PDA

View Full Version : Chris Borich 2012

headache
12-11-2011, 07:29 PM
Anyone want to guess what he will be riding for the 2012 GNCC series? Since they have the production rules he won't be able to race the LTR450 because Suzuki isn't making it next year. Wonder if he will go back to a honda or maybe pick up a ride with another team?

finsteratv
12-11-2011, 07:41 PM
hmm maybe a Honda like he use to.. It'd be AWESOME to see him and wolf picked up by honda if they even cared about the 4wheeled side of the sport...

XCRacer236
12-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Yamaha..;)

Don't believe me? Just wait and see..

jacobw
12-11-2011, 09:26 PM
What is the rule for how current of model he has to run. It was a production model but according to the rules it doesnt say older models cant be used

tbrackman84
12-11-2011, 09:38 PM
i'd like to see him on a ktm, but i guess it's whatever company gives him the best deal, whichever company wants to win! haha

deathman53
12-12-2011, 03:33 AM
when will this production rule crap end? It seams it only came in the get rid of the 250r and 250r bases machines, when they made 450's. Now that they are slowing it down or stopping it, what are pro's supposed to race? How long will be it be in this economy until the big 4 stop making their 450's? I guess then we will return to the "wild west", then 250r, 250r hybrids and "current" models will be appearing w/ motors and such they weren't supposed to have. You will also be able to see bikes they don't look exactly alike also.

Pappy
12-12-2011, 04:37 AM
No inside info here, but rumors have him on a Yamaha. Should be interesting to see and a bit exciting to have a new ride in the mix up front with him at the controls.

HondaRacing83
12-12-2011, 05:11 AM
kawi

quad2xtreme
12-12-2011, 06:26 AM
Watched one of the ATV shows on television last night...they mentioned Yamaha.

As a side note, was nice to see Bill Ballance racing again. He got the holeshot award.

smr
12-12-2011, 06:27 AM
I know it's been said twice but Rumor has it that he will be on Blue next year.

450rdr424
12-12-2011, 07:10 AM
i saw of pic of him on a yamaha and mcgill on a honda down in florida.............

dxcody
12-12-2011, 07:19 AM
1. Borich - Yamaha There is a few pictures of him riding his yamaha in florida with McGill on his new honda.

2. McGill - privateer honda

3. Kiser - Ballance racing Yamaha

4. Bithell - Can Am

5. Fowler - Ballance Racing Yamaha quote from Fowler " yea with Ballance Racing/Yamaha again, not a killer deal but enough to go racing on!"

6. Wolf - GT Thunder Honda

7. Mcclure - National guard honda

8. Cook - Privateer Honda

9. Ockerman - not coming back for 2012 Though its not in stone, i talked to him and he said his return is doubtful since he just had a baby girl, and got married he wants to slow down for a while.

Borich hasnt signed a complete deal yet, but at the Ironman and Lorretta lynns and Yamaha was spotted in Borich's trailer.

Here is a pic of Borich and Mcgill riding in the daytona area last Tuesday.

Trust me fella's. I got the inside scoop from a VERY reliable source. :D

Scro
12-12-2011, 08:33 AM
It's going to be an exciting year for sure. I can't wait!

ZBlaster
12-12-2011, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by dxcody
1. Borich - Yamaha There is a few pictures of him riding his yamaha in florida with McGill on his new honda.

2. McGill - privateer honda

3. Kiser - Ballance racing Yamaha

4. Bithell - Can Am

5. Fowler - Ballance Racing Yamaha quote from Fowler " yea with Ballance Racing/Yamaha again, not a killer deal but enough to go racing on!"

6. Wolf - GT Thunder Honda

7. Mcclure - National guard honda

8. Cook - Privateer Honda

9. Ockerman - not coming back for 2012 Though its not in stone, i talked to him and he said his return is doubtful since he just had a baby girl, and got married he wants to slow down for a while.

