PDA

View Full Version : We lose another mini quad track..

dewutfan
12-11-2011, 04:19 PM
For those who havent heard Calhoun sx is closing and we as mini quad Dads need to start looking for another track to race.. Andy the owner there was a great guy and hate it didnt work out for him and us.. we wish him luck in the future and just know we will miss that tract so much...

hensonfamfun
12-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Man I hate hearing that!! Thats a shame. That was a really great track! We had an awesome time there when we rode it. We have the same problem here in Southern Tennesse and Northern Alabama. Several of us rode the series closest to us and it appears they are not going to do it this comming year. We are in the same boat which will more than likely have us traveling this summer towards Kentucky to ride.

Christiansdad
12-12-2011, 08:44 PM
well we hope to see yall at durhamtown then

dewutfan
12-13-2011, 05:50 AM
We will be there for sure and cant wait we got a slipper clutch coming for Christmas lol and now have to pull the rear shock off that has 3 races on it and send it out to get fixed leaking oil out it like crazy... but we should be ready for January race and all the rest ..

Christiansdad
12-13-2011, 07:44 AM
10-4..we have a great time there.. Wish Yall could make it there this weekend .

eightysix86
12-14-2011, 03:10 AM
that does #@*^ ! maybe someone will buy it and put us in!!
Nates birthday is Jan 9th , coming to Duramtown on the 14th were going to have his party there!

chunky0071
12-20-2011, 07:42 AM
Talked to Andy Sat. at the banquet and he said to let all the mini atv parents know that it was a real pleasure having us out at the track. He also said that out of all the classes ours were very easy to please and it was a real pleasure.

dewutfan
12-20-2011, 07:47 AM
I just hope it all works out for Andy and his family and i really hope someone picks this track up and runs it the way they did .. i would love to go back there and race...

Rich243
12-20-2011, 11:36 AM
We really enjoyed our times at Calhoun. Hate to see it go away. They did a real good job with the track AND keeping things seperated so it was safe!!! We appreciate all they did for the mini group. I am sure we will cross paths with Andy and family since Andrew and Mason both run 65 dirt bikes.

coffing918
12-24-2011, 08:13 PM
We also just lost our local track Atco MX park in NJ just this week. We only had 2 local tracks to begin with, now we are down to 1 (Raceway park) they only runs a few quad races per year! Im glad we run nationals but It was nice to have Atco they had between 18-20 races a season, now they are closed down for good!