PDA

View Full Version : need LT-Z 50 help please!!!!!!

tyler70t
12-13-2011, 04:19 PM
06 ltz50 bogging out Help Please!!!!!!
Here's the deal:
I bought an 06 LT-Z50 from a guy that only had about 20 minutes ride time on it. It has basically been sitting for like 5 yrs. So I drained the fuel, put a new plug in, put a new battery in it and took the carb off and cleaned it. The jets were clogged ( Main & pilot). Cleaned it up and actually replaced the pilot.
Started the quad and it runs but seemed to really bog. I smelled something like electrical getting hot so I shut it off. I looked near the exhaust and saw part of an o-ring sticking out so I took the intake off and a small piece of the oring is now missing.......I asume when the quad warmed up a little it may have sucked it in the motor but I am not sure.
Question is will not having an o-ring on the exhaust cause the quad to run crappy?
Someone help please because I have to have this thing running right before Christmas, it's my 6 year old daughter's present.

tyler70t
12-14-2011, 03:24 AM
Does anyone know if Suzuki puts a jumper on the CDI from the factory that needs to be removed?
This quad is running like our Predator 90 did when I bought it brand new. I called Polaris and they told me the factory puts a jumper on the CDI to limit the rpms and to remove it.
I'll have to check when I get home from work.:confused:

jfarrar30
12-14-2011, 05:55 PM
The factory rev limit is onlly like 5800 or something like that. It is way low. They have very little power. The 90 rev box will help some.

jfarrar30
12-14-2011, 06:08 PM
There is also a limiter on the clutch. If I remember right its just a spacer on front clutch

thequadfather+2
12-14-2011, 08:17 PM
Correct...my son started on that machine when he was 4. He rode it for about a year. The clutch has a spacer that limits the speed. Ours did not have a jumper on the CDI but as mentioned above the stock LTZ90 cdi will work and help the RPM's. If I am not mistaken some of those year models came with an exhaust restrictor which is inside the head pipe near the cylinder, looks like a washer. You can remove that if it has one. If you remove one roller from the front variator it will improve the torque and bottom end power. We ran it that way the entire time and never had an issue with anything.

let it run and warm up. put it on the stand and see if it runs ok. Try it with the choke off and then try it with the choke on. If the jets were clogged and the carb was in that bad it's probably still related to that. It may take several hours of good fuel and a heavy thumb. It sounds like its in the tuning

tyler70t
12-15-2011, 03:40 AM
Thanks guys,
I took the carb back off, cleaned it again. Took fuel lines off, cleaned them out , took the whole petcock assembly off and cleaned it all out. Replaced the o-ring on the exhaust and it fired right up and ran nicely.
I still want to clean the air filter just in case their are cobwebs in the airbox. Is there an easy way to get to that thing?