Borich hasnt signed a complete deal yet, but at the Ironman and Lorretta lynns and Yamaha was spotted in Borich's trailer.

Here is a pic of Borich and Mcgill riding in the daytona area last Tuesday.

Trust me fella's. I got the inside scoop from a VERY reliable source. :D

Borich has been seen on a Yamaha, but nothing is set in stone yet. He owns one of every brand.

McGill is on an LSR/Axis/FMF Honda.

Bithell will NOT be on a Can Am this year. Warnert is done, word says he will be on a Honda.

Wolf is talked to get on a Greg's ATV Honda.

Cook will be on a DeRisi prepped Honda.

Donnie O will likely still be in on a Jet Honda.

Yoho on a BNR YFZ X.

XCRacer236
12-12-2011, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by ZBlaster
Borich has been seen on a Yamaha, but nothing is set in stone yet. He owns one of every brand.

Bithell will NOT be on a Can Am this year. Warnert is done, word says he will be on a Honda.

Yoho on a BNR YFZ X.

NAILED it!

Pappy
12-12-2011, 09:56 AM
You are forgetting Motorworks in regards to Bithell. No deal that ive seen but that was the look of things last I heard anything. Warnert is pulling out but Motorworks will be stepping in and fielding a team.

ZBlaster
12-12-2011, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
You are forgetting Motorworks in regards to Bithell. No deal that ive seen but that was the look of things last I heard anything. Warnert is pulling out but Motorworks will be stepping in and fielding a team.

I had heard Bithell was just ready to get off the Can Am, of course it's hard to turn down a deal like that to go privateer. Only time will tell I suppose.

dxcody
12-12-2011, 10:21 AM
We will see next year.

I hope your right, i want donnie to come back but as of right now if you ask him, "its doubtful"

I heard about Wolf talking to gregs but i dont think he will leave GTT

As for Bithell, the last thing i heard (i know rumors are rarely true) he was already signed to be on a can am for 2012

Guess we will just have to see.

All those guys, minus McGill and Cook are pretty private about most things, so we probably wont know officially until the 2012 Florida opener.

KingpinsEx
12-12-2011, 04:33 PM
How did Borich run the LTR this year then if the production rule even matters?

XCRacer236
12-12-2011, 05:26 PM
The Production Rule doesn't apply to when the quad was made. If it did, how would Yoho run a standard YFZ??? :rolleyes:

And everyone else on a Honda...?

IOWAracer
12-12-2011, 05:39 PM

Yoho on a BNR YFZ X.

McGill is on a MotoXperts Honda...

fastredrider44
12-12-2011, 06:29 PM
I thought the latest adaption of the production rule was that you can run anything production as long as it had matching frame and engine numbers, meaning any year of bike you want. 250Rs included but they would have to be stock framed, and stock cc. I could be way off, so don't quote me on that.

ZBlaster
12-12-2011, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by IOWAracer
McGill is on a MotoXperts Honda...

MXP did his motor, but a majority of his support is LSR/Axis/FMF. From what I've gathered atleast.

XCRacer236
12-12-2011, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
I thought the latest adaption of the production rule was that you can run anything production as long as it had matching frame and engine numbers, meaning any year of bike you want. 250Rs included but they would have to be stock framed, and stock cc. I could be way off, so don't quote me on that.

Pretty sure your right. And as we all know those 250r's were FAR from stock. ;)

XCRacer236
12-12-2011, 07:51 PM
MXP did his motor, but a majority of his support is LSR/Axis/FMF. From what I've gathered atleast.

Correct. All MXP did was his motor.

Pappy
12-12-2011, 07:55 PM
The real question will who can do what when it counts!

No injuries...I say Borich can take it again. If he is on blue, its dialed in enough for him to win.

Bithell..if on a can am from motorworks will be flying....

McGill...hungry but managing your own deal and such is a big deal, lots of work instead of training and riding, more stress etc.

