PDA

View Full Version : "Magic Power Box" Regulator

Drfat400ex
12-12-2011, 09:57 PM
Does getting an aftermarket regulator really do anything for HP? They're on sale at royal distributing, so I figured if they accually do something why not test one out, this is what the ad says: "Without the Magic Power Box, when you throttle up your machine the battery output voltage is unstable; it changes between 11V and 15V, the spark energy is inconsistant and your machine lacks power. With the Magic Power Box installed the output voltage of your machine will be almost 100% stable. Your machine can then reach maximum power." It also says:
-Increases power and torque. Quickens throttle response.
-Improves fuel efficiancy. Easier start and runs cleaner.
-Increases spark energy. Reduces fouling.
-Longer battery life. Brighter headlights.

Does it really do any of this stuff or is it just crap? And if it does do anything is there any downsides to these? Sorry to type up so much but I searched it and nothing useful came up, thanks.

01boneless
12-13-2011, 08:19 PM
lol its like the purple power band notta . it does nothing bro lol just a litte fake box.

Drfat400ex
12-14-2011, 07:09 PM
lol that's what I figured but it doesn't hurt to ask

HondaPohl
12-15-2011, 05:34 PM
snake oil. I remember the Roost boost.

deathman53
12-31-2011, 05:01 PM
impossible, 2 different power sources, its like amp link or roost boost, just junk to waste money on. Power to the coil has nothing to do w/ power to the reg or reg/rec for lighting power.