PDA

View Full Version : Repacking exhaust (HMF)

jak1389
12-14-2011, 02:29 PM
hey everyone, this is my first time to repack an exhaust. i have looked up how to do everything and I'm stuck in one spot. all the rivets are filled and popped out, but now i am trying to hit the end cap side and the motor side of the muffler with no prevail. i know its going to be a pain since the carbon build up and heat, but do any of you know which side should pop off first? this is the hmf sport series muffler. thanks any help appreciated

~Jason

ride red 14
12-15-2011, 07:31 PM
doesn't matter which side comes out first. probably easier to grab the end that goes to headpipe and wiggle it free first. a little help from a deadblow hammer or a rubber mallet will probably be best.

bigbillg
12-16-2011, 05:05 AM
just send it back to hmf for a service it really dont cost much for them to do it

jak1389
12-16-2011, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by ride red 14
doesn't matter which side comes out first. probably easier to grab the end that goes to headpipe and wiggle it free first. a little help from a deadblow hammer or a rubber mallet will probably be best.

thanks, I'm going to give it a whack again today. hopefully won't be too much more of a struggle.

Originally posted by bigbillg
just send it back to hmf for a service it really dont cost much for them to do it

already have the packing, new rivets, and old are already drilled out. might as well see this through