Fowler....has what it atkes to be a real spoiler if anyone of teh top guys has issues both in finishing position and year end points

Kiser...he will be right there no doubt

Fun to speculate LOL

dxcody
12-13-2011, 02:14 AM
The real question will who can do what when it counts!

No injuries...I say Borich can take it again. If he is on blue, its dialed in enough for him to win.

Bithell..if on a can am from motorworks will be flying....

McGill...hungry but managing your own deal and such is a big deal, lots of work instead of training and riding, more stress etc.

Fowler....has what it atkes to be a real spoiler if anyone of teh top guys has issues both in finishing position and year end points

Kiser...he will be right there no doubt

Fun to speculate LOL

Cant count out Wolf!

But now that McGill doesnt have someone tellling him how to ride, he is going to go back to be a wild man and im saying he will kill a couple races.

Everyone (including fowler himself) say that fowler wont be a championship contender this year, which i know he is a rookie and very young but i think he will deff be up there challenging those guys.
my top 3 next year are

1. McGill
2. Borich
3. Fowler just what i think.

Pappy
12-13-2011, 04:58 AM
I like the **** out of Wolf, but like a few others, he works for a living and cant train in the off season like a few that have nothing but seat time as a job. No excuses, but thats reality.

I dont have nor play favorites, just call them like I see them!

ktmmack
12-13-2011, 08:15 AM
would be nice to see motoworks team step in for 2012. Maybe bring out some of their WORCS racers too!

dxcody
12-13-2011, 08:32 AM
I like the **** out of Wolf, but like a few others, he works for a living and cant train in the off season like a few that have nothing but seat time as a job. No excuses, but thats reality.

I dont have nor play favorites, just call them like I see them!

Oh i completely agree. Just like Ockerman.

Its one thing to pin it and hope for the best when you have 3 weeks to recover before the next race if something goes bad but its a whole different story when, if wolf or ockerman get hurt they cant work and they dont get any paycheck at the end of the week.

Man i wish donnie would have kept training like he did his 2008 pro-am year. He would be tough to beat.

woodsman250r
12-13-2011, 08:37 AM
Does anyone remember when Borich first switched to a YFZ 450 back in 2004-2005 for the start of the season, then switched to Honda? I remember talking to his dad after switching to the Honda, and he said that he couldn't get the Yamaha dialed in to where he felt comfortable on it. I just wonder if that will be an issue again if this rumor is true??

XCRacer236
12-13-2011, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by woodsman250r
Does anyone remember when Borich first switched to a YFZ 450 back in 2004-2005 for the start of the season, then switched to Honda? I remember talking to his dad after switching to the Honda, and he said that he couldn't get the Yamaha dialed in to where he felt comfortable on it. I just wonder if that will be an issue again if this rumor is true??

The 04/05 has absolutely NO similarities between the R/X besides it's a Yamaha.... Borich could win on a Kymco the way he has been riding the last couple years.. However with that said...

Borich won't win the championship next year.

ZBlaster
12-13-2011, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by XCRacer236
The 04/05 has absolutely NO similarities between the R/X besides it's a Yamaha.... Borich could win on a Kymco the way he has been riding the last couple years.. However with that said...

Borich won't win the championship next year.

Word on the street just said Borich's quads WON'T be blue next year... in fact won't look much different than this years. :devil:

Robin Hood
12-13-2011, 02:57 PM
Word on the street just said Borich's quads WON'T be blue next year... in fact won't look much different than this years. :devil:

Zach, either you or Borich are trolling the entire GNCC racing community with these posts hahaha.

ZBlaster
12-13-2011, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
Zach, either you or Borich are trolling the entire GNCC racing community with these posts hahaha.

