PDA

View Full Version : Differences between 08 & 09 KTM 525 XC? HELP!

Kiwikid
12-15-2011, 08:46 AM
Hi everyone.

I'm new to this site. I have a few questions that i'm hoping to get answered which will help in a decision on which year I should buy.

Are there any major differences between the 08 and 09 KTM 525XC atv's?

Are they both just as reliable etc..

The more information provided from all you fellow experienced riders, the better!

Thanks

:)

wildwheels22
12-17-2011, 10:47 AM
Not that I know of. I have a 09' KTM 525xc. I will tell you one thing that seems to be a problem from the factory. The header pipe and where the slip-on pipe meet both have spots that leak. It'll cause you to backfire. I think rtv was one remedy forthe slip-on part. For the header pipe you might have to get it welded. Also gonna have to rejet the carb. And I had to send out my shocks to rocket Ron to get revalved. Otherwise it's a rocketship. I just got tired of always wrenching on my 400ex. I still have my 400ex. I just have too much into the suspension, motor and tire/rim combo to let it go. My buddy rode the KTM and was really amazed with the power and handling. Good luck. Btw.. I paid 7g's for mine at murraysville , pa( near Pittsburg) don't pay the 8 or 9g's I see dealers still tryin to get rid of them.

Kiwikid
12-21-2011, 08:52 AM
Thanks mate.

Appreciate the advice!
On the hunt for the right bike atm.