PDA

View Full Version : cant decide.and ???

finsteratv
12-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Alright, my 450 has a good amount of power. I already ride it pretty fast and it seems to be suspended somewhat well. my problem is im thinking of starting to jump a little more in the dunes and always hear how +2 arms are so nice to have. This is where my problem is, i also do some trail riding and dont want to be hung up in the trees/trails all the time, my question is what would my width be for an 06 with +2's and 4+1 rims?(4+1 being my xc rims and others for sand) thanks! or do you guys just suggest getting my shocks re-done?

Pacheco_450r
12-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Going wider will make you more stable riding fast and taking turns, but just jumping alone I don't see a huge gain in getting +2 a arms unless you add long travel shocks with them. Personally if you are mainly a trail guy I would keep your narrow stance and get a nice re-valve set up for what you have and you should see a nice improvement for jumping.

Balaz_73*00
12-11-2011, 09:06 PM
I personally have had a full mx quad for years. I trail ride it and race xc with it too. I've never had a problem with width. I raced an IXCR race that was on a new cut track and that was about the tightest I have ever seen. I was still able to make the track but it was tight. On any other casual trails I wouldn't be worried. Id go wide.

chronicsmoke
12-12-2011, 08:09 AM
I agree with Balaz.

Sure you'll be a bit wide, but unless you have a hard time making it through the trails in your are, +2 arms will help you in the corners and jumps.

I take my mx quads everywhere my trail quads go (just not as fast as they arent as protected with skids) but I dont have any troubles with width.

finsteratv
12-12-2011, 05:47 PM
alrighty, all our state trails are supposed to be 50in. dunes doesnt matter. and most of the trails i ride are the ones i build on my property, usually skid roads i uncover so width is barely an issue except the tighter stuff..need to measure our enclosed trailer though, if i can looks like ima slap on some plus 2's :cool: thanks guys!!

chronicsmoke
12-12-2011, 06:08 PM
You'll still be under 50" with +2 arms

When I had my +2 ST arms I needed 3:2 offset wheels to get close, but even then I wasn't right at 50"

48" wide is nice too, I had that setup with XC tires before I started MXing exclusively with my 450