylinder, but carb has fuel.

handbuiltxj
12-16-2011, 10:36 AM
I recently picked up another LT80, got it to run for a day, then 3 days later no start.
The carb has been cleaned thoroughly multiple times, and the float is operating fine.
The bowl fills with fuel as it is supposed to.
The pitcock has been gutted and an on/off in-line valve installed.
New fuel line/fuel filter.
New plug, with plenty of spark.
Freshly cleaned and oiled foam air filter.

If i pour fuel directly into cylinder, it runs until it is gone.
Piston can not pull fuel into cylinder and get the spark plug wet, even iwth the choke on.
Maybe I over oiled the air filter, could that cause this?

Thank you ahead of time for your replies.

John

chunky0071
12-16-2011, 02:06 PM
Crank seals !

handbuiltxj
12-17-2011, 12:24 AM
I think I found the culprit, the o ring between carb and isolator was missing. :mad: . I replaced that, soaked the carb in dip, and replaced jets seals and springs. And inspected the reed cage. Fired right up.... Taking it to desert tomorrow for testing. Hopefully crank seals are ok.

LT80
12-17-2011, 08:08 AM
Have fun in the sand.
Wish I could be there with you! :)

handbuiltxj
12-19-2011, 12:45 AM
Well bike ran beautifully, my boy appreciates it compared to his trx70.
Question though, at top end, half throttle and full throttle seem the same, what I mean is once it is up to full speed, you can back the throttle down to half without losing any speed, that tells me that there is more potential if let it breathe better out the exhaust. Any thoughts?

LT80
12-19-2011, 07:24 AM
Remove the bolt in the bottom of the pipe.

handbuiltxj
03-12-2012, 11:52 AM
I removed the bolt, but did not notice much difference besides the carbon flying out, lol. Any wayz, too many projects have piled up, since the 99 is running i need to leave it alone. The 87 i found that the piston was installed backwards so new piston and cylinder got ordered (I will be send my old stuff to you jack so I have ready spares on the shelf). Tore the 87 down to the frame for a complete rebuild. My 125 fourtrax overheated last weekend and now won't run. arg, too many projects..