PDA

View Full Version : Headed southbound 12/25-12/31. Where to Ride?

neveready
12-15-2011, 12:49 PM
We are headed south to florida the week between Christmas and New Years.

Original intentions were to run the SSQSA race New Years weekend and its now cancelled.

This trip was what the boys wanted for christmas.....so does anyone know of any other races and/or tracks to ride during then??

fastrnrik
12-15-2011, 02:35 PM
Not much going on down here that weekend. There's some of us from FL talking about going up to ride that weekend at Durhamtown in GA.
If you wanted to stay in FL, you could call Hard Rock & see if they'd be open that week or Bartow MX is open all that week for practice (except for Christmas & New Years Day)

edwardsp&b
12-16-2011, 07:24 AM
We are trying to get together a large crowd at Durhamtown for the 29,30,31. They have a awsome national track that is only for dirtbikes. But I think we have it pulled off that we can ride that track the days were up there. After the race got cancelled yesterday, Ive been in touch with about 8-10 mini parents that should be there. I think that cabins are close to being booked, and so are the power rv spots. But you can always dry camp and run the generator.

Should be a fun weekend.
Bryan

T@AFP
12-16-2011, 01:03 PM
You just gave me an idea.
We just bought 4ew snowmobiles to go riding that week in the U.P. of Michigan. Since there's no snow.......maybe we should head south on the quads too.

Keep the comments coming on where to ride.

Originally posted by neveready
We are headed south to florida the week between Christmas and New Years.

Original intentions were to run the SSQSA race New Years weekend and its now cancelled.

This trip was what the boys wanted for christmas.....so does anyone know of any other races and/or tracks to ride during then??

RCR_531
12-17-2011, 11:22 AM
We are thinking of hitting Eastbay Mx, and there are a lot of Tracks in the Tampa area. Sun Shine, Bartow,Dade and several more

neveready
12-17-2011, 11:53 AM
My boys have checked out a few tracks that are open, I hope we can find a group to at least practice with.

I dont care what area, so far the only planned thing is a fishing trip out of Ft. Myers on Friday the 30th

RCR_531
12-17-2011, 11:59 AM
Give Gary a call at G force he alway has riders that ride all the time in the Tampa area. We always find someone at the track to ride with while we are down there. I have been getting asked daily when will we be heading down there for pratice.

Baileygunns
12-17-2011, 05:29 PM
http://www.dirtyfootadventures.com/
http://www.dep.state.fl.us/gwt/guide/regions/westcentral/trails/with_croom_motor.htm

Also check out these forums...
http://www.tampabayridindirty.com/
http://atvflorida.com/

I lived in Florida for awhile... Can't say it's my favorite place to ride unless you like lots of track riding. Not a lot of free, legal trails to ride. Both of those forums have good local info on them and some pretty helpful people.

skyeryder
12-20-2011, 05:14 AM
Sooooo if we go to Durhamtown 29, 30, 1st approx how many mini's are going to be there, just curious

edwardsp&b
12-20-2011, 07:34 AM
From what Im hearing at least 6-10. I know of about 5 local riders that will be there. I think that 4 or 5 more might be coming from Fla. If Carson and Brocato come from Ala. there will be about 12. The more the better. Should be nice to be at a track hanging out with everybody.
Bryan

coffing918
12-21-2011, 07:46 AM
we are thinking about coming from New Jersey to Durahamtown that weekend , we would have JJ in the 70 mod--Lea in 90cvt Nick in 90mod and/or 400 class if they have one!.. we r really gunna try hard to make it! not 100% sure yet tho!

edwardsp&b
12-21-2011, 08:06 AM
Hey mrs coffing, its not a race. But we would love to have yall come down. Since the race got cancelled we figured to get alot quads together to ride, test and tune for a couple of days. Durhamtown is pretty booked up that weekend, but there are plenty of places to dry camp. Should be lots of fun.
Bryan

greenmachine70
12-27-2011, 06:06 PM
www.dirtyfootadventures.com
They will be opening the park from Friday until Monday.
Check their costs on their site.
1800acres of trails, 1.5 mile national MX track built by DreamTraxx,
300' national legal sand drag strip with lights and time slips, a quad cross track and all the trails are smooth unlike the other places in Florida. From Ft Myers its about 2hrs.
Camping is primitive, generators are allowed and there are 3 camp areas, the quiet one, the late night one and the all night one all separated by forest so the noise is no issue.
If your in Florida, this is the best place you can go and do everything in one place and legally.

neveready
01-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Well....I have to say you all missed out!!! We went to durhamtown Saturday and Sunday and it was GREAT!!! What an awesome facility, had a freestyle MX show saturday night followed by a new years party with live music and lots of good people.

We cant wait to go back!!

Helmet cam footage coming soon!

hwf-racing
01-04-2012, 07:58 PM
It was a great time!!! The weather couldn't have been better. Trails & Tracks were in good shape. We will be back after Pell...can't wait!!!!

greenmachine70
01-04-2012, 07:59 PM
I have never been to D-town but from what I hear and see in pics it is a must go destination for sure.
We were at DFA and the boys got to ride a track with Thomas Brown and then Chris Borich showed up and threw down some laps too. Looks like he is riding the YFZ now.
Lot of pros are hitting the track.

edwardsp&b
01-05-2012, 12:08 PM
Glad yall had a good time! We were there, but on the other side of the facility. I towed out Brocato when he broke down on Sat, and I thought I saw yall parked next to him. By the time you guys got there we had blown our motors, so we just joyrode the rest of the weekend. Maybe next time we can get everyone on track at the same time. Hope yall come back again.
Bryan