Haha I can promise you from what I heard my last post is 100% authentic. I love to stir the pot, but I love seeing that #1 plate on a Zuki even more :macho

XCRacer236
12-13-2011, 03:54 PM

I saw that on the the forum after i posted that... :devil:

rageatvlawson8
12-13-2011, 04:34 PM
The Production Rule doesn't apply to when the quad was made. If it did, how would Yoho run a standard YFZ??? :rolleyes:

Cuz yamaha still sells the old quad a reduced price....thats one way to get around it. Saw it in Dirtwheels for the 2012 lineup

KingpinsEx
12-13-2011, 05:34 PM

And everyone else on a Honda...?

No kidding, I believed it applied to if they are being made. Obviously you do not have to run a current model year to run the production classes. But since you are the expert, why could Borich run the LTR this year and not next?

XCRacer236
12-13-2011, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by rageatvlawson8
Cuz yamaha still sells the old quad a reduced price....thats one way to get around it. Saw it in Dirtwheels for the 2012 lineup

LOL.. uhh that 2012 YFZ is a lot different than my 09... The standard YFZ was not produced in 10-11...

XCRacer236
12-13-2011, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
No kidding, I believed it applied to if they are being made. Obviously you do not have to run a current model year to run the production classes. But since you are the expert, why could Borich run the LTR this year and not next?

I am no expert. I have gathered all my info from other websites. I never said he couldn't run the LTR next year... my jaw DROPPED when I heard rumors of him not bein on it next year...

patrickj75
12-14-2011, 06:34 AM
Isn't the LTR past the legal hamologation limit? I thought that was why he has to switch for next year.

450rdr424
12-14-2011, 09:41 AM
the rules from the GNCC page

3. XC1 and XC2 (ATV): (201-450cc); Fuel tanks are limited to a 4-gallon maximum capacity. Production models only: OEM motor and matching frame combination model required. Frame geometry must remain as designed by the OEM, including all suspension pivot points. Engine modifications, frame reinforcements, and aftermarket A-arms, caster brackets, swing-arms and suspension are permitted.

4. All machines must have silencers. Machines may be tested by officials any time prior to, during or after the event.

5. All machines must have a working kill switch (bikes) or tether cord (ATV).

6. No horns, bells or other sound devices are permitted on machines.

7. Machine sound level cannot exceed 99 dbs.

8. The AMA Claiming Rule does not apply to XC1 or XC2 machines (Motorcycle or ATV).

9. The AMA Homologation requirements do not apply to XC1 or XC2 machines (Motorcycle or ATV).

rageatvlawson8
12-14-2011, 06:38 PM
LOL.. uhh that 2012 YFZ is a lot different than my 09... The standard YFZ was not produced in 10-11...

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelhome/323/0/home.aspx

Now like I said they still sell the old YFZ at a reduced price and ALSO have the new YFZ-R.

XCRacer236
12-14-2011, 08:49 PM
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelhome/323/0/home.aspx

Now like I said they still sell the old YFZ at a reduced price and ALSO have the new YFZ-R.

Dude, your so far out of the loop it's not even funny. Please do a search.

EDIT: Here I did it for you...

Here (http://www.********forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49304&highlight=2012+yfz)

rageatvlawson8
12-15-2011, 07:09 AM
Dude, your so far out of the loop it's not even funny. Please do a search.

EDIT: Here I did it for you...

Here (http://www.********forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49304&highlight=2012+yfz)

Ya they changed them up alittle, however i can bet that 99% of people cant look at them in a picture and really tell them apart beside from the shocks. I didnt mean that they produced the old quad, thats why i said sold them. If someone put aftermarket frontend on it, it would be even to tell apart. Kinda like honda and their "2012" trx

XCRacer236
12-15-2011, 10:46 AM
Ya they changed them up alittle, however i can bet that 99% of people cant look at them in a picture and really tell them apart beside from the shocks. I didnt mean that they produced the old quad, thats why i said sold them. If someone put aftermarket frontend on it, it would be even to tell apart. Kinda like honda and their "2012" trx

I see your point, but there is KEY differences between the quads. Honda... hasn't even produced a 450 in what.. 3 years..? Their a joke. End of story.

etccb
12-16-2011, 12:12 PM
I do not see how someone could cheer on the new old yam 450 idea and bash the new old honda 450 idea. Same basic deal both ways if you ask me like them or don't like them the same.

