PDA

View Full Version : 450r carb jet question

caseywoods5
12-15-2011, 05:21 PM
hey guys i just got my 05 450r carb and ZRPilot adapter in the mail today. i still need to get a throttle cable (going to get steel braided one for it) and jets. i was looking at getting the jet kit from jets r us along with a 50 and 52 pilot. are there any other jets i should think about getting as well? thanks in advance!

CJM
12-15-2011, 06:15 PM
Usually with the 450r carb you can jetit approx 1 size richer or leaner than the stock carb, and it uses the same jets. BUT sometimes it needs to be quite rich, it depends on your setup. Id buy a jet kit for an 04-05 450r carb off jetsrus so you have all the sizes.

zrpilot
12-15-2011, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Usually with the 450r carb you can jetit approx 1 size richer or leaner than the stock carb, and it uses the same jets. BUT sometimes it needs to be quite rich, it depends on your setup. Id buy a jet kit for an 04-05 450r carb off jetsrus so you have all the sizes.
Even more important is the needle position, read the sticky I posted about Jetting and tuning (the first one).. But I would start like the following: Main 165, Needle on the 4th notch, and a 52 pilot. Make sure the hot start is plugged correctly, as this is the biggest mistake people make when upgrading to the 450R carb

caseywoods5
12-15-2011, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by zrpilot
Even more important is the needle position, read the sticky I posted about Jetting and tuning (the first one).. But I would start like the following: Main 165, Needle on the 4th notch, and a 52 pilot. Make sure the hot start is plugged correctly, as this is the biggest mistake people make when upgrading to the 450R carb

alright thanks alot! also, do i have to plug the hotstart? is there any way i could use the hotstart? and, the jetsrus kit will come with all the jets i could possibly need other than the seperate 52 (and maybe 50) pilot i would need?

CJM
12-15-2011, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by caseywoods5
alright thanks alot! also, do i have to plug the hotstart? is there any way i could use the hotstart? and, the jetsrus kit will come with all the jets i could possibly need other than the seperate 52 (and maybe 50) pilot i would need?

Gotta plug the hotstart unless you want to put the cable on there. I dont think it would help much on a non kickstart bike.

The jetsrus kit should have everything you need.

The hotstart parts can be bought at any dealer or place that carries oem parts.