PDA

View Full Version : 06 ltz50 bogging out Help Please!!!!!!

tyler70t
12-13-2011, 04:17 PM
Here's the deal:
I bought an 06 LT-Z50 from a guy that only had about 20 minutes ride time on it. It has basically been sitting for like 5 yrs. So I drained the fuel, put a new plug in, put a new battery in it and took the carb off and cleaned it. The jets were clogged ( Main & pilot). Cleaned it up and actually replaced the pilot.
Started the quad and it runs but seemed to really bog. I smelled something like electrical getting hot so I shut it off. I looked near the exhaust and saw part of an o-ring sticking out so I took the intake off and a small piece of the oring is now missing.......I asume when the quad warmed up a little it may have sucked it in the motor but I am not sure.
Question is will not having an o-ring on the exhaust cause the quad to run crappy?
Someone help please because I have to have this thing running right before Christmas, it's my 6 year old daughter's present.

airmobile101
12-13-2011, 11:30 PM
Does it have a auto choke? That could be your issue.

tyler70t
12-14-2011, 03:21 AM
The choke is manual.
Does Suzuki put a jumper on the CDI from the factory like Polaris that has to be removed?
Now that I think about it , it is running just like our brand new Predator 90 did when I got it home and I had to remove the jumper on the CDI and it ran great after that.

sandspanker
06-10-2012, 11:21 AM
What did you ever figure out on this hot rod? My neighbours lil 50 seems to be doing the same thing. He just picked it up

tyler70t
06-10-2012, 01:49 PM
I replaced the main & pilot, drained all fuel out of the tank, took the petcock off and cleaned it all out too. When I put it back together it ran like brand new!

sandspanker
06-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Ok thanks this one has been sitting for about 2 years. I'll check it out. Thanks again