XCRacer236
12-16-2011, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by etccb
I do not see how someone could cheer on the new old yam 450 idea and bash the new old honda 450 idea. Same basic deal both ways if you ask me like them or don't like them the same.

So you're saying if you like the 09 YFZ you have to like the 450R cause it's the same..? :huh

etccb
12-16-2011, 03:38 PM
Not at all. I read that yam had a good idea of rereleasing the orig yfz which was great but it was a bad idea for honda to have the 2012. Maybe I misunderstood but my post was not a hon vs yam post at all. At least it wasn't ment to be.

justin.hughes
12-28-2011, 07:18 AM
I like the idea of the top pro's being on different teams, to me its just exciting. Seems the only thing confirmed is Mcgill will be on a Honda. I am a Yamaha guy but having Borich/Kiser/Fowler and Ballance on Yamaha is a lot of heavy hitters on one team.

jb500ex
12-28-2011, 06:32 PM
dont worry borich isnt on a yamaha

YFZ28
01-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Honda??

Scro
01-04-2012, 12:51 PM
I'm assuming he's back on Suzuki.

dxcody
01-04-2012, 06:44 PM
Im not saying this means anything, and all you guys that keep disagreeing saying he wont be on a yamaha, im not here to argue... But Borich and Fowler went to MXP together the other day before they headed down south. My buddy called me and told me he saw them there.

JAG Motosports
01-04-2012, 08:33 PM
borich was on a yamaha at a track in central florida last weekend

justin.hughes
01-07-2012, 07:33 AM
Dirty Foot Adventures posted some pics yesterday or the day before of Borich riding a Yamaha. I questioned it because there were no sponsor stickers on it at all. Only the red number one plate up front. Looked like a 2011 yfz450x to me.

dxcody
01-07-2012, 01:52 PM
Ok... I got let in on a helpful tip today..

Sorry i didnt listen to you guys.

He will be on a suzuki for 2012

justin.hughes
01-07-2012, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by dxcody
Ok... I got let in on a helpful tip today..

Sorry i didnt listen to you guys.

He will be on a suzuki for 2012

I just saw you live in Terre Haute too. I am going to be running the Midwest XC series this year.

dxcody
01-12-2012, 08:31 PM
Thats pretty cool man, yea i live right down by stuckeys on the South end.

My race season is going to be put on hold, AGAIN due to engine issues. But i should be good to go after i patch these new few things up.

Hey guys 1-8-12 FTR race in Florida results....

1. Borich Rode #1 plate suzuki
2. Kiser Rode #3 plate YFZ
3. McGill Rode #2 plate Honda (no graphics kit)
4. Wolf Rode #341 GTT honda just like his 2011 season..

I did hear that wolf was switching, possibly getting a partial factory ride for 2012 season but still nothing confirmed.

Word is that Borich is riding his yamaha just to keep people guessing. But From the looks right now Borich will be on his Suzuki for 2012.

djeurink
01-13-2012, 07:41 AM
On the Quadradio.com interview he said he is sticking with Suzuki.

justin.hughes
01-13-2012, 08:30 AM
I spoke with Mcgill and he said he got 4th at the FTR race due to his seat falling off. Wolfe deserves a factory ride.

dxcody
01-13-2012, 09:27 AM
he may have.. Idk they might have messed the results up on the ftr site or something.. Idk here is the page http://www.floridatrailriders.org/Hare/2012_pdf/12hs07.pdf

But yea wolf is an amazing rider.

C41Xracer
01-13-2012, 10:24 AM
But yea wolf is an amazing rider. [/B]

should of saw him back when he raced mx, he was just as good

justin.hughes
01-13-2012, 10:32 AM
I really think Wolf deserves a factory ride. He has worked his butt off through out the years and he has said how stressful its been for his family financially. He is a great guy.