PDA

View Full Version : pulsar and flywheel advice

timothypantera
12-13-2011, 05:25 PM
Good evening looking for a answer on a issue with my 86 250r what i need to know is where the position of the flywheel tab should be when the motor is at tdc should it be before the pulsar coil or right under the pulsar or after the pulsar at tdc , mind you rotating the motor counter clockwise ant advise will be apreaciated. thankx

Honda 250r 001
12-14-2011, 11:24 AM
The tab on the flywheel should be just a little past the pickup tab. As long as the pickup is over the tab on the flywheel it should be pretty close. Because it sparks just before top dead center, at TDC it should be approx 2-3mm past the beginning of the tab on the flywheel i believe. (not 100% sure though.)

Now this is assuming that it fires on the first end of the flywheel tab instead of the last end.

What problems are you having? Do you think you may have sheered the flywheel key?

mx91a
12-14-2011, 11:55 AM
The 'T' mark on the flywheel should align with the index mark on the case when the piston is at TDC. What problems are you having?

timothypantera
12-15-2011, 08:30 PM
heres a pic of my flywheel and pulse trigger position and my pulser coil its about a inch away and the piston is at TDC. it likes to kick back, and backfire once in a while and hard starting timing is to advanced it seems, idk why on this forum every photo i try n put up it says its too big

timothypantera
12-18-2011, 05:09 AM
well it appears it was none of the things i was looking for help with, somthing pulled up from the lower end of my motor and killed a new cylinder and piston 2 weeks old 2 hours o it put a gouge in my cyl and demoed my piston 400$ down the drain i did a compresion test it had 140 thought that wasn't right all new parts pulled the top down and found all my new parts were destroyed i got to ride it 3 miles. so thanks for all your help you guys are great for trying to help it's very much apreaciated so thanks for all and merry x mas to you and yours.

C-LEIGH RACING
12-19-2011, 08:35 AM
What was done to the bottom end before you put the new cylinder & piston on.

What was wrong with the engine before, that you had to rebuild the top end.

You do know you can use either year cylinder, right.
Just because it is an 86 engine, dont mean you got to use the 86 jug.

You will need to use the 85/86 piston though, because of the short rod crankshaft.
Neil