PDA

View Full Version : my truck radio doesnt work when i hit the brakes?

12-12-2011, 06:43 PM
It happened a while back, i would hit the brakes and my radio would lose signal. Then it started working fine and i didnt have anyproblems for a while. However, it just started doing it again yesterday and now it wont pick up signal again. Any ideas? Im guessing its a short somewhere.

HondaPohl
12-12-2011, 06:45 PM
loose signal or loose power. Some trucks lockout is turned off when you hit the brakes and could be a normally closed switch. If someone tapped off that wire for power, the radio could go off when the brakes are hit.

CJM
12-12-2011, 06:52 PM
Ground issue or a short. Check the radio wiring as well as the wiring for the brake pedal/switch area down there.

Chances are somethings either grounding or shorting out, possible loose and or exposed wires. Id start at the radio wiring and trace it back checking all connections and grounds. From there Id go down to the brake pedal area and check the switch by the bracket and then any wires around that area.

Id also check the grounds at the battery, frame and block if you still cant cure it

Honda4life05
12-12-2011, 08:12 PM
Better than your horn going off!

slightlybent47
12-12-2011, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Honda4life05
Better than your horn going off!

That would be funny. Wire someone’s break pedal to the horn.lol

CJM
12-12-2011, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47

Ive done that and Ive also tapped someones break pedal to the headlights. REALLY funny cause most cant figure out wtf is going on.

On another note one of the tow trucks I had had a speaker in the lightbar. I downloaded the ice cream song and played it over the speaker with the lights going and pulled up to my bosses house and I even had ice cream bars. he about crapped his pants he laughed so hard.

madsmokey12
12-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47

lol that would be funny.. nothing worse then your horn going off.. i remember i went to Lowes once and i was driving our old dakota and the horn just started going off in the parking lot.. it was going off for atleast 5 mins and then i made my worker shut it off lmao

wilkin250r
12-12-2011, 09:41 PM
I had a car with some sort of short in it, and the horn would honk every time you turned the wheel to the left.

MX MaNiAc 06
12-13-2011, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
I had a car with some sort of short in it, and the horn would honk every time you turned the wheel to the left.

Hahahahaha id be so annoyed