PDA

View Full Version : 250r bogging and stalling...

livetoride249
12-13-2011, 08:48 PM
I think I may have a jetting issue but I just wanted to get some other input on the idea. I was riding today (i live in Maine, it was about 40 degrees F today) The pilots pretty big right now so its running really fat, but i had been riding for about 45 minutes, and all of i sudden i was at the top of 4th and it just started bogging and i lost all power and it finally died. At first I thought i was out of gas, checked it, i had half a tank. Then I thought i blew it up, pulled the plug, no metal shavings, but the plug was pretty nasty, checked my spark, it was still good. So i cleaned my plug as best as possible, stuck er back in, and kicked it over. Nothing happened. So i shut the gas off, turned the choke on, kicked it over a few times to get all the gas out of the carb. Turned the gas on, fired up first kick, got about 500 feet down the road and the same thing happened. So i repeated the gas off choke on, kick, gas on, kick, go. I believe it's jetting, maybe moisture in the gas tank, and a bad plug. Let me know what you guys think.

C-LEIGH RACING
12-14-2011, 09:37 AM
Could be something in the gas.
Pull the tank off & wash/clean it out, then pull the carb & clean it out. While your pulling the carb apart, do it in a clean area, kind of like a catch area, so when you pull the bowl off it will catch any trash should there be any in the bowl.

Water is heavier than gas, wont mix & will go to the bottom under gas.
I've seen bunch of times, where people normally put the vent hose down into the steering stem tube & the drain hole be stopped up at the bottom of the stem & the stem fill with water & trash & then the vent tube suck it up & into the tank.
When you dump the gas out of the tank, dump it in something clean & you should be able to see if any trash or water in the gas.
Neil

livetoride249
12-15-2011, 06:19 AM
Alright, sounds good I will do that. It's time to do a top end anyways I have a little over 20 hours on the one that's in it now. So i'm just gunna pull it apart and inspect everything. Put some cake into it and freshen it up a bit.

buck440
12-15-2011, 02:32 PM
sounds like a fouled plug. no matter how clean i get a fouled plug it never works again. i just use another plug and wala. i could also never cruise around and had to keep it in the high rpm's to keep it from fouling too.

put a new plug in and keep'er fast:)

HondaPohl
12-15-2011, 05:35 PM
X2 on the plug. Put a new one in and see what happens.

livetoride249
12-15-2011, 08:50 PM
haha the R's always wide open! that's only way to ride ;)