PDA

View Full Version : Raptor 125 ?

jay67
12-12-2011, 12:57 PM
Just got a 125 last weekend and was wondering what mods people are doing and what they are using? My boy will be racing mx with it.

yfzfelix
12-12-2011, 04:55 PM
I just bought a new one as well, I think I am going with the DRD pipe and probably the web cam because it is listed as over all power increase, going to do a piston and some port work, I did buy a set of CFM performance air shrouds, the are listed for the 250 Raptor but bolt rite up to the 125, I figured anything that will direct more air to the engine is a good thing, also looking at rev boxes but have not made my decision which one yet, Steve

jay67
12-13-2011, 09:25 AM
Just wondering were you getting the info on these? I have hmf full exhaust with a mod airbox also looking to get a Cdi box. Were did you find the shouds and cam. Thanks

yfzfelix
12-13-2011, 08:41 PM
cfmperformanceatv.com go to the Yamaha section and click on the 250 Raptor section to see the air shrouds,

for the cams you can go to the GT thunder website, they have 2 listed, Hot Cams also has a cam that is listed as a mid to high rpm cam, web camshafts has one listed as an "overall" cam, if you look under raptor 125 for a cam you will find nothing, the engine is the same as used in the dirtbike so you need to look under ttR125, Steve

dgmiller
12-14-2011, 08:46 AM
I just bought one for my daughter she will be racing xc my question is what suspension is everybody using?

yfzfelix
12-18-2011, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by dgmiller
I just bought one for my daughter she will be racing xc my question is what suspension is everybody using?

check the thread